Status: Slow Process, But Active!

The Amity Pact

The Pact

The Awkward One

Truthfully, I always thought my name was too girly for me. It didn’t fit who I was whatsoever. ‘Delilah’ reminded people of flowers and coordinated, rich girls in frilly pink dresses. But I was the complete opposite. I was the girl that rolled in mud and fell up the stairs. I was the girl that propped her elbows on the table and had burping contests with her older brother. That’s why it wasn’t strange when people constantly looked twice when they saw me with Addilyn, the girl who was proper and sweet and shy.

I met Addilyn when I was six years old. We went to the same kindergarten together in that small town of Brinnon right on the edge of Jackson Cove in Washington. Brinnon is and always has been a little community with close to 1,000 people.

It wasn’t hard to become friends with Addilyn. Everyone knew each other and what was going on. And with such a tiny school of only six or seven kids in each grade level, it was difficult to not see her. We hung out every other day after those first couple of weeks.

Lucy came around in fifth grade. She was the beautiful, spontaneous one. All the boys chased her, and all the girls tried to follow her around. But for some reason, Lucy thought that Addilyn and I fit her the best.

And so it began, the tale of the three musketeers. Of course, we fought and screamed and tromped away from each other. But at the end of the day, we’d always meet each other at the lake, ready to get those same sunburns while having the time of our lives.

Now, however, was different. Twelve years later stood three teenagers that were ready to start their new lives, ready to embark on new adventures, and ready to get out of that small town near Jackson Cove. When we graduated in June, we realized that we’d never be the same. With college and homework and new friends, Brinnon would just become a faint memory in the back of our minds.

I loved Addilyn and Lucy, but I honestly didn’t know how I was going to keep my bond with them. We’d be thousands of miles away. It was almost impossible.

But when Addilyn suggested we write letters to each other every few weeks about college life, Lucy and I couldn’t resist.

We were going to be stronger than ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Alexandra here!

This is new, so please be patient!
I'm so excited to be working with these fantastic co-authors!
They're amazing! (:
Corie, you're next! (: