When Harry Met Luna

Come And Get It.



Fabric was ranked as the city’s number one nightclub and was almost always full of celebrities, according to Mallory.

After my phone call regarding the desperation of getting intoxicated as soon as possible, Mallory showed up at the front of my apartment building with a taxi twenty minutes later. I contemplated on telling my dad that I was going out but after the little stunt he pulled with the whole ‘me and Harry ain’t happening’ bullshit, I decided against it. Luckily for me, when Mallory arrived, both my father and Beth had went to bed, making it infinitely easier for me to sneak out.

Now, with just a couple of minutes past midnight, I was walking towards a nightclub in a little black dress with a plunging sweetheart neckline and a determination to get piss drunk.

“I am actually so glad you called me up to go out tonight.” Mallory gushed as she applied one more layer of lip balm to her lips. “You saved me from a whole night of Eastender re-runs on the telly.”

The minute I hopped into the taxi with Mal earlier, I told her how I needed to blow off some serious steam after finding the pictures of my ex-boyfriend enjoying his new relationship. By good fortune, Mallory totally understood where I was coming from and managed to make last minute arrangements with some of her friends at this club.

“It’s time for a real good girly night.” Mallory stated while fixing her bangs. “Unless, you know, you snag a sexy foreigner in the club. It’s all fair game the minute you walk in those doors.”

I was about to remind Mallory that she was already in a perfectly stable relationship with William until I noticed the incredibly long queue outside of the club. It looked about 200 people deep and wrapped around the block.

“Aw, shit.” I groaned, now realizing how long it was going to take before I was going to get alcohol in my system. “I forgot about the line.”

Mallory raised an eyebrow at me, flicking her wrist and making a ‘psh’ sound. She was sporting a party dress that stopped right above her knees and featured sequin floral detailing on the hem. Her black and blue hair was now in a loose swirl of a bun on the top of her head. Before I knew it, she was walking ahead of me in her bright blue heels and waving at the two security men at the front of the door. “Oy Kev! Lee!”

By the time I caught up to her at the front doors, she already gave both of the security men one-armed hugs and was saying something to them with her thumb pointed back at me. I couldn’t hear anything she was saying because of the loud music that was completely deafening from inside.

“Oh, you’re all just the best!” She exclaimed loudly, kissing one of them on the cheek. She turned around and motioned to me to follow her inside.

I grinned and followed without hesitation.

“I went to Uni with those two losers!” She explained in a full on shout after we entered Fabric. “I promised the fatter one he could have a grope of my tits later if he let us in.”

I looked at Mallory in disbelief. “You’re terrible!”

She looked pretty pleased with herself. “I know. Come on! My friends told me they were sitting by the pink bar!”

She grabbed onto my hand and weaved us through the crowded floor. As we climbed deeper into the club, the air got noticeably heavier and warmer, with a questionable musk of BO surrounding us. The lighting for the most part, was nonexistent, save for the strobe lights, the moving floodlights over the dance floor and the light show that was happening behind the dj that was front and center of the club.

I was fucking ecstatic.

We finally reached a table full of girls who showed vast excitement the minute they spotted us approaching. Mallory hugged all of them and attempted to introduce me to everyone but the music was too loud and I missed a couple of names that were mentioned.

“Shots!?” A girl in a bright red skin tight dress and curly blonde hair shouted to everyone, making the table erupt with cheers in response. I had zero hesitation at this point.

When the first shot went down my throat, I winced at the sting.

By the second shot, it got a little easier.

By the third, I could barely feel it.

That was thing I loved about alcohol the most. Temporary numbness when hopelessly needed. In my opinion, there wasn’t enough of it for my kinda situation.

I was feeling a lot looser and happier now that I had some alcohol in me. Mallory was already feeling tipsy and was attempting to raise the roof to the song that was playing by lazily throwing her hands up and down in the air. I shook my head at her and laughed. I wasn’t much of a dancer. I usually preferred sitting on the side and making fun of people who thought they could dance instead.

So you can imagine my surprise when I somehow managed to find myself on the dance floor with Mallory and the girl in the skintight red dress. I think (and hoped) I was dancing along to the beat but it was actually really difficult to tell when the floor was already overcrowded. At this point, I didn’t really care what I was doing because the alcohol was working and I was getting lost in shitty dubstep remixes of radio hits in this incredibly sweaty club.

After a couple of songs, I felt myself craving more alcohol so I ducked out of the crowd and made my way towards one of the bars that lined against the wall of the club.

“Hey, gorgeous!” I caught the bartenders attention by pulling a tenner out of my strapless bra. “Get me a jack and coke, will ye?”

Yeah. I was definitely getting there.

While I waited on my drink, I hopped onto one of the empty stools and tapped my fingers against the surface of the bar to the beat of the song.

“Oh. My. God.” I heard a voice behind me say with disbelief. At first I was going to ignore it because I assumed it wasn’t addressed towards me since I barely knew anyone in London but then I realized the voice was recognizable. “I am not running into you right now. There is just no way.”

I swiveled around in my stool to find Harry Styles leaning against the bar with a shocked expression on his face.

I lit up like a goddamn Christmas tree.

“OH MY GOD, HI!” I might have yelled it a little louder than I would have liked. I excitedly wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed him tightly. So tightly in fact, that I almost fell out of my seat. “What are YOU doing here?!”

Harry laughed at my reaction. “Number one club in London, love. ‘Course I’m here.”

“Jack & Coke!” The bartender announced, slamming the drink down in front of me.

“Thanks, you beautiful unicorn!” I replied happily, throwing the straw out of the drink and downing it as quickly as I could.

When I finished the last gulp, I took a satisfied breath of air and pushed the empty glass away from me. As I wiped the corner of my mouth, I caught Harry looking at me with a look of amazement.

“You’re so pissed right now, aren’t you?” He couldn’t stop grinning.

“Ummmmm, no?” Yeah, I really was. “This is how I act all the time.”

“You just called that bartender a beautiful unicorn.”

“What? No I didn’t!?” I laughed at Harry’s ridiculous statement. “Get outta here with your jokes, sir!”

“Luna.” He stared me down with a serious look but all I could do was smile and shrug.

“I think I need some Patrone next.” I declared, sitting up straight and waving another bartender over to me. “Heard it’s rull good for the soul.”

Before Harry could protest or I could even order another drink, a song I actually knew started to blast through the club and everyone started cheering.

“Wait! I love this song!” I shouted, jumping off the stool. I excitedly pinched Harry’s cheek without even realizing I had done so. “Talk to you later, Styles! It’s time to SALSA!”

“Wait, Luna-”

I didn’t give him time to finish whatever he was about to say because I was already a eight people deep into the main dance floor. I gave up hope on trying to find Mallory and her other friend in the crowd so I ended up just dancing with anyone and everyone around me.

I was finally feeling that great buzz I was craving all evening. I had effectively forgotten all of the stress and worries in my world and was dancing off every bad vibe I had been carrying for the past month.

I was so wrapped up in the music, that I didn’t even realize a man with short black hair and tanned skin had come up behind me and was grinding on my body. At first, I thought about protesting but then I was quick to go along with it when he drew me in closer.

“You’re fuckin sexy as ‘ell” Is what I think he said when he pulled his chest close up to my back. I grinned in response and pushed up against him to the beat of the music. I don’t know why I did it, but I turned around and smacked my lips against the guy’s mouth. He responded almost immediately, sloppily sticking his tongue into my mouth.

Well. That escalated quickly.

I honestly have no idea how or why I initiated the kiss; a typical Luna move would have stopped immediately because the whole idea of hooking up with a random stranger left me feeling uncomfortable.

But tonight was different and I kept going. I guess I was longing for some kind of intimacy. It was something I seriously missed since breaking up with Derek.

And I was also really drunk. So there was that too.

We somehow maneuvered our bodies out of the dance floor and towards the back of the club. The guy with black hair pulled me down onto an empty couch and continued to kiss me, this time a little more forcefully. At first, I didn’t realize it until I noticed two other guys coming closer to us. That’s when something started to feel off.

“Wait, stop.” I pushed the guy off me and wiped my mouth. “I need to find my friends.”

“Come back to the apartment with us.” He purred in response. I looked over his shoulder to see the two guys grinning back at me.

Aw, shit. This wasn’t good.

“No. I’m going to..” It’s weird because my thought process was relatively straightforward but for some reason, my speech was coming out slurred. “I need to find my friends.”

I pushed away from him and managed to pull myself up and away from the couch. I felt light-headed, nauseous and apparently lost. When was the last time I even saw Mallory?

Before I could even wander any further, the stupid guy with dumb black hair was back, pulling on my arm.

“Seriously dude, back off!” I threatened, fighting against my drunkenness to find some kind of composure to get this guy away from me. “I’m not fucking you now, or ever. So piss off, yeah?”

“You have some fight in you and luckily for you,” He pushed me up against a banister with ease. “I like that.”

“Stop!” I moaned, attempting to push him off me but he was a lot stronger than I remembered. “Get off me!”

I desperately pulled my face away from his, which was uncomfortably close. I tried wiggling out of his death grip but it was useless: he was way too strong.

But something strange happened. Like, really strange.

I don’t know how or why it happened, but suddenly the guy no longer had his strong grip on me. The minute I felt the weight lifted off, I furrowed my brows together and focused on the spot in front of me to see Harry shoving the guy away. When my eyes focused properly, I noticed two other members of his band were with him. For some reason, I couldn’t remember their names.

“When a lady says no, she fucking means it you piece of shit.” I heard Harry yell angrily at the guy with black hair. He shoved him again, causing quite a few people around us to stare. “Fucking stay away from her.”

I starred at the scene unfolding in front of me with complete shock. This was the last thing I was expecting.

Harry turned around to look at me and I couldn’t exactly read his expression. It looked like a mixture of anger and disappointment which didn’t make me feel too good. And a little more nauseous.

“We’re leaving.” Harry told me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me away from the now very-irritated black haired guy. I made sure to give him the middle finger accompanied with a smirk while I followed Harry and his bandmates through the crowd.

For the majority of the night, I had no fucking clue where I was so at this point, I wasn’t surprised when Harry led me to an entirely different part of the club. I could have sworn Harry said we were leaving but for some reason we headed in the opposite direction of the exit. I didn’t even realize his bandmates were no longer with us and we were now being escorted by three security guys dressed in black. We were escorted through a curtain that led us to another room.

“Are we headed to Narnia?” I asked seriously but everyone ignored me.

Somewhere between that question and another door, we were suddenly inside a parking garage and diverted towards a huge black, Range Rover with tinted windows.

Harry hadn’t said a word to me throughout this excruciating journey from the club to the car (I had to pee really bad) which was very unlike him because the majority of our friendship was him talking my goddamn ear off.

“You’re good, man.” I heard one of the security guys say to Harry. “Paps thinks you’re coming out the front.”

“Thank you, Mate.” Harry replied, opening the passenger seat door and helping me in. Once all of my limbs were collectively inside, Harry closed the door shut without another word.

I was still trying to put the pieces together from the past twenty minutes when Harry got into the drivers seat. It wasn’t until we were finally out on one of the main streets that I finally said something.

“Did that just happen?” I asked.

“Unfortunately, yes.” Harry answered under his breathe.

“That. Was. AWESOME!” I screamed the last part, throwing up my arms for emphasis. I moved a little too quickly because the belt over my chest restricted - hey, when did that get even get there? - forcing me to fall back in my seat. “Holy crap!!”

“Luna, what are you going on about?” Harry looked at me in shock. “You were almost raped by that twat and his friends.”

“Oh my GOD that was so exhilarating! That guy was all like ‘Ooooh, I’m gonna stick my dick up your butt without your consent!’ And then I was all like ‘Ohhh no please don’t! I’m drunk!’ which I still am, by the way.” I added, pointing my finger at Harry. “But then out of nowhere, Harry fucking Superman Styles literally swoops in out of nowhere. NOWHERE! And you’re all like, ‘Excuse me, but fuck off’ and then you literally almost just beat his ass so hard. I could of sworn I saw blood coming out of his nose and a tear in his eye and man, I’m really hungry right now.”

We were sitting at a red light so Harry had the chance to completely rotate his body to look at me. “You are absolutely mental.”

“Admit it. You totally feel like a man right now.” I laughed, readjusting myself under the still restricted belt. “Your balls just doubled in size and you know it.”

“They do feel a bit heavier than usual.” Harry nodded.

I gasped excitedly, mostly because Harry was smiling again and not being weirdly angry. I raised my palm up to him. “You’re giving me a high-five right now. Give it to me, Styles. I ain’t doing anything else until you give me that justified high-five that you deserve.”

