Magic

Chapter Four

Isla Jackson hated socialising. She hated doing it, she hated thinking about it and when she had to socialise – she was terrible at it. This was the reason Isla had no friends. No human friends, no wizard friends, no vampire, werewolf or any other type of friend and quite frankly she liked the lack of company.

This came in handy since she liked to spend most of her time at Waverly Place Library reading up on anything and everything. Right now she was in the deep faze of reading classic Mystery novels.

Isla was currently at her locker reading the latest book she found, Silence Of The Lambs, waiting for her Biology class to start.

Her deep hazel eyes were glued to the page but her concentration blurred when she saw two girls stand a few lockers down. She tried not to stare at them but she couldn’t help it.

Isla never really liked the two girls. It wasn’t like she hadn’t met them before... it was just that they used to be friends. She used to be best friends with Leah Wilson and Carson Winterwood but when her parents told her about the family competition and that she was a wizard; she couldn’t have others finding out about her weirdness. She faded from her friends because she didn’t want them to spread the word of her powers and such.

The two girls laughed loudly and Isla flinched, holding her book high in front of her face hoping they didn’t see her.

The shrill bell rang throughout the school and Isla jumped, shoving her bag into her locker before scrambling upstairs to her Biology class. It was her favourite class of all because here she sat right at the back, all alone with nothing but her books for company.

The door opened and everyone waltzed in, Isla rushing to the back to avoid any awkward conversations. Their teacher, Mrs Hudson, walked in with an unfamiliar blonde boy. His posture was hunched due to nerves Isla guessed since she had never seen him around before.

“Class,” most of the students looked up in disinterest, “We have a new student joining us today. Please introduce yourself.”

The boy looked around and gave everyone a crooked smile. With an awkward wave he announced, “Hi I’m Niall and I’ve just moved here from London, England.”

Everyone perked up at the strange accent this boy had. It wasn’t an expected cockney accent – he was Irish.

“Ok Niall, please take a seat at the back next to Miss Jackson.” Mrs Hudson said and the blonde Irishman rushed to the back to avoid all of the eye contact he was receiving. Isla gave a shaky sigh before moving her books out of Niall’s way. He sat down and gave Isla a side glance.

They sat there in an uncomfortable silence for most of the lesson. Isla kept her head down and her eyes on her books in hope of shunning Niall out. She didn’t really want to speak to him but even the socially awkward teen she was... she couldn’t help but admitting he was good-looking.

“Hey,” Niall muttered, “I’m Niall Horan.” Class was nearly over and now he introduced himself to her?

“Hi... I’m Isla.” She squeaked back and he grinned while his bright blue eyes gleamed.

“Isla; that’s an adorable name.” He replied. His finger brushed Isla’s arm and she squealed but at that moment the bell rang. Isla flushed bright red, grabbed all of her books and fled from the classroom.

“Hey! Wait!” Niall called after her as he picked up a single book Isla dropped – Silence Of The Lambs. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, cursing at himself for not speaking to her more during the lesson.

Isla tried not to hyperventilate as she stood with her head in her locker. She tried to rid of the strange feeling that had overcome her body the second Niall touched her arm. It was no ordinary feeling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed it!

yours truly,
tom marvolo riddle