Magic

Chapter One

Daisy walked through the halls of her school that morning, glancing around at the yellow and blue building insides. She scowled at the walls, wanting more than nothing to run home, grab her paint set, and make the walls actually look like something the students would enjoy. She had gotten tired of seeing the same old walls everyday and wanting nothing more than to have her parents homeschool her but, of course, they were too busy for that.

Daisy sighed inwardly as she walked to her locker. Inside was decorated, since the school had allowed them to decorate their lockers however they liked. Daisy smiled at the pictures she had created inside as she grabbed her textbooks.

“Hey Daisy,” Daisy turned around and saw her friends calling her over. Daisy shut her locker door and walked over to the group.

“What’s up?” Daisy leaned against the locker and pulled her wand out of her boot, twirling it in her fingers.

“Did you hear that there are going to be some new guys going here?” Leah asked, running a file over her nails.

“Are they like us or…?” Daisy trailed off, not wanting to finish that sentence.

“As far as I know, they are humans. I didn’t sense any magic users in the group, but then again, I am not the best at sensing things like that.” Carson said and shrugged her shoulders, staring ahead of her.

“Thanks Carson. Well I need to head to class. Unlike you guys I try to keep my grades up.” Daisy laughed quietly. She did keep her grades up, but only because she wanted to have the grades to get into an art school. She could care less about math and reading but anything to do with art immediately grabbed her attention and held on to it. That was the main reason she came to school anyway. Her art classes were simply wonderful and she would always arrive to class early and start sketching her next masterpiece.

“Hey, I at least try. It is not my fault my mind is usually preoccupied.” Leah shouts at Daisy’s retreating form. Daisy just rolled her eyes and walked to her art classroom. She felt the art wall surround her and she took a deep breath, the usual scents of paints filling her nostrils.

Daisy took a seat, pulling out her sketch pad. She flipped it to a blank page and started sketching. She was drawing one of her favorite scenes of a comic book she had read when she feels someone staring over her shoulder. Daisy immediately closes her sketch pad and turned quickly in her seat.

“Sorry to startle you. I was just admiring your lovely artistic skills.” The boy’s British accent fell on Daisy’s ears. ‘He must be one of the new guys Leah was taking about.’ Daisy thought to herself as she glanced at the boy. He was dark haired and dark skinned, like he spent a lot of time in the sun. His black hair had a blonde streak running back and he had a nice smile. But what had really captured Daisy’s attention were the tattoos covering his arms, especially the comic book ‘Pow’ one.

“You like comics?” Daisy heard herself ask, still admiring the wonderful tattoo.

“Yeah. Always have. You could probably draw for a comic with your drawing. Simply brilliant.” He said, running his hand through his hair.

“What’s your name British Boy?” Daisy asked, tossing her red hair over her shoulder.

“Zayn. Zayn Malik.” Zayn stuck out his hand and Daisy shook it. “And yours?” He asked.

“Daisy Matthews. Don’t let the name fool you though. I am not sweet and don’t forget it.” Daisy turned away from Zayn and went back to her sketch pad.

“Wouldn’t think of it.” Daisy heard Zayn mumble and Daisy smirked, happy that she had confused the boy. He would certainly be a challenge but Daisy loved challenges.

“Do you like to draw?” Daisy asked Zayn without looking at him, concentrating on the drawing in front of her.

“Sometimes. I like looking at drawings more than I like to draw myself. I am more of a singer than an artist.” Zayn sat next to Daisy as the other students filled into the classroom.

“Oh, is that supposed to impress me? Pretty British boy can sing? Ohh, let me worship you. Ha.” Daisy scoffed, rolling her eyes.

“Now why would you want to worship me? You don’t even know who I am.” Zayn said, playing along with Daisy’s game.

“Exactly my point.” Daisy pointed out, ignoring him as the bell rang. Daisy trudged through the rest of her classes, wishing she could get out right then .

After school ended, Daisy ran out of the front doors and to her family’s apartment. She climbed the stairs three at a time, wanting to go into the safety of her room. She opened the door to their apartment and, luckily, her mother was not in the kitchen. Daisy escaped to her room, setting down her backpack and grabbed the paint brush and paints from under her bed. She moved to a blank section of her wall and started painting. It wasn’t until she was almost finished with it that she realized what she had painted. Zayn’s eyes stared at her, permanently on her wall. Of course, she could always paint over it, like she had the flowers and butterflies that covered her wall before. But there was a part of her, a very small part, that wanted it to stay there, for her to admire whenever she wanted.

And eventually, she decided that it would stay there, but she would try to ignore it as best as she could. But as she did her homework, it was almost as if the eyes watching her do everything. And now, she was worried, that she would have another problem in trying to avoid Zayn and knew that whatever she did next would be a mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stevie Rae here again.

Here is the first chapter. hope you all enjoy.

Kate is next and you know it is going to be epic.