Harry rolled his eyes and slapped his palm against mine. “Your accent strangely gets more Americanized when you’re drunk.”

“Speaking of Americanized, can we go to McDonalds?” I asked. “I’m seriously craving some of those french fries. And a McFlurry. Oh God, Harry please, can we go?”

+++


Harry and I spent an additional hour in his car parked outside McDonalds until we finished our super-sized fries and incredibly sweet and perfect McFlurrys. What was even more perfect was I ate two McFlurrys. The ordering process got a little out of hand when we were in the drive-thru because I couldn’t decide what flavor I wanted. There was a point where I distinctly remember letting myself out of my seat and climbing over Harry to get a better look at the McFlurry options, making Harry complain after I accidentally kneed him in the crotch.

“Oh my God Luna, I don’t care if you buy all of the flavors if it means you’ll stop moving.” Harry protested as I leaned out the window to look at the options.

“Do you really mean it!?” I asked excitedly. “God Harry I could kiss you right now but I’ll never do that!”

“Why not?” Harry raised an eyebrow with a new found sense of curiosity.

“Because we’re friends and friends don’t do that, remember?” I pinched his cheek and made a face.

He swatted my hand away and rubbed his cheek. “You have got to stop doing that.”

The nausea I had felt earlier had completely vanished and was replaced by a full satisfied stomach. While we were stuffing our faces, Mallory had gone off on a frenzied texting spree. She was apparently still at the club and was frantically looking for me. It took me about ten whole minutes to reply back with “Im wivth Harrry, donrt worry” to which she quickly replied with “OH MY GOD HAVE FUN CALL ME TOMORROW” and left it with that. Naturally, I ignored it because if anyone was dying for me to hook up with Harry Styles, it was Mallory. She was convinced it was going to happen and I would always have to tell her, only in romantic comedies does that happen.

When we rolled up to my apartment building, it had just hit 4 am. Harry leaned over the console and looked up. He let out a low whistle. “You live here?”

“Yep.” I let out a yawn, finally feeling that Sandman approaching.

I fiddled with the seat belt until Harry interrupted me. “Uh, what are you doing?”

“Um. Getting out?” We were stopped right against the curb so I was assuming this is the part where I get out and walk inside.

“No, no. I’m taking you up to your apartment.” Harry stated like it was the goddamn law or something. “Where can I park?”

“Harry, it’s literally right there, I can do it-”

“The last time I let you go off by yourself, you almost managed to get yourself into a mass gang bang.”

“Ok, don’t even exaggerate-”

“Where can I park?” He cut me off and repeated his question.

I was too tired and too drunk to argue so I pointed to the gated entryway a couple of feet down the road. “In there.”

We parked a couple of spots away from my dad’s Mercedes Benz and his small collection of sport cars and headed over to the main elevator that led upstairs. At this point, I had ripped off my painful stilettos and was leaning slightly on Harry’s arm for support while we walked. We entered the elevator and I immediately leaned against the wall, lazily pressing the PH button, followed by the passcode to gain access to that floor.

When the elevator jerked upwards, I momentarily leaned my head against the wall and closed my eyes. Typically the ride up to the Penthouse from the garage took a little longer than usual since we had so many floors to pass through.

I noticed Harry was quieter than usual so I peaked an eye open to see what he was doing. He was standing close to me, typing on his phone with one hand while running his other hand through his hair. As I watched him, I realized without him tonight, I would have been royally fucked.

Literally.

I also realized that in this warm elevator lighting, he was actually pretty good-looking. Like, really good-looking. I had never seen him in a button down shirt or his hair perfectly styled like it was tonight. My eyes began to lower while I assessed his body. Now I was incredibly curious about what kind of situation he had going on under that shirt.

Without warning, I poked him in the stomach.

He immediately flexed away and chuckled. “What was that for?”

“Nothing.”

God, he was hard as rock under there. I bit my lip, trying to hold back the temptation of lifting up his shirt or poking him again. Then I felt stupid and immediately scolded myself for even letting that thought process go on for as long as it did.

I mean, he was probably texting one of his bootycalls right now, saying he was going to be at her house within the next thirty minutes. I bet he couldn’t wait to get his drunk friend, aka me, out of his hair so he could go get some.

