Status: updating weekly, subscribe!

Dirty Little Secret

one

"Now class,"my middle aged balding man starts to say as I and the other classmates find our seats after the bell rings. "Today is a very important day. Today I will be giving you your assigned lab partners and today we will begin the first part of many series of projects in this advanced biology class."

Sitting on Mr. Tregus' desk is a glass jar filled with slips of paper. I watch as he eagerly reaches his hand into the jar and shuffle the papers around his his round, fat fingers before finally retrieving a single slip.

"Courtney and," Mr. Tregus stuck his hand back into the bar to collect another name. "Allie, of course."

"Okay, next pair are Deacon and Hope."

After three more pairs Mr. Tregus finally pulls my name out of the glass jar, "Corinne, you'll be partnered with," He picks up a slip of paper but drops it for another one before removing his hand and looking at the name. "Excellent, Corinne and Tate."

My eyes go bug eyes, threatening to pop out of their sockets. The class noticeable hushed, the only voice was of Mr. Tregus who continued to call out names.

"Okay class, go find your partner and I'll begin explaining the project."

Slowly, I turn my body towards the back of the room. I see some of my classmates glancing at me nervously until my eyes land on the body in the back corner, sitting relaxed, not having a care in the world.

I grab my books as I stand to straighten out my shirt before making my way to the boy with a small smirk on his face.

"I'm Cori," I say sliding into the seat next to him.

"I know who you are. Everyone knows who you are," He says sarcastically. "I'm Tate."

"I know," I say quietly as Mr. Tregus has began to speak.

"Surprising, I thought the queen didn't waste her time getting to know the peasants name. Shouldn't that be like your assistants job or something?" Tate grinned a devilish grin.

I huffed turning my head to face him. "I am not a queen."

"Oh sorry, do you prefer princess, duchess, how about royal bitch?"

"Mr. Tregus," my hand darts into the air.

"Yes Miss. Page?"

"I demand a new partner."

"That doesn't sound like a royal bitch at all," Tate snickers, only loud enough for me to hear.

"Uh, is anyone willing to switch partners?" Mr. Tregus asks the class but no one moves. "I'm sorry Corinne, but the partners are final."

I roll my eyes, scooting my desk further away from the boy who sat next to me comfortable.

Mr. Tregus offers us four projects to pick from, he goes into detail on each one as the papers are passed back to each group. I stopped listening all together, instead I cast my glare at the front of the class with my arms crossed over my chest.

Finally Mr. Tregus is interrupted by the last bell of the day.

"Remember class, we will work on this in class but the majority of your work will be done outside of these four walls. Exchange numbers and work schedules, I'll see all of you on Monday," He shouts over the rumble of kids filing out of his class.

"Mr. Tregus, I'm not working with him. He called me a royal bitch," I whine.

"Corinne, I'm sorry but I can't turn back time. If I could, I would, but I can't, so I shan't," He smiles at his stupid little rhyme. Mr. Tregus grabs his brief case and fills it neatly with the papers on his desk before smiling and walking out with the rest of the students, leaving me alone with Tate.

"Look, I'm sorry I called you a princess," Tate starts. "But I'm not sorry I called you a bitch."

"I'm not a bitch," I lash out.

"Yes you are, your friends are just stuck too far up your perky little ass to know any better."

"I'm not a bitch," I say again, wrapping my arms around my body.

"Well you're gonna have to prove that to me."

"You're gonna have to prove that you aren't an ass."

"I can admit to being an ass," He smiles at me then grabs a notepad off of Mr. Tregus' desk. He scribbles something down then hands it to me. "Come over tomorrow, whenever you want. Text me when you're on your way."

"Fine, I'll see you tomorrow."

As Tate walks out, Courtney and Allie walk back in. I try my best to look annoyed.

"I'm so sorry," Courtney says patting me on the back.

"Courtney and I decided that I will switch you partners if you want," Allie offers.

"It's fine. I'll get through it, lets go to practice."

I shove the small piece of paper in my purse, letting any thoughts of Tate Daniels vanish from my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm BACK! with a new story. After being gone for what seemed like forever, I just couldn't write anything for what I already had, so I'm diving into something new, and I am really excited about it.

I know that it's really sloppy, I'm having trouble writing the very beginning but the middle and end are finished so just bare with me as I work through it.

So tell me what y'all think.

Later alligator. (: