Sequel: Fallen Angels
Status: Active

Reunited...Again

Goodbye Stranger

Currently in heaven, it's an abandoned new warehouse and Dean is searching the place. He turns around and is attacked, and it's Cas who attacks him, twisting his arm and stabbing him. Now this is only training for Cas seeing as the lights turn on and Naomi emerges.

"No hesitation, quick, brutal. Everything's back in order. Finally, you're ready."

But Cas didn't just kill him once, he killed him numerous times. But meanwhile in the Letters' lair, Sam and I are doing some research and Dean is in the other room looking through boxes of the Letters' stuff.

"What the hell is this? Spear of Destiny? What is this, God's toothpick? You know, would it kill these asshats to label these boxes in something other than hieroglyphics. Hey, you listening to me?"

"Yeah, it's fascinating stuff. You should probably uh..write it all down in your journal for the archives you know?" Sam replies.

"Wouldn't be a bad idea." I nod in agreement.

"Yeah thanks. You're a lot of help."

Sam then starts to have a coughing fit, coughing into a napkin.

"Sam? Are you okay?" I ask.

"Hey Doc Holiday, you alright over there?" Dean asks.

Sam looks down into the napkin and sees blood. "Yeah um...I'm fine. Just um...wrong pipe."

Dean continues looking through the Letters' stuff and he comes across this magazine, this old magazine, basically a porn magazine and he starts to look through it.

"Hello. These Men of Letters are so boring afterall. Konichiwa. Hey check this out."

"What is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? You kidding me? This is a first edition dude. You know what this would go or on EBay?"

"No, why do you?"

"No. Maybe. Shut up. You find anything?"

"I did, uh...dead bodies showing up all over the Midwest last week. Benton Indiana, Downers Grove Illinois, Novi Michigan. Then again last night in Lincoln Springs, Missouri."

"And how is this us?"

"Because each of the victims had severe burns around their eyes, hands and feet. Puncture wounds through the backs of their hands, eyes and internal organs liquefied."

"That sounds like us."

"Yeah. Also no link between any of the victims. Uh..one was a real estate agent, another was a local historian, the one last night was a teacher."

"So, chupacabra? What do we got? Power tools gone rogue? Wait, are we talking a Maximum Overdrive situation here?"

"I don't know. worth a shot though. I'm gonna grab my gear, we should probably leave in five."

"Mmhmm."

"Unless of course you need more time with Ms. October."

"What? Oh...yeah. Yeah, make it 10."

"More like five." I say as I walk by and snatch the magazine out of his hand, bringing it back into the room he got it from.

"Hey."

"Sorry, but you've got the real thing here, not some fantasy in a magazine. Now let's go." I remark as I head to our bedroom so I can get change into the detective clothes.

Dean goes to get up, but notices Sam's bloody napkin in the trash can and gets suspicious. But he soon comes into the room just as I finish getting changed.

"Aww, I missed the show."

"Poor poor you." I laugh as I put the finishes touches on my get up, before searching through one of the many fake badges I've collected for stuff like this.

Once Dean was ready and once Sam was ready, we all head out and go talk to one of the victim's family members, her husband.

"We just have a few routine follow up questions about your wife sir. Did she have any enemies?" Sam asks.

"Anne? Honestly, I can't think of a soul who would want to hurt her. Even after everything that happened."

"After everything that happened?" I question.

"About a week ago she changed...in Anne. She was out of sorts, not herself at all."

"Out of sorts how?" Sam questions.

"It'd be better if I show you."

We all look at each other before following the man.

"She stopped sleeping, she stopped eating, she went out in the middle of the night going god knows where."

When we walked in we see this model of a town, and it must've been the town we're in.

"I tried to talk to her but she would just mutter to herself."

"About what?"

"Something about an orchard? Finally, I just followed her one night and she went to the playground. Over here at the elementary school. And she started digging. She would leave with these little bags of dirt, hung up here. All these bags represent holes that she dug in the ground."

"Were these holes uh...I don't know...six feet deep?"

