Status: updating weekly, subscribe!

Dirty Little Secret

fourteen

I sit in between Courtney and Allie in a plush massaging chair as a lady massages my feet. I hadn't spoken to Tate since our fight. It wasn't for lack of trying, because I have tried. I texted him offering to finish our project together and he replied with an already done. I've found myself spending much more time with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

"I'm surprised that you didn't cancel on us," Allie says while reading a magazine.

"Why would I cancel? I needed to get my nails done and we had plans to go together," I explain sounding annoyed. My lack of presence has already been questioned by them and it was getting old.

"Okay, so how are you and Eric?"

"I haven't really talked to Eric in a while."

"We've noticed, that's why we asked. Courtney and I saw him with some girl at the mall the other day. He said it was his 'friend' but it wasn't convincing."

I scrambled for something to say. "Um yeah that was his friend. He told me about it, no need to worry."

I made a mental note to scold Eric for being so careless about our arrangement.

The lady painted my toe nails then led me to another chair where she could put on my acrylic nails. She did a simple French tip. I thanked her and went to pay my bill. Courtney asked if I would want to go to go to dinner with them but I declined saying that I had extra homework to work on. Truth was I could only stand to be around them for so long. I couldn't see how I actually liked them.

Being home wasn't the best idea either. Though I wasn't alone, my mom had just got back from her trip but I didn't feel like bothering her. I just sat on my bed with the TV on some channel. I tried to work on homework but my mind was elsewhere. I give up quickly on my homework and scroll through y list of contacts until I get to Eric's.

"Hello?" He answers on the last ring.

"You ran into Courtney and Allie at the mall with some girl? Thanks for the heads up," I complain.

"Sorry I forgot. I didn't think you'd care."

"I don't I just don't like it when they question me, it's annoying. I was put on the spot and I'm not good at being put on the spot. You're lucky that they aren't that bright or they'd catch on that I was lying. Next time you’re going to parade your little fuck buddy around, do it somewhere that my friends don't frequent," I say harshly before hanging up the phone.

Friday is finally here, the night of the homecoming game. Classes were pretty plain, everyone was too excited to pay attention. I on the other hand was dreading tonight. My dad had agreed to escort me down the field tonight but if he'd show up I wasn't one hundred percent sure.

Fortunately I was wrong. Both my parents were going to make an appearance. IT was a very rare occasion when Ann and Richard Page were in the same room as I was, but here we are all standing in the foyer of our house waiting for one of my mom's drivers to fetch the car so he could drive us to the game.

"Are you really wearing that?" My mom scrunches up her face in disgust.

"What's wrong with it? It's a nice dress," I defend my outfit.

"You look like a peasant."

"Well if peasants can afford a three hundred and fifty dollar dress, then yes I am dressed exactly like a peasant. I'm dressed better for the occasion than you. That dress is for the Grammy's, not a homecoming football game."

"Richard, control your daughter."

"I'm your daughter too, Ann," I say sweetly, egging her on.

"No, I wanted to abort you but your lovely grandma had to get in the way because someone couldn't keep their big mouth shut."

My mom never kept it secret that she didn't want me. I've heard the stories one too many times but each time she spits out the fact that she was for my abortion it knocks me down. My dad never did anything about it, he would just give me a look that was filled with sorrow. I knew that he wanted to keep me, that he was pleased that his mother stepped it. I know that he actually cares for me, though he never shows it. My mom on the other hand absolutely hates my existence.

"Come on, the car is here," My dad says breaking the silence.

My mom rides in front, because of her 'motion sickness' but really she doesn't want to be in a enclosed space right next to me.

I choke back the tears my mom caused as my parents and I make our way to the football field.

"I wore the wrong shoes for this," My mom complained.

"Well no one asked you to come. I only wanted Dad here."

"If your father is the only one to show up and everyone else on homecoming court has both of their parents, it will make me look like a bad parent."

"Oh yeah if you don't come watch this game you're a bad parent but constantly saying that you don't want me alive still qualifies you as mother of the year," I say sarcastically.

"Watch your mouth we are in public."

"I would hate to disgrace the Page name. Sorry Mother."

Everyone on homecoming court, including Eric and his parents line up in the order we were given and soon my name was being called as well as my parents. A loud cheer came over the crowd and I gave them a large fake smile and a small princess like wave before walking off the field.

*

It was the morning of homecoming. I decided that I would do my own hair to avoid the swarm of girls at every hair salon. It wasn't until noon that I decided to shower and get ready, leaving me three and a half hours until I had to be at Eric's house for group pictures.

I was finally dressed and putting on the finishing the final touches of my make up when the doorbell rang. A few minutes later there was a light knock on my door followed by its opening. I stared at Tate as he stood in the doorway.

"Wow, you look beautiful," Tate says looking me up and down.

My heart flutters with excitement. "What are you doing here?" I ask once I've regained my sanity.

"Oh, I just wanted to give you a copy of the report. I was going to leave it with one of the maids but she told me you were still up here."

"You could have given it to me tomorrow, you know?"

"I have plans with my parents tomorrow, so here you go," Tate crosses my room and lays the papers on my bed.

"I'm sorry I demanded an apology from you, I knew I wasn't going to get one," I say not knowing what to say and not being able to think.

"I'm sorry that I didn't give you an apology. You deserve one. I was an ass."

"You were just being you," As I say this Tate breaks into a large grin that makes me forget why I was even mad at him in the first place.

"Maybe, I think I really wanted our secret to work out. I didn't the fact that you got cold feet."

"I didn't want to become another notch in your bedpost. I respect myself too much to do that to myself."

Tate is quiet for only seconds before he cups my face with both his calloused hands and places a gentle kiss on my lips, drawing all the air from my lungs. "I think you know that you were never going to be another notch in my bedpost." Tate backs away, still looking at the stunned expression on my face. "I'll see you later, Princess."

Tate left the room, I hear his footsteps grow fainter and fainter until I cannot hear them at all and finally the front door opens and shuts. I rush to my window to watch Tate Daniels open his truck door before looking up at me with a small smirk and wave, knowing that he effectively penetrated the wall that I've built high around my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to go ahead and post two chapters today because the last chapter REALLLY sucked and I thought that this would make up for it.

Anyways keep commenting and telling me what you think, it makes me post things faster!

Later Alligator.
xox.