When Harry Met Luna

Adorn.

Image




Every first kiss I’ve had came with a warning. When I was 9 and kissed a boy named Steve during recess, he told me ‘he wanted my cooties’ before swooping in and giving me the most innocent nine year old kiss there can be. When I got my first real kiss at the age of 15, the boy was two years older than me and a complete rebel but I still got a heads up before he planted his lips on mine.

But no. Not this kiss. This kiss came without a warning. This kiss came unannounced.

The second Harry said ‘Take it off’, he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into him. The chocolate-covered spoon that was once in my hand, fell to the floor with an unpleasant clang when I felt Harry’s lips on mine. I couldn’t prevent moaning into his mouth after feeling his tongue slide over my bottom lip. The eagerness in the kiss could not go unnoticed, my hands now holding onto the back of his neck and his curls tickling the tips of my fingers. I couldn’t even think straight at this point. My thoughts were jumbled, my own name was forgotten, I couldn’t even recall what month it was. I couldn’t comprehend that Harry was kissing me and I was kissing him back. At no point did I try to stop myself from kissing him this time around. All the anxious and timid feelings I had before this very moment, had disappeared. I wanted Harry Styles and there was nothing that could stop me.

At some point between Harry lifting me up onto the counter and me pulling his white t-shirt off, the oven binged loudly indicating the brownies were done.

Regretfully, I pulled away. Harry, on the other hand, wasn’t allowing it. He delicately grasped my chin with his fingers and drew me into another kiss. I started giggling. “Harry, the brownies!”

“Nope.” He kissed me again.

“They’re-” Another kiss landed on my lips. “-gonna burn.”

To be honest, I didn’t even crave the brownies any more. The only thing I was hungry for was Harry’s body against mine.

When the oven binged the second time, I sighed and eventually pulled myself down from the counter top. Harry, who didn’t dare move out of the way, looked down at me and grinned. He lifted his thumb and wiped away a smudge of chocolate on the corner of my mouth and sucked it right off his thumb.

Jesus Christ Almighty. I’ve never wanted someone so badly in my life.

I unwilling pulled myself out of Harry’s clutch and picked up the stupid oven mit and opened the stupid oven door to take the stupid brownies out. My mind was racing frantically, trying to make sense of what happened.

“Now they have to cool.” Was the first stupid thing that came out of my mouth. I couldn’t help it though, my wits have been thoroughly and royally scattered by Harry’s lips.

“I guess we’ll eat them in the morning then.” Harry grinned, reaching for my hand and tugging me towards him. “Come on, let’s go to sleep.”

I didn’t even realize it was almost 5:30 in the morning and the morning chirps of birds were singing outside of the kitchen window. I almost forgot we were due to leave sometime before noon tomorrow - or, later on today I should say - because Harry had an interview with the rest of One Direction and I had to get home before my dad and Beth’s flight got into Heathrow airport.

“Hey, don’t forget your shirt.” I picked up the t-shirt that was laying right next to the chocolate covered spoon on the floor. I threw it at his face with a smirk. “You filthy animal.”

“Oh, you’re calling me a filthy animal?” Harry chuckled, giving me an extra tug so I would fall into him. My hand fell right on top of the butterfly tattoo on his chest. “If I can recall correctly, you were the one who started biting my lip when I kissed you.”

I couldn’t stop the goofy grin from appearing on my face. “Well, you tasted like chocolate and I was hungry.”

“Oh, Luna Agnes Monet.” Harry tusked, following me up the stairs and into his bedroom. “What am I going to do with you?”

+++


When I woke up the next morning, I had Harry’s arm draped across my body, his fingers lightly placed on top of my own. I could feel his hot breath against my neck as his slumber kept his breathing in an even pattern.

It didn’t take me very long to remember what happened last night. I bit my lip with excitement, feeling the urge to spring out of bed and do my classic victory dance around the room. It finally happened. No longer were we ‘just friends’. We officially crossed that line and possibly crossed another one. I haven’t felt this excited about someone or something in so long.