"No. She dug for hours, she never broke a sweat. Straight down 10 maybe 15 feet."

"Did you notice anything else?"

"I didn't say anything to the cops, 'cause I didn't want them to think I was crazy. After Anne came home, I came down here to confront her. And she was on the phone."

"Do you know who with?" I question.

"No. But I know what I saw. And it wasn't my Annie. After I called her out, her eyes...they turned black."

The three of us give each other subtle looks.

"Now I know I just imagined it. I know I did, but I left. I went to the bar, probably had too much to drink and by the time I came back, my Annie was uh...I should've stayed. I should've protected her. I'm moving into my sister's place today. I can't be here anymore."

"Understandable." I nod.

"Well, thank you very much for your time. We're all very sorry for your loss."

He nods and we follow him out and upstairs and then we head back outside to the car.

“So somebody is killing demons. Wow, that is awesome. I feel like we should send a card or flowers. What kind of flower says ‘Thanks for killing demons’?”

"Yeah, but who's killing demons and why? And, by the way, since when does a demon possess someone, then go all 'beautiful mind' and goes digging in the dirt. Does any of this seem right to you two?"

"Not really."

"I like the part about killing demons. That's something right?"

We then head to a house where this woman has had some contact with Anne recently.

"Sure, of course. Well thank you very much for all your help, I really appreciate it Tom. Alright, bye. So, real estate guy's wife said he was acting weird. The stories were pretty much the same. Got all obsessive and then weird. No one saw any black eyes but still. Wonder what they're all looking for."

We walk up the steps and knock on the door and the woman answers.

"Special agent Lynn, these are my partners special agents Tandy and Bray. We'd like to ask you a few questions about Anne Morton?"

"Oh...of course. Please come in."

"Thank you."

"Can I get you anything to drink? Coffee?"

"Yes please." I nod, before we go and sit down in the living room.

"I had never met her before she called the other night." The woman says as she comes in with the coffee setting it on the table.

"Now, why was she calling you?"

"She was looking to find an original map of the city."

"Did she say what for?"

"Well she didn't. But she did mention an old orchard that had gone missing."

"Missing?"

"This town was wiped from the earth by the river's 100 year floods. It was rebuilt, but all of the original records were lost. I'm a PHD candidate. This is my research. I uh.. my dissertation is on the history of this town and it's connection to the Underground Railroad and whatnot. I've been working to recreate a map for years as part of my research and this...this is the old Jacubiac Orchard right there. I found out yesterday it's where Downey meets Bond street."

"Now did Anne say why she was looking for the site of an old orchard?"

"No. We set a time to meet, and she never showed. Then I read about her in the paper. It's just tragic. Anne's assistant called this morning though, asked if I still had the map."

"Assistant?" Sam asks, and someone knocks on the door before she could answer him.

"Oh, that's probably him. Maybe he can help."

She goes over and opens the door, we follow.

"Oh are you-" She trails off and as soon as they take a glimpse at us, they're eyes turn black.

"Crap."

She screams and the the demons come after us, and we're all fighting them while one grabs the map. That one escapes. Dean goes to use the knife on one, but it leaves that body and goes into the body of the woman. Sam is having trouble with the demon going after him, but as soon as Dean and I go to help, Cas appears and burns the eyes and everything out of the demon.

"Cas?" I say in shock.

"Brooke....Sam....Dean." He states, helping the possessed woman up and brings her into the kitchen and ties her to the chair. Sam and I were in the living room sitting on the couch, Dean comes back out with ice packs for both of us.

"Here put these on your shoulders." He tosses them to us before sitting on the couch with us.

"I'm fine." Sam tosses the ice pack away.

"Thanks." I say, putting my pack on my shoulder, and Cas comes into the living room.

"The other demon escaped. I bound the one I caught, in devils trap. I'm going to interrogate it now."

"Wait a second Cas. How about you answer some questions for us. Like where the hell have you been?"

"You heard me didn't you?" Dean asks.

"You prayed to him?" Sam questions.

"He did." I nod.