The elevator doors finally binged open and Harry let me out first. I sighed heavily and trudged towards the doors to the penthouse. I bent down and grabbed the key that I left under the Welcome mat and unlocked the door.

At this point, I was expecting Harry to dip out and meet one of his girlfriends, but he was still standing next to me even when I had the door open to the apartment.

“Wow, you’re really persistent about getting me into bed.” I wiggled my eyebrows. “Look if you wanted to ride the Luna express, all you had to do was ask.”

“Oh my God, Luna.” Harry rolled his eyes at me and shook his head but I noticed he had walked into the foyer with me, which was a lot farther than I expected him to walk.

“Alright, this way but be quiet.” I whispered, leading him through the darkness of the apartment. “My dad didn’t know I went out tonight so keep it on the D-L.”

We climbed the stairs to my bedroom, which took a little longer than expected because I had to turn around to Harry every couple of steps to shut up his loud shoes that clicked against the tile.

When we finally arrived at my bedroom, I pulled Harry in and checked the hallways to make sure we were in the clear before closing the door shut.

“Wow, this is your bedroom?” Harry was still whispering while he walked around.

“Mmhmm.” I answered nonchalantly, now feeling the wave of sleepiness hit me again while I idly threw my heels to the side. When I spotted my bed, I felt my knees buckle slightly with joy.

I threw my phone onto my desk and the access notes I had stuffed in my bra while Harry walked over to my vanity to observe all the framed pictures.

“Wait, did you draw this?” He asked, picking up an old drawing I did of a building somewhere in London.

I grabbed the grey tshirt I had once intended to wear earlier when I thought I was going to bed and a pair of shorts from the closet. “Yep. Some random building downtown. Don’t turn around.”

He did as he was told and continued to pick up pictures while I peeled off the black dress from my body and switched into my selected pajamas. Once I had the tshirt on, I let Harry off the hook. “Alright, you’re good.”

He turned around and smiled. “This is quite the place you got here, little Lamb.”

I was about to hop into my bed, but his new nickname made me freeze. “Uh, did you just call me little Lamb?”

Harry shrugged. “Yeah. L-A-M. Luna Agnes Monet.”

I continued to jump into my bed. “Hate you.”

Harry looked positively delighted with himself, probably thinking he was the most clever human being in all of London, and possibly the whole country.

Then I realized Harry Styles was standing in the middle of my bedroom at four am, and I suddenly felt very uncomfortable.

I guess the realization hit Harry at the same time because he cleared his throat and looked down at his phone. “I guess I’ll let you sleep then.”

“Wait.” I found myself sitting up straight unexpectedly. Harry looked up at me. “Um. Can you stay a little longer?”

“Is someone afraid of the boogieman?” Harry jokingly taunted. I responded with a dead-pan stare.

Regardless, he kicked his shoes off and joined me on the bed. I could feel my heart rate elevating slightly.

“You know, all joking aside-damn this bed is really fucking nice.” He paused while he laid back in the empty spot beside me and yawned. “But yeah, all joking aside, you really scared me there for a second back at Fabric.”

I didn’t say anything because I could tell Harry was getting all serious and I didn’t want to let my stupid drunk mouth ruin it. He continued. “I was lucky enough to have Niall and Zayn notice yeh from where we were sitting.”

I lifted my head from my pillow and leaned it against my now propped up hand. “Harry?”

“Yeah?”

“You’re a real pal.”

I immediately wanted to take my words back because it sounded incredibly dorky and stupid when I said it out loud, especially in front of Harry. Thankfully, he didn’t tease me but instead offered a really sweet smile as a response.

I dropped my head back to my pillow and sighed heavily. I closed my eyes and yawned again. “You know, you’re seriously so much nicer to me than Derek ever was in the whole two years I was with him.”

I pulled the covers up to my chin and repositioned my head on the pillow until I was comfortable.

“Who’s Derek?”

I was already half asleep when I heard Harry ask the question. I didn’t even open my eyes when I responded. “Mmm. Some douche I used to date up until a month ago when I found him cheating on me.”

I was too tired to open my heavy eyelids to see if Harry had heard me but I guess he did when I heard a distinct disappointed sigh come from his lips. “Luna...”

That was the last thing I heard before passing out completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was so much fun to write.
Drunk Luna is my favorite.
And look at that, I updated twice in one day!

Feel free to leave some comments! :) x