Sensation

Jal

I stepped onto the linoleum tiled floor, my body cold from being right under the air vent. All my mind could process was Oli sniffling in the bathroom like an old man addicted to drugs. And that's exactly what I figured when I heard that, so I left right away. I didn't want to be any part of that. I'd stayed away from it my whole life and I had no problem doing that now.

But something about Oliver made me second guess my actions. Help him, Jal. I thought to myself. Maybe I could help him. Get him and probably his friends off of drugs so he can start back up his musical career. He seemed to love music, and singing. That's what he meant when he said there'd been a break.

And this is probably why his little brother no longer talked to him. His bad choices he's made along the way.

Maybe I was getting in ahead of myself. Maybe he's just sick. Fuck if I knew, I had no idea who this man was besides the stories, interesting ones, he'd told me. It could be all lies.

And this is what I get for having no social life. I make one friend and get so far into everything that I can't even think for myself.

I dry off my body with a aqua colored towel, also drying my hair. I smelt of apple blossom. I slipped on my undergarments along with some sleepwear.

My house was quite, all you could hear was my little kitten Jenny-Penny Dots. I plopped down on to the couch, seconds later my black and white splotched cat jumping onto my lap. An old show that I didn't know the name of was on the TV. Black and white in all.

And I thought to myself, as the TV sputtered, and my cat mewed; if I didn't put myself out there with Oliver, I'd probably never have another friend. So I couldn't prejudge. I had to think things through. And my idea was to march back over to his house and apologize for leaving so abruptly, and to confront him about his sniffling.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscriptions appreciated !