I attempted to stay as still as possible despite my nerves, because I wanted to enjoy this moment for as long as I could. To be in a guy’s arms again was something I wanted for so long. It was even better that the arms I was in belonged to Harry.

Only two minutes into my blissful moment, Harry began to stir next to me. His arm lifted up and stretched above our heads as his sleepy eyes blinked enough to adjust to the sunlight that was seeping through his blinds.

Before I could even turn around and whisper good morning, I felt Harry plant a kiss on the tip of my shoulder. I bit down harder on my lip and cringed with excitement, trying as hard as I could to contain my overjoyed excitement.

“Good morning.” Harry’s voice was raspy with sleep, throwing my hormones through brand new hoops and turns. He placed a hand on the other side of the mattress and lifted himself up, carefully hovering above my body. His hair was messy and lazily pushed to the side. I couldn’t help but reach up and push it back. He grinned at the gesture and leaned down, teasing me with a kiss on my neck, a kiss on my chin and then, a lingering kiss on the corner of my mouth.

“You’re such a tease.” I giggled, tracing his jawline with my finger. You don’t understand how long I’ve been wanting to do that.

“Oh, you mean you wanted me to kiss you-” He leaned so close, his lips barely touching mine. It was aggravating and maddening. “-right here?”

I pushed him away and laughed. “You suck! Actually no, I didn’t want your stupid kiss anyway. Your breath reeks of stinky fart.”

It was such a lie. He still smelled of chocolate and Old Spice deodorant. It was driving me crazy.

After my sarcastic remark, Harry saw fit to make me suffer more, this time through tickling me. I tried to scrambled away from him but he had too strong a grip on me. I eventually had to surrender through my cries of laughter.

It was nearing 1 in the afternoon by the time we rolled out of his bed. We had to leave within the next hour if we wanted to beat the Monday afternoon traffic into the city. While Harry took Gizmo and Doodle for a brisk walk and fed them as I changed out of my pajamas and into my silky ivory dress that had side cutouts and pleating detail in the waist. It was the perfect summery dress for a perfect summery day. This time, I let my wavy hair down and pulled my overgrown bangs back with a thin white hairband. Oh yeah, I came prepared for this trip.

I was walking down the last couple of steps to the downstairs hallway when Harry walked through the front door with the two dogs. Once he pulled the sunglasses off his eyes, he stared at me.

“Fuck, Luna.” He shook his head with disbelief. “You look so incredibly gorgeous.”

My cheeks wasted no time turning bright red. I turned away from Harry shyly. “Stop, you’re only saying it to be nice.”

“No, absolutely not.” He replied seriously. “I’ve always thought you were beautiful, I just get to say it out loud now.”

My knees threatened to give out for the twentieth time this trip, so I held onto the banister to prevent myself from falling off the last step. I had no idea any kind of guy could have this sort of reaction out of me. He was literally making me weak in the knees and I didn’t know how to control it.

After cleaning up the remaining dishes from the brownies last night and Harry changing into a black v-neck shirt and jeans - dies - we were finally back on the road to London. I felt sorta bad because we had to leave right before his mom and her boyfriend would be back at the house.

“I’m sorta bummed I didn’t get to meet her.” I admitted as we stopped at one of the red lights leading to the highway. “Your mom sounds lovely.”

Harry reached over for my hand and laced our fingers together. I had to bite down on my lip so hard to prevent the excited giggles from pouring out of my mouth. He smiled at me before responding. “I know. Maybe next time. She was dying to meet you too.”

“She knows who I am?” I asked, legitimately shocked by this new bit of information.

“Well, yeah.” Harry responded like it was obvious. “I told her about you.”

Talk about a hard kick right in the feels.

Once we turned onto the highway, our conversation was cut short as the music began playing once again. I couldn’t prevent the butterflies from fluttering inside my stomach every time Harry’s thumb carefully stroked the top of my hand. I couldn’t believe how quickly things escalated between us in the past twenty four hours and it all started because we wanted brownies.

Of course it was a stupid basic dessert that added fuel to the fire between us.

While Harry hummed along to the song on the radio, I couldn’t help my thoughts drift on about what would happen next. Were Harry and I unofficially official? We haven’t talked about anything yet. I was so wrapped up in the lust last night (and ok, maybe the past couple of weeks too), that it didn’t occur to me what would happen after we kissed. Harry was a singer in an internationally well-known band, that would probably be on tour constantly for the next decade. And what was I? I was only in London until September, then I had to pack my bags up and fly back to Los Angeles to finish college.

The butterflies gave their wings a rest as the new sense of anxiety started hovering around in my stomach. I didn’t want to think about it now, or ever, but I knew that sort of talk between us was in our near future.

But just like that, all sorts of anxiety that rose up inside me vanished as quickly as it appeared when Harry pulled our clasped hands up to his lips and placed a delicate kiss on the back of my hand.

I was so inconceivably and spectacularly bewitched by this guy.

When we pulled up in front of my apartment building in the city four hours later, I could feel myself getting sad over the fact that I had to say goodbye to Harry and our mini-road trip was over.

I woefully unfolded my hand away from Harry’s and released the seatbelt from over my chest. “Well Styles, it’s been real.”

He laughed and shook his head, before locking the doors to his car. “I’m not letting you out of here until you give me a goodbye kiss.”

My heart skipped a beat. I pretended to think about my answer. “Yeah, I guess that could be arranged.”

I leaned over the console to capture Harry’s lips with mine. His fingers travelled up my shoulders and wrapped around the curve of my neck. Goosebumps ensued accordingly.

When I pulled away from him, I leaned back against the headrest and smiled at him. I seriously couldn’t get over how good looking he was.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay with me for the rest of the day?” Harry groaned, reaching over to my cheek and grazing it with his fingers. It was such an innocent gesture, making me smile even wider. “I promise I’ll get us both back in time for work at Columbia Records tomorrow morning.”

“As tempting as that sounds, and trust me, it’s really tempting,” I added with smirk, “I have to get back inside before my dad and Beth come home from France. I still have dishes and cleaning to do.”

Harry groaned again. “Fine. I’ll see you tomorrow at our usual time, then?”

“Of course.”

He reached over for one last kiss before I finally got out of the car.

I waited until I was safely back inside my penthouse with the door locked before jumping up and down and squealing uncontrollably. All the pent up excitement I’ve been holding back since this morning was finally released. I threw my bag to the sise and jumped down the steps to the kitchen and twirled around the island singing the words “I kissed Harry! I kissed Harry!” over and over until I was out of breath. I was convinced it was all a dream. There was no way that all happened in the past twelve hours!

Just as Beth and my father walked in the front door an hour later, I was finishing up cleaning the kitchen with clorox spray and a sponge.

“Hiya!” I cheerfully greeted Beth and my dad. “How was the trip?”

“Amazing!” Beth exclaimed, immediately walking over to the kettle and turning it on. I could see her skin tone was one shade darker from the sun. I heard they had a major heatwave over in France in the past couple of days as well. “We went everywhere! We stayed on a beach in Bordeaux, walked the streets of Paris, enjoyed wine in Saint Malo. J’adore le France!!”

I laughed at the way she attempted to sound French just as my dad walked in. He immediately eyed me with suspicion.

“What?” I finally had to ask, my laughter finally dying down.

“You seem...happier than usual.” My dad narrowed his eyes at me, clearly weary of my good mood. “Did we miss anything while we were gone?”

Nope, just that I spent the majority of my weekend with Harry and we made out on the counter top of his kitchen back in Holmes Chapel.

“Nah, you didn’t miss anything.” I turned around and threw the sponge into the sink in order to conceal the huge grin on my face. “Nothing at all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOO-HOO! How about that jazzy hey?
This story is finally at it's turning point and I could nOT be more excited about it.

Sorry I left y'all hanging on that last chapter. It had to be done >:)

Let me know what you think of this chapter!! x