Status: updating weekly, subscribe!

Dirty Little Secret

sixteen

Tate and I stayed wrapped in each other on the beach until the start of the sky started to shine bright shades of oranges, pinks and yellows. After he drove me to Eric's to retrieve my car.

"Are you sure you can drive"

"Want me to recite the alphabet backwards?" I kid.

"No, I just want to make sure you get home okay."

"I'll be fine."

"Good," Tate planted a kiss on my waiting lips. "My dad's boss is having another get together tonight and my mom wanted to know if you'd want to come."

"Just your mom?"

"No, I want to you to come too, but my mom suggested it."

"Well tell your mom that I would love to come. When is it?"

"Come over at about noon? Wear a bathing suit and maybe bring a change of clothes and it's casual so you don't have to wear heels."

I nod my head and give Tate another kiss before exiting his truck to get into my car. I felt like a giddy school girl, unable to think about anything other than how imperfectly perfect Tate was. He made me feel like I was the most special girl in the world, and I deserved that.

I had a few hours to sleep but I found it hard. I wanted my second meeting of Tate's parents to go well. I haven't really gotten the chance to meet them, to make my impression. Mrs. Daniels only knows that we're lab partners and Mr. Daniels knows less than that.

I debated for an hour after showering what I would wear. I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard because it was going to be a casual thing but I didn't want to look like a slob. I ended up putting on a pair of shorts and a white crop top.

I looked at myself in the mirror and thought I looked sleazy but I didn't have time to change. I pulled into Tate's drive way right at twelve. Tate was standing outside of the garage, a cigarette in one hand. He waiting until I was out of my car before taking one last long drag and dropping it on the concrete floor, putting it out with his shoe, and then drawing an Altoids mint from his back pocket.

"Hey, you look nice," Tate bends down to kiss me. I can taste the tobacco mixed with mints on his lips.

"Are you sure. I think I look kind of cheap because the top it cropped."

"No, you're beautiful. Do you want to ride with my parents or do you want drive separately?"

"Driving with your parents is fine. Where are we going?"

"Well we're taking our boat to Mr. Greenwall's vacation house on Marco Island. It's one of his daughter's birthdays and he's using it to get all of his business partners there to show them how much money he has."

"Sounds fun."

"It will be now that I get to drag you to it," Tate pulled me into his arms, kissing me passionately, overwhelming me completely.

"Save it for the bedroom son," Mr. Daniels said as he came out of the house. He was plainly dressed in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. He looked completely different from the last time I saw time.

"Stop watching, pervert," Tate smiles pecking me on the lips once more before letting me go.

"Corinne right?"

"Cori, Mr. Daniels."

"It's Steve. I haven't gotten the chance to fully introduce myself. Tate said you were pretty but I'll be damned he wasn't doing you any justice. Looks like you just stepped out of some sort of magazine."

I blush several shades of red and when Tate notices he just laughs, finding this amusing.

"Steve, leave poor Cori alone. She won't want to do anything with us and lord knows she's the only girl Tate's ever introduced us to," Mrs. Daniels says walking out of the house wearing a long maxi dress.

"Oh I'm just giving her a compliment."

"Hi Cori, it's nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you too. Thank you for inviting me today."

"Of course. It's supposed to be the last hot day for a while. Are you guys riding with us?"

"Yeah," Tate says before I get a chance.

The drive to the marina isn't long, especially with Mr. and Mrs. Daniels talking up a storm. I wasn't used to this sort of genuine interest.

"So Tate says that you're the captain of the cheerleading team." Mr. Daniels starts.

"Oh yeah, this is my second year as captain."

"And you're the president of the senior class," Mrs. Daniels chimes in