"Yes I heard you. But that's not why I'm here. I've been hunting demons."

"So this is you? Why?"

"What should I tell them?" Cas asks Naomi.

"The truth. Most of it anyway. Maybe they can get us closer."

"I've been searching for the other half of the demon tablet." He tells us.

"What?"

"Without us?" Dean questions, quite upset about it.

"I've been trying to help Dean. In my search, I found out that Crowley has set out demons to find Lucifer's crypts."

"Lucifer had crypts?"

"Dozens of them apparently."

"But why the storage wars? I mean, what the hell are they all looking for?"

"It would be more helpful if they knew everything."

"They cannot be trusted."

"But-"

"Lie. Castiel. Tell them what we discussed."

"They're looking for a parchment that would allow them to decipher Crowley's half of the demon tablet. Without a prophet."

"A demonic decoder ring...in Crowley's hands. Awesome."

"The crypts were uh...lost over time. Only those close to Lucifer know about their whereabouts."

"Then how did Crowley find them?"

"His demons have been possessing locals who may have some special knowledge."

"That explains the crazy room at Anne's house. How do they know where to start looking in the first place?"

"I don't know. I'm hoping the strange haired demon in the kitchen is more knowledgeable then the others I've interrogated." Cas states, getting up and heads into the kitchen.

"Well, he puts the 'ass' in Cas huh?" Dean remarks.

"A little."

"He's definitely off."

"Off? He hasn't been right since he got back from Purgatory. We still don't know how he got out of there."

"I don't know Dean. If he's so sketchy then why were you praying to him?"

Both Dean and I stay quiet, not wanting Sam to find out that Dean prayed to Cas to look out for him.

"You know, I can hear you both. I am a celestial being."

We then get up and head into the kitchen ourselves and we stand around the table where the demon was tied down and trapped in the devil's trap.

"Sam and Dean Winchester. And Dean's little girlfriend Brooke. Oh the thoughts she had about you three. Can't say they were so nice about you sweetheart." She glares at me. "But mostly about you Sam. What can I say, she has a thing for smutton chops."

"Alright you douchebag listen..." Dean states, and Cas stabs her in the hand.

"Who told you about the crypts?" Cas asks.

"I thought angels were supposed to be the good cops?" The demons snidely remarks and Cas stabs the other hand.

"WAIT! STOP! STOP! We have a hostage. It's one of Crowley's pets. She's at the Murray Hotel, down by the interstate. She knows the towns where all the crypts are buried. She saw them all back in the day."

"And she told you about the parchment?" Sam questions.

"What parchment?" The demon retorts.

"Hey, hey! You think he's the only bad cop in this room? Stop lying! We know what you're really looking for." Dean replies.

"No. I am telling you we're looking for-"

"Kill it!" Naomi demands, and Cas stabs it in the chest.

"What the hell was that?!"

"It told us what we needed."

"No she didn't, you can't just-"

"I started this hunt without you, because I didn't want anything to slow me down. We have to get to the motel now."

"Wait, hold on a second-" Sam starts, but Cas is gone.

"Cas!"

"Cas? Damn it, go go." Dean says and we rush out of the house and into the Impala, quickly heading to the hotel. When we pull up front we see lights on the 2nd floor.

"That's it." I state, and we rush inside and to that floor. We find the right door when we hear screaming and we storm in, finding the burned demons.

"Thanks for waiting."

"Yeah Cas, thanks."

"The hostage is in there." Cas motions to a closed door. We head over and Dean opens it and sitting on the ground is none other than Meg.

"Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper."

We help Meg out of the bathroom and back into the room. We all sit around her to ask her what's going on.

"So there's one thing I got to ask...what's up with the hair?" Dean asks.

"Really Dean? That's all you got to ask?" I roll my eyes.

"What?"

"Thanks for noticing Dean. But this wasn't my idea, it was Crowley's and it's just another reason why I want to stab him in the face."

"Wait a second, you've been telling Crowley the location of Lucifer's crypts."

"What can I say, I needed a break from the constant torture. I did visit them all during my time with Yellow Eyes. But don't worry, I haven't exactly been giving them the Glen Gary leads."

"You mean you've been lying to them."

"I just get them in the ballpark. Enough time's passed and enough's changed that they bought it."

"Why lie?"

"Buy myself some time. Try to find a way to get free."

"Wait so, a bunch of innocent people died so you could by yourself some time?" Sam asks.

"Hi I'm Meg, I'm a demon."

"So what have they found?"

"Bubkiss. And on top of that, someone kept picking up the trail icing demons. I'm guessing that was you Castiel. But Crowley just keeps sending more. He's hell bent-"

"She's gonna...tell them the truth. Do I have to kill her?"

"She does know the locations of the crypts. But working with a demon is...unclean."

"We could use her. As Crowley did."

"Agreed."

"-finding that angel tablet."

"Angel tablet?"

"Did you just say angel tablet?"

"You know, I get why Crowley calls you Moose now. Yes, Angel tablet. Crowley found out Lucifer had it, figures it's stashed in a crypt."

"Well, this is news to me as well. Demons I interrogated, they must've been...lying about their true intentions."

"Really? 'Cause I saw you zero dark thirty that demon. You were more than persuasive."

"You're both missing the point. I lied to them, which means they're digging in the wrong place, but not for long, they'll be back here soon. So who's up for fleeing?"

"She's right. We need to find those crypts before they do. Meg, you're the only one who's been there."

"We need your help."

"Any of you dummies got a map?"

We then head to Anne's house, since her husband had left it and show Meg the model of the city and she looks it over.

"There, that's where the crypt was."

"What's there now?"

"Do I look like Google to you? None of these buildings were here way back in the day. Figure it out genius. Is there any booze in this dump?"

Sam got situated, sitting downstairs and by the model of the city, Cas and Meg heading upstairs.

"He lied to us."

"Yeah maybe. I can kinda understand why, I mean, an angel tablet? If the demon tablet can shut the gates of hell, what can the angel tablet do?"

Cas is currently in the meantime, looking over Meg's wounds she sustained at the hands of the fellow demons.

"These wounds have festered."

"You really do know how to make a girl's nethers quiver don't you?"

"I am aware of how to do that. Though it doesn't usually involve cleaning wounds."

"Why are you so sweet on me Clarence?"

"I don't know. And I still don't know who Clarence is."

"Would it kill you to watch a movie, read a book?"

"A movie no. But a book with the proper spells, yeah it could...theoretically kill me."

"You know you're much cuter when you're shutting up. So which Cas are you now? Original make and model or crazy town?"

"I'm just me."

"So your noodle's back in order?"

"Yeah, my noodle remembers everything. It's a pretty good noodle."

"Really? You remember everything."

"If you're referring to the pizza man, yes I remember the pizza man. And it's a good memory."

"Here goes. Alright, according to this, the crypt has to be below an abandoned building."

"Good times. Now you really think we can trust Megstiel?"

"No. But what choice do we have?"

"You ever miss the apocalypse?" Meg asks Cas.

"No, why would I miss the end of times?"

"I miss the simplicity. I was bad, you were good, life was easier. Now it's all so messy. I'm kinda good, which sucks. You're kinda bad, which is actually all manner of hot. We survive this, I wanna order some pizza and we're gonna move some furniture around you understand?"

"No I...wait actually...yes I..."

"Alright. Let's roll campers." Dean interrupts them when we walk upstairs and then head out to the car.

Meanwhile back at the hotel room, the demon who stole the map walks in to see the others dead. He takes out his phone and calls Crowley.

"Sir, I uh...searched the site, top to bottom, it's empty. No, there's no crypt there. And uh...that's not all. It's just me now sir. I um...we may have lost Meg. Sir? Hello sir?"

"Just to be clear, you can't find a hole in the ground. Your co-workers have met with an untimely demise. And you've lost my favorite chew toy. Brilliant. What's that old expression? If you want something done right..." He trails off, stabbing the guy. "...blah blah blah."

