Status: updating weekly, subscribe!

Dirty Little Secret

thirteen

Tate called me about an hour after our talk in the parking lot of our school. Heated words were thrown around, most of them were offensive and foul. I hung up on him only for him to call me back and shout that I was "a stupid fucking 'C' word" in which I replied by screaming he was an "emotionless man whore, tool bag, prick" followed by me chucking my phone across my phone, effectively breaking my phone.

Tate didn't come to school Tuesday or Wednesday, but I had other things to worry about. That was homecoming. I had completely let it slip my mind; it was a week from Saturday. I was thankful that I have bought my dress over the summer, leaving me only to worry about my hair and getting my nail done.

"So are you going to get you nails done with Court and I next Thursday, or are you going to be too busy doing you biology project?" Allie asks with a prissy attitude.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask defensively.

"Lately that's all you've been doing. You go from cheer practice to your biology project. It's like you actually like Tate. Oh my gosh, do you like Tate?" she squeals.

"No, I do not like Tate Daniels," I say harsher than I should. "I just wanted to get it done so it won't be drug out. I just wanted to get it done so I can focus on better things."

"Like what?" Courtney chimes in as she places a stray hair back into place.

"Like homecoming, duh."

My dad had returned from his business trip in New York and this was the first time we were home at the same time in a very long time. I took this opportunity to ask him if he'd escort me the night of the homecoming game. I drew in a big breath of air before tapping on his office door.

"Daddy?" I ask, peeping my head into the room.

"What?"

"Can I come in?" I take a few steps in as I ask.

"Why ask if you're going to come in anyways?"

"Oh, sorry."

"What do you want Corinne?" My dad sighs looking up from his work. "What are you wearing young lady?"

I look down at my outfit. "Yoga shorts and a shirt."

"You better have not worn that to school. I'm telling you I don't know why I agreed to let continue with public schooling. I bet my years’ salary that your brain is all but mush."

"That's not true Dad. I'm learning a lot."

I could see him roll his eyes like he was some preteen girl. "Why are you interrupting me?"

"Well the homecoming game is next Friday and I was wondering if you would escort me since I'm on the homecoming court."

"Can't you get one of the help to escort you, I' busy."

"I thought about that but it's in front of the whole town and I'd thought that you'd want to make an appearance."

"Fine, tell my secretary what time and I'll be there, but do not expect me to stay long after."

"Thank you Daddy."

Now that I had a free moment to think my mind exploded on all thoughts of Tate. It amazed me that in such a short amount of time Tate has managed to become a major focal point of my life. I still want Tate in my life, even if it is just as friends. I would even willingly accept his apology about calling me all of those bad names.

I make up my mind and decide to pay Tate a visit. I quickly change into some jeans before grabbing my car keys and heading out the door.

Tate's garage door is open, his music blaring with Tate's legs sticking out from underneath of his truck.

"We need to talk," I shout over the music.

Tate jumped a little, my sudden appearance startling him. Tate shimmies from underneath the truck and stands quickly.

"I didn't hear you, normally the sound of clicking high heels gives you away," Tate says coldly.

"We need to talk," I cross my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, you said that."

"I want you to apologize," I start.

Tate laughs loudly, as if I asking for an apology was some sort of joke. When he sees my hard expression Tate stops laughing, "You're serious? You really think that you can come over here and demand an apology and expect to get one? What about apologizing to me?"

"What did I do to you?" I ask loudly, completely enraged.

Tate doesn't respond right away. He just looks at me; trying to read my mind, determine why I am so upset.

"Never mind, you didn't do anything. I'm sorry for hurting your precious feelings. Now if you'll excuse me I was in the middle of working on my baby."

I roll my eyes, coming here solved nothing. Tate was as cold and distant as ever. Even when we first started working together he was never like this.

"What's your problem? I come here to try to be friends with you and you completely shut me out. I thought we had something, maybe I was wrong."

"What's my problem? What is your problem?"

"My only problem is with you, Tate."

"Well my only problem is with you, Corinne," Tate mocks me.

I let out an angry breath of air and Tate runs his hands through his mess of hair.

"Fine, if you don't want to be mature and talk this out then I don't want to be your friend anymore."

"We were never really friends, Princess. I was just trying to get in your pants but I couldn't get past that chastity belt of yours."

"You're such an ass," I say before turning on my heel and heading back to my car.

Tate knew how to work every one of my nerves, but in the back of my mind I wanted him to be a part of my life, asshole or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this i really short, and boring. I needed a filler chapter. The next couple will be really good.

Later Alligator.
xox.