‹ Prequel: She's Glitter and Gold
Status: Matt Flyzik does not approve of silent readers!

It Never Felt Right Calling This Just Friends

Eight

RIHANNA'S POV:

I wake up knowing that I've overslept. Jack's deep breaths tell me that he's asleep, and a part of me thinks that I should leave, but I don't.
I trace the outline of the tattoo on his chest and feel my eyelids growing heavier as the seconds pass.
I've been successfully ignoring the voice in the back of my head that's telling me that this was a mistake, but suddenly it hits me full force.
I haven't seen him in four months, and I immediately jumped into bed with him
I sigh and shift my head off of his pillow and onto mine.
He was right, I am a whore
He rolls onto his side and his eyes half open. "Good morning," he says with a small yawn, then kisses me softly, and I return it, all of my previous thoughts melting away.
"Morning," I reply with a half smile.
"What were you thinking about?" he asks as he props himself up on his elbows and looks down at me.
I frown and push my messy hair out of my eyes. "Huh?"
He smiles and twirls the ends of my hair around his finger. "You just had your over thinking face on," he informs me. "Why?"
I rub my heavy eyelids and ask, "I have an over thinking face?"
He lies back on his side and one of his arms goes across my bare stomach. "You do." He leans forward and kisses my jaw once. "What's up?"
I roll onto my side to face him and kiss his lips, then say, "Nothing."
"You also have a lying face," he murmurs before kissing me again, and my eyes shut and I deepen the kiss in attempt to avoid the question. "What's wrong?" he asks, ruining my plan.
"Nothing," I repeat as I open my eyes and lock stares with him.
"You're sure?" he presses, raising an eyebrow slightly.
"Positive." I kiss him again, but he pulls away again.
"Do you wanna go out sometime?" he asks.
"What?" I reply, even though I heard him clearly.
"Do you wanna go out sometime," he repeats slowly, and his voice is unnaturally unsure.
"Like on a date?" I ask dumbly.
"Yeah."
"Together?"
A small smile spreads across his lips. "Yes."
I frown and try to think straight. "Why?"
He laughs softly and his momentary lack of confidence seems to have disappeared. "Because."
"You only date to get in girls pants," I remind him. "And uh, I think that's already happened."
A small frown replaces his smile. "But I like you. I don't wanna just sleep with you..."
I get a weird feeling in my stomach, and I can't tell if it's good or bad. "I live halfway across the country," I say as an excuse because my mind is a complete jumbled mess and I can't think of a better reply.
"I'll take you on a date today then."
"I uh, work in a little bit," I say as I try to figure out why I suddenly feel so nauseous.
"I can stay in town until Tuesday," he says, and I realize that he's really into this date idea.
I break eye contact with him and lay on my back. "I don't know."
He stays quiet for a minute, and I can feel his eyes boring into me. "Okay," he says suddenly. "That's fine, I was just asking."
"Jack..." I mumble, hearing the obvious hurt in his voice.
He seems to recover almost immediately though, because he moves his body over mine and kisses me once. "Me, you, shower, now?"
I grin, and kiss him, and he pulls me off of the bed and into the bathroom, our lips never separating.

JACK'S POV:

"I think you should skip work," I say between kisses.
She smiles and kisses me back. "You should come over after I'm out."
"Oh really?" I smirk and trail kisses down her neck. "What would we do?" I ask as I teasingly bite her soft skin.
She pushes me away from her. "Whatever you want," she replies before kissing me again, and it takes all of my self control not to rip her clothes off right here in my car.
"I think I like that idea."
She pulls away from me and smiles. "I really have to go."
I pout a little. "Fine, work's more important than me, I get it."
She laughs and pecks me on the cheek before getting out of the car. "See you tonight," she calls over her shoulder before shutting the door and walking into her apartment building.
I let out a sigh as I start driving again, and I turn the radio up loud, trying to block out my thoughts, but they still manage to slip through.
She doesn't feel the same
I don't know why this surprises me. She's amazing, and perfect and I'm just... Me.
I'm being a little bitch. She's hot and wants to fuck me, no strings attached. I should be ecstatic
But I'm not.

"She said no?" Alex asks, sounding about as confused as I feel.
"Well, not exactly. She said 'I don't know.'"
"Which is girl code for no," he says, and I can practically hear him thinking over her response. Suddenly he laughs. "Congrats, you officially have a hot FWB."
I frown and pick at my food, then look around the nearly empty restaurant. "But I don't want a friend with benefits. I want..." I trail off, because I honestly don't know what it is that I want. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, then switch the phone to my other ear. "I just want her , you know? Like, I want to be able to tell people she's my girlfriend, because-"
"You're in love with her," a different voice says.
"...Bonnie?"
"Hi!" she greets, then continues. "You're in love with her and I think you should tell her."
"I'm not in love with her!" I argue, because I'm not. I don't think I am, anyways. "I would know if I were in love with her." I frown and realize I probably wouldn't since I've never actually been in love. "Wouldn't I?"
"I vote you stick with what you've got right now," Alex's voice comes back on the phone. "Sex with none of the other shit. I'd trade you in a- ouch! Babe, I'm joking!" he says between laughs, and then Bonnie's on the phone again.
"Don't listen to him, he's a dick."
"A dick that you sucked last night."
"Alex, I will punch you if you don't shut the fuck up."
They bicker back and forth and I'm about to hang up when they start talking about settling the argument in bed, but Bonnie returns her attention to me.
"Anyways, I think you should tell her how you feel. She's not the type of person to sleep with a guy she has no feelings for."
"You obviously don't know how good Jack is in bed," Alex comments and I laugh.
"Not gonna ask how you know that..." Bonnie mutters. "But seriously. She likes you. Hell, she may even be in love with you."
"She's not," I say as I pull out my wallet and put money on the table and then walk to the door and out to my car.
"You don't know that."
"Yes I do," I sigh and get in my car. I hear a beep, letting me know I have a text, and Rihanna's name flashes across the screen. "I gotta go."
"Alright, but seriously. Tell her how you feel."
"Maybe."
We hang up and I click on the text.

Rihanna:
I'm home... :)

I can't help but smile as I reply.

Me:
On my way ;)

I start driving in the direction of her apartment.
Maybe Alex is right. I should just stick with what we have right now. It's not like we live close enough to keep a healthy relationship going, anyways
And I don't even like relationships. This is a good thing I have going for me, and it would be stupid to fuck it up just because I have feelings for her
I pull in front of her apartment and walk inside and knock on the door she'd said was her's.
It opens half a minute later and Rihanna smiles up at me, then stands on her tiptoes to kiss me.
I kick the door shut behind me and smile against her lips, and all of my uncertainties from earlier seem to disappear because everything seems right and perfect when she's kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Jack :(
Comments are awesome, and I'd love to hear what you think is going to happen :)