Magic

Chapter Two

Leah swirled her tongue around the cotton-candy flavored lollipop in her mouth as she ventured down Waverly Place. Her wand was heavy in her pocket, a constant reminder that she could get rid of any problems that happened to pop up around her as she went.

She was just about home when her phone went off in her pocket, a snippet of Magic by Pilot barely audible above the crowd around her. She thought the tune was kind of funny, given her fixed state of a witch, thanks to her parents’ inability to have any children after her, and she loved the weird looks she got for it when people decided to send her texts in the middle of quiet classes.

Hey babe im near ur house right now do u want to meet up

Leah smirked before sending a text in the affirmative. Her boyfriend of three and a half months, Bentley, was incredibly sweet, even if he was a tad dumb. The lack of grammar in his texts made her cringe, and it took him a little too long to do even the simplest of math problems, but at least he had a decent heart.

As Leah passed by a cart selling hot dogs and sausage, she bit down on her lollipop, crushing the candy into a collection of sharp splinters inside of her mouth, before pulling the stick out of her mouth and tossing it into a garbage can. Within five minutes of when she disposed of the sugary treat, she saw Bentley’s blonde hair sticking out among the crowd.

The two of them loved to dye their hair, so about once a month since their relationship started, they got together and colored each other’s hair the old-fashioned way, straight from the box. Bentley’s color at the time was a platinum blonde, almost the same hue as his pale skin, while Leah had chosen a vibrant red-violet color.

“Hi, Leah,” Bentley greeted with a wide smile, leaning down to peck her on the lips. “Good day at school?”

Leah snorted. The best thing about it was that she’d made her teacher’s pants rip in half when the middle aged woman bent over, exposing her hideous flowered granny panties to the entire class. Mrs. Jenson had stood up immediately and turned around, her cheeks flooded with the deepest color of red Leah had ever seen, and the whole exchange was hysterical. “It was actually kind of awful,” she replied, wrapping her arms around his neck, “but at least I get to be with you now.”

He pressed her body against his as he kissed her deeply, but he pulled away all too soon. “We’re in public,” he reminded her. “Was there something you wanted to do?”

“Let’s just hang out in my apartment,” she told him. “My mom and dad are still at work, so it’ll be fine.”

Technically, Leah wasn’t allowed to see Bentley anymore. When he’d met her parents, he mentioned that he’d been to jail for marijuana possession, and it was obvious to them that he was human, so they told her he was completely off limits. Leah hadn’t listened, of course, and keeping their relationship under wraps was fairly easy, considering Leah could clean up any remnants of him being there happened to be around the home with a wave of her wand.

He nodded and kept his hand locked with hers as they climbed the few sets of stairs to her apartment. The second they entered, Leah slammed the door shut behind them and started toward the couch. “Anything specific you’d want to watch?” she questioned, turning just enough so he could see her smirk.

“Something tells me I won’t pay much attention,” he replied cheekily.

Pretending to ignore his comment, Leah settled down on the couch and put on an old episode of Criminal Minds. It was one of her favorites, the one where The Reaper gets beaten to death by Hotch, but she knew that she’d have to miss out on the episode that time around.

She only got to see a couple minutes of the episode, just before it switched to a creepy gum commercial, before Bentley leaned over and attached his lips to hers.

They lied down together, with him hovering over her, his hands exploring up and down her torso gently. And just as his fingers started to creep up her shirt, his touch warm and teasing against her more sensitive skin, her phone went off.

“Ignore it,” Bentley begged as he pulled his lips away from hers, letting the kisses trail down her neck, lingering on her pulse in a way that always drove her crazy.

And she almost did. But the phone started to sing again, and Leah knew it had to be important. So she eased out from under Bentley, ignoring his continued groans, and answered Kieran’s call.

“Yo,” Leah joked, chuckling. She was just surprised Kieran was calling her at all, really. Kieran was typically a girl who kept mostly to herself, so even though they were technically friends, Kieran rarely acted like it.

“Hey,” she responded. “I just wanted to let you know that after math, there was this kid that asked me a couple questions about you.”

Leah’s eyes flicked over to Bentley to gauge his reaction, but it looked like he had been too busy sulking to overhear the conversation. “Oh, really?” Leah wanted to ask for more information, but she didn’t want to make Bentley jealous. “That’s…interesting.”

“Yeah. Don’t be surprised if he starts hitting on you tomorrow. He kept giving you these eyes that made me think he wanted to eat you or something.”

Leah laughed delicately, checking again to make sure Bentley didn’t hear anything. “Oh, God. I guess I’ll have to deal with it then.”

“Yeah. So I’m going to go now. Bye.”

Before Leah could say goodbye in return, the line went dead. “Kieran,” Leah said, throwing the phone onto the table before leaning over and pressing her lips against Bentley’s neck, just under his ear. “I’m sorry.”

He closed his eyes in content, letting out a slow sigh. “I think I can forgive you,” he replied, getting a mischievous twinkle in his eye as he turned back to her, “if you want to try to make it up to me.”

She grinned for a second before climbing on top of him, her legs straddling his lap, and connecting their mouths together. “I’ll give it my best shot,” she whispered in his ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kate here! :D Leah's fun, isn't she? ;) Heh heh.

Leave your thoughts, por favor. :)