By the time we got to the abandoned building where we needed to go, it was nightfall.

"So, this is it. Basement?"

"Alright. Cas, Brooke and I will head in, and get our Indiana Jones on. Sam you stay outside with Meg."

"What?"

"Trust him Sam."

"We got this."

"What're you talking about Dean? I'm not letting you go in there alone."

"They won't be alone." Cas states.

"That's not what I mean. Meg can hang here, watch our backs."

"Oh what, now you trust Meg?"

"Hey I got you this far."

"Shut up."

"Dean-"

"Sam, I saw your bloody rag in the trash can okay?"

"Bloody rag?" I ask, acting like I saw nothing when he coughed into it earlier in the day.

"That was nothing-"

"Stop. Just stop. Sam we don't know what's in there okay? And you almost let a demon get the best of you back there."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not fine. You haven't been fine since the first trial. That's why I called Cas."

"Trial?" Meg asks.

"Shut up Meg." Sam, Dean and I say in unison.

"Dean, I'm telling you, I'm okay."

"No you're not. Sam, you're damaged in ways even I can't heal. Dean's right. You should stay here and protect Meg."

"Since when do I need protecting?"

"Since you were held captive and tortured for over a year."

"Touche."

"Alright we'll be back."

Cas walks off, Dean hands Sam the demon knife and then we follow Cas.

"Hey, what'd you mean back there about Sam?" Dean asks as we walk along.

"It's difficult to say. He's...something on the subatomic level. And his electromagnetic field-"

"Okay bottom line for me Bill Nye. Is it lethal?"

"I don't know. Wait."

"What?" I ask.

"There's a draft. There's something behind there." Cas motions to the wall. "Stand back."

We do so and using his powers, he cracks the wall so we can get in.

"Wait, so I took how many bullets for you guys and you didn't even look for me?" Meg asks Sam as they're spray painting sigils and devils traps. "Like once? Huh, my hero. What's with all the trial and being damaged crap?"

"Look, no disrespect but you haven't exactly been the most uh...trustworthy person in our lives Meg."

"You're not gonna tell me. Seriously? How am I not Team Sam? Fine. Whatever it is, you okay dying over it? You don't wanna say it, fine. But remember, I spent time walking in that corpse of yours and all your sad little thoughts and feelings."

"That's creepy."

"Here's what I remember. Deep down in parts you never let see the light of day, you want to live a long normal life away from creepy old things like me."

"I do. You know I spend last year with...with someone and um...now I know that's actually possible."

"That's how you spend your last year? With a chick? Lame."

"How about we just wait quietly."

"What was her name? You don't even trust me with a name? Cut me, do I not bleed Sam? So a chick actually got you off hunting huh? That's one rare creature. Tell me, how'd you meet this unicorn?"

Once Cas breaks the wall, we walk in and look around.

"Wow, so this is one of Lucifer's crypts?"

"Yes. Now let's find the tablet."

I nod and walk around along with Dean and we search for the tablet.

"I don't think it's here. I don't see anything that could be a tablet."

"I found it." Cas tells Naomi.

"Tell the Winchester and Brooke the crypt is empty. Then you can come back-"

"It's warded against Angels."

"Well you can come back-"

"Crowley's demons are still in town. We're running out of time. What should I do?"

"Handle it."

"The angel tablet. That's it." Cas points to a box.

"How do you know?"

"It's the only thing in here warded against Angels."

Dean picks it up from where it was and puts it on the table in the middle of the room. Dean finds a dagger and hands it to me, and I pry open the lock and open the chest.

"These things always have to be encased in stone?"

"Winner winner, chicken dinner." Dean says, picking it up.

"Good. Hand it to me and I'll take it to Heaven."

"Heaven?"

"No, we will take it to Kevin so he can translate."

"Right. Of course. I'll take it to him right away. No time to waste."

"He's not that far. Now I've been meaning to go check on him. Bring him supplies."

"If the demons get their hands on the Angel tablet, they'll kill us all. They'll destroy Heaven."

