When Harry Met Luna

Gimme Sunshine.



I was pissed.

No, actually, you know what? I was more than pissed. I was certifiably deranged with fury.

I was so incredibly outraged that I was almost positive that I could flip tables over with my new, infuriated strength.

Who the fuck does Janet Ian think she is? She wanted me to clean the bathrooms. Excuse me. Clean the bathrooms? Are you fucking kidding me? She actually wanted me to physically get down on my knees and scrub the floors with soap and clorox. Oh, but not Mallory. No no, while I was to undertake the janitor’s job, Mallory was going to sit in on the 11:30am meeting and take notes.

This bitch had a personal Vendetta against me and I was not having it.

You know what? Fine. Janet wanted to play dirty? Well, so can I. I was going to pull out the daddy’s princess card because there was no way in hell I was going to clean toilets.

The minute those elevator doors opened on the fortieth floor, I made my presence quit known by my aggressively loud march down the hallway to my father’s office. The minute Penny saw me coming, she jumped up from her desk with wide eyes.

“Hi, Penny. Is my dad in?” I was being loud and acting insane. I didn’t even give her a chance to respond because I was already heading towards the closed double doors of his office.

“Wait, Luna, he’s-”

“DAD!” I stormed into his office, the double doors swinging open as I did so. They smacked against the walls, making a loud bang. “We have a problem! Janet Ian can suck my big fat d-”

I immediately shut up and turned tomato red when I registered five guys sitting on the couches in my dad’s office, all ten eyes starring at me with shock.

Except one pair of eyes. They were twinkling with amusement.

This was my nightmare.

“Luna Agnes Monet.” My dad was appalled, probably because I was the only person in the world that could act like this towards him. If any of his other employees tried storming his office, they’d be thrown out the window. “I’m in the middle of a meeting!”

“I’m so sorry, Sir!” Penny was next to me, waving both of her hands in front of her. I think she did this to get my dad’s attention because of her size. She was so small that you could almost miss her being in the room. “I tried to tell her you were in a meeting but she wouldn’t listen!”

I was still heated over Janet Ian being a tool and it definitely wasn’t helping that Harry had his mouth open with excitement, taunting me by mouthing the words “Luna Agnes?”.

“That’s okay, she gets it from me.” My dad sighed, rubbing his temples. “You can go now Penny, thank you.”

I was about to follow Penny out the doors because let’s be honest, I was mortified and I didn’t want to be in this room any longer, but my father spoke up. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Well now I can see you’re awfully busy so I’ll just uh, wait outside.” I could feel my cheeks burning bright pink and I knew it wasn’t entirely because I was still upset over my boss trying to make me clean bathrooms.

“No, by all means, you’ve caused all this fuss already.” It was hard to tell if my dad was genuinely pissed or subtly amused by my now embarrassed self. “What seems to be the problem?”

“Something about a Janet Ian sucking on a big fat...?” Harry decided it was the perfect opportunity to intervene. “What was it you were going to say?”

The other guys around him, who I assumed to be the rest of One Direction, laughed. I narrowed my eyes at Harry in return.

“Lads, this is my impolite and, for some reason, incredibly crude daughter, Luna.” He introduced me. “She’s interning here for the Summer.”

I received a collective ‘hiya’ from One Direction, in which I replied with a small wave.

“Will we be seeing yeh around here more then?” The one with short, platinum blonde hair asked me. He sounded Irish.

My father answered him before I could even form a response in my brain. “Part of her duties are to write reviews about our client’s big shows on the blogs, right Luna?”

“And apparently cleaning up pee-splattered toilets are part of my duties, as well.” I mumbled, crossing my arms in annoyance.

“Oh, now I can see why you’re upset.” My father laughed. “I’ll talk to Janet later then. Deal?”

My dad jokingly put his hand out to confirm our deal. Instead of shaking it, I slapped it away and pointed at him with a smirk. “Deal, Daddio.”

“Are we done here? Or do you have any other serious inquiries to waste more of One Direction’s time?” My dad took hold of my shoulders and twisted me around to face the door.

“I quite liked what just went down.” Harry laughed. “Very amusing, indeed.”

I gave him one last glare over my shoulder before I was finally pushed out of the office altogether.

+++


After my humiliating outburst in front of One Direction, I only had twenty minutes left to kill before my lunch break so I tactfully avoided Janet by helping an employee organize a stack of brand new demo cds we would later have to listen to. You better believe that the second that clock struck noon, I was flying out of there with my satchel like I was on a mission. Which I was, technically. I had every intention of going back to Primrose Hill and enjoying yet another sunny day with my sketchbook.

I walked out of the main entrance of the building and stopped momentarily on the sidewalk to slip my sunglasses on.

“There you are!”

I turned around to see Harry Styles leaning against the wall with his arms folded across his torso and a pleasant smile on his face. I stared at him with disbelief, my mouth hanging wide open. He pushed himself off the wall and walked towards me wearing a very amused expression on his face.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I turned the other direction and started walking. I knew my rerouting to the park wouldn’t get Harry off my trail that easily. He already caught up to me, matching my walking pace. “What do ya want, Styles?”

“I figured I would just check to make sure you were alright, is all.” That earned a confused look from me. “You know, after having to clean up toilets.”

I stopped in my tracks. “Did you seriously wait outside for me just to harass me about my intern duties? Because I’ll kill you. These skinny arms might not look threatening but I’ll tell you something, I can easily ring your-”

“Luna!” Harry laughed, reaching out to put my clenched fist down by my side. I pretended like I wasn’t completely affected by Harry’s touch and also lack of personal space. “I also wanted to see if you wanted to get coffee with me.”

The last time I got coffee with a guy was with Derek. Thinking about it now made me want to vomit in the nearest trashcan. I had no idea what Harry was getting up to, but whatever it was, I certainly had no desire to be apart of it. I also had no yearning of hanging out with anyone who is of the male species after what I’ve been recently put through. Hell, I was still in my grieving period from my past relationship. The last thing I wanted to do was get to know someone like Harry, who is apparently well known for being a womanizer, a ladies man, a flirt.

And I was most certainly not about to get mixed up in that.

“I actually already had five coffees this morning.” I lied. I kept my eyes focused on the bench beneath the English Elm tree because I knew if I looked at Harry’s feign innocent eyes, I would give in. Truth was, I haven’t had any coffee yet today and I was dying for a cappuccino. “But thanks anyway. I’m just going to sit here and enjoy what little time I have left outside.”

I sat down on the bench, closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. I hoped that Harry would get the hint that I wanted to be left alone for the remaining forty five minutes of my break, but to no surprise at all, he didn’t.

“Sounds like a great idea!” He plopped down into the empty spot next to me. “I think I’ll join you.”

“What! No. Why?” I was alarmed now, watching him stretch his legs out. “What are you doing?”

“Relaxing.”

“Don’t you have better things to do?” I asked him. “Like, I don’t know, singing? Signing a girl’s tits? Buying a private jet plane?”

“I did all of those things before nine am this morning.” He winked. “Except for the buying a private jet. That doesn’t happen until next week.”

“Ugh.” I gave up. He was starting to feel like a leech that wouldn’t go away and there was nothing I could do about it. Unless, run away. But I already did that the last two times and look what good that did me. “Fine. Stay. But no talking.”

“Why not?” He questioned, pushing one of his getaway curls out of his vision and to the side.

Because, if you’re going to sit on my bench, I’m gonna be laying down some strict ground rules.” I was being so serious, yet for some reason, he was grinning from ear to ear. “I had every intention of just drawing in my sketchbook for the next half an hour and I intend to still do that. In silence.”

“Works for me.” He finally responded, sitting up and reaching into his back pocket. He pulled out a small leather bound notebook and a pen. I sat back, bewildered that he just began scribbling words into it.

“What are you doing?” I asked, having great difficulty trying to interpret what was happening right now.

“Writing.” He said it like it was the most obvious thing.

“Yeah, I get that, but what are you writing?” I started leaning over, trying to get a glimpse of what was in his notebook.

He closed it discreetly and smirked. “I thought you said no talking?”

I leaned back, keeping a narrowed gaze on him. “Fine.”

Surprisingly, he played by the rules and didn’t say anything for the next thirty minutes. He soundlessly sat next to me, writing down God knows what in that little black book. While I doodled stupid flowers in my own sketchbook, I couldn’t help but peek over at him from the corner of my eye. I noticed every couple of minutes, he would look up with his brows creased, clearly deep in thought about whatever it was he was working on.

It was sorta fascinating to watch.

When my watch read 12:55 pm, I closed my sketchbook shut and slipped it into my bag. This caught Harry’s attention, which he then also closed his notebook.

I felt awkward and uncomfortable. I wasn’t entirely sure what to say next. “Um. I have to go back to work.”

He stood up the same time as me. “Right. I should probably go too. I’ve got more tits to sign and singing to do.”

With every fiber of my being, I tried as hard as I could to fight back the smile that was tugging at my lips. I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of successfully making me laugh. But I had to admit, his joke was kinda funny. “Don’t forget the private jet.”

“Right. The private jet.” He beamed. He slipped the notebook back into his pocket and started walking backwards on the footpath. “See you tomorrow then, yeah?”

“What?” My face fell. He was going to try and do this again? “Wait, Harry!”

He had already walked a far bit away before giving me an opportunity to argue with him. He turned around and waved. “Bye Luna!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to those who commented after the last one! It seriously means so much to me.
I had fun writing this one.
Feel free to drop a comment, whether it be about this story or about how good donuts taste.
Because let's be honest,
donuts are fackin' amazing.