"I can reason with Dean and Brooke. They're good people."

"Kill him. And kill her if you have to."

"I can re-supply the prophet Dean."

"You know, why don't uh...why don't Sam, Brooke and I take it over to him and you can get back to your mission. Finding the other half of the demon tablet, that is priority isn't it?"

"I can't let you take that Dean."

"Can't or won't?"

"Both."

"How did you get out of Purgatory Cas?"

"There has to be another way."

"You have done this a thousand times Castiel. You're ready. Kill him. And he's her weakness, so you go after him, she'll come after you. Do what you have to, to her. Then take the tablet, and bring it home where it belongs."

"Just tell me how you got out or Purgatory. Be honest with me. For the first time you've been back, and this is yours."

Just then Cas drops a knife into his hand, the special knife that kills demons and angels, but it can kill anyone basically.

"Cas..." I trail off, concerned about the way he's acting.

"Wait, hold on. There's one thing I don't understand. You hit a dog and stopped, why?" Meg asks Sam after her told the whole story about the dog and Amelia.

"That whole story, and that's your takeaway?"

"No, I heard the rest. You fell in love with a unicorn, it was beautiful, then sad, then sadder, I laughed, I cried, I puked in my mouth a little. And honestly I kinda get it."

"Really?"

"We've got company."

"Cas...what're you doing?" I ask, getting really worried.

"Cas...Cas I don't know what the hell is wrong with you but if you're in there and you can hear me, you don't have to do this. Cas!"

He goes to kill Dean, but he blocks it with the tablet and then thunder and lightning goes off around us.

"This isn't right."

"Do you realize what that tablet can do for us?"

"I-"

"For Heaven?"

"I won't hurt Dean, or Brooke."

"Yes you will. You are."

"Cas, fight this, this is not you! Fight it!"

Cas goes to hit him again, but Dean blocks it with the stone encasing the tablet and the thunder and lightning go off around us again. I want to do something but, I really don't want to be on the receiving end of the knife.

"What have you done to me?"

"Just relax Castiel. Let your vessel do what you know deep down is the right thing."

"What have you done to me Naomi?"

"Naomi?" I question.

"Who is Naomi?" Dean adds.

"What have I done to you?! Do you have any idea what it's like out there? There's blood everywhere. And it's on your hands. After everything you did...to us...to Heaven. I fixed you Castiel. I fixed you!"

Sam and Meg however in the meantime fight two of Crowley's demons coming to attack them.

"Cas." Dean puts his hand on his shoulder.

That's when Cas hits him and sends him across the room.

"That's it. Cas, knock it off! This isn't you Cas, you can't hurt us, you won't!" I say as I walk up to him, and the next thing I know, he puts two fingers to my forehead and I black out.

As soon as Dean gets up, he sees me knocked out.

"Brooke! Cas, what did you do?!"

"She's going to be sleeping for a while, she got in my way."

That just enrages Dean and he goes to punch him, but Cas catches his fist and twists his wrist. The stone drops to the floor and shatters, revealing the tablet, more thunder and lightning crashing and flashing in the room. Sam and Meg hear it this time and then Crowley appears.

"I believe they're playing my song."

Cas at this point as punched Dean in the face to the point where he was bleeding.

"You want it, take it. But you're gonna have to kill me first. Come on you coward, do it! Do it!"

He then hits him again.

"Please..."

"End this Castiel!"

He hits Dean again, no care in the world.

"Cas...this isn't you. This isn't you."

"Bring...me...the tablet." Naomi demands.

"Cas, Cas. I know you're in there. I know you can hear me. Cas, it's me. We're family. We need you. I need you."

"You have to choose Castiel. Us or them."

"Cas."

Cas then drops the knife and lets Dean go. First order of business for him is to bring me back, and he does. He comes over and puts fingers to my forehead and I wake up. He then picks up the angel tablet and it lights up, including him. He ends up disappearing from Naomi and is back with us.

"Casitel. Castiel!"

When I wake, I look over to see Dean all bloody and beat up.

"Dean!" I exclaim, making my way over to him the best I can after being knocked out. "You're bleeding. Cas did you do this? How could you?! And you zapped me unconscious! What's wrong with you?!"

"Cas..." Dean says quietly and Cas reaches out to touch him.

"No...Cas...Cas!"

And when he touches his face, he heals him.

"So sorry Dean....Brooke."

"What the hell just happened?"

"Yeah, it's like you had no remorse for what you were doing. Not a care in the world." I add.

"Love what you done with the place. Really think all that is gonna keep me out forever?" Crowley asks Sam and Meg.

"Just long enough for Dean, Brooke and Cas to get the tablet and get out."

"Castiel. So that's who's been poking my boys, and not in the sexy way. Got a bone to pick with you Moose. After what you did to my poor dog."

"You gonna talk us to death or are you gonna get down to it already?"

"There's my whore. I'm not here for my dearly departed though. I'm here for the stone with the funny scribbles on it."

"That's not gonna happen."

"I love when you get all tough. Touches me right where my breathing suit goes." He then pulls out one of the knives that kills demons and angels.

"Go. Save your brother and his girlfriend, and my unicorn." Meg tells Sam.

"Timon and Pumba...tell you their big plan? Did they share that little chestnut with you? They mean to close the gates of hell sweetheart. They mean to kill me, and all the demons, you included."

"You had me at kill you Crowley."

"This...Naomi has been controlling you since he got you out of Purgatory?"

"Yeah."

"What broke the connection?"

"I don't know. I just know that I have to protect this tablet now."

"From Naomi."

"Yes. And from you."

"What?"

"From me? What're you talking about?"

And with that he disappears.

"Cas? Cas damn it."

"Dean! Brooke! Guys, where's Cas."

"He's gone."

"Meg?"

"We gotta go, now."

With that, we start to rush out of the room. Meg in the meantime is getting beat up pretty badly by Crowley.

"I can beat on you for eternity."

"Take all the time you want you pig."

We leave the building and get into the car, which distracts Crowley.

"No Cas in the back seat. Your stone is long gone."

She stabs him in the shoulder, and he in return stabs her in the chest, killing her and we see it all.

"Just drive. Go." I state and Dean speeds off.

"Naomi." Crowley states as he's in the crypt and she appears. "Fancy meeting you here. Haven't seen you in a dark age. Love the haircut."

"How's the shoulder?"

"Just a flesh wound. Now, I don't have the tablet. If you're here, neither do you. Which means that your Castiel is in the wind with our prize. If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were losing your touch."

"Castiel isn't in the wind. He's doing exactly what he's supposed to do. Protect the tablet."

"Even from you. Easy love. If you remember our time in Mesopotamia, then you know I'm a lover, not a fighter."

"What do you want you cockroach?"

"Maybe we can make a deal. I mean I must have something that you want. Stole my move." He states as he sees that Naomi has disappeared.

In the meantime, Dean, Sam and myself were on the road.

"So, what happened?"

"Cas went crazy, that's what happened." I remark.

"But Cas touched the tablet and then it reset him to his factory settings?"

"I don't know man, I don't care. All I know is, he is off the reservation with a heavenly WMD. Listen man, I can't take anymore lies...from anyone."

"Yeah..um...I know. I'm sorry. I should've told you. I just wanted to believe that I was okay, I don't know."

"Well you heard what Cas said. That first trial hurt you in ways that even he can't heal. Sammy, I need you to be honest with me from here on out man."

"You're right. And I will be."

"Listen, I may not be able to carry the burden coming along with these trials. But I can carry you."

"You..realize you kinda just quoted Lord of the Rings right?"

I snicker as I lean back against the seat in the back.

"Come on man, but it's the Rudy-Hobbit. Rudy-Hobbit always gets a pass. Shut up."

He then turns on the radio and 'Goodbye Stranger' plays, and the ride from there on and quiet, besides the music. Cas in the meantime is on a bus going who knows where, the tablet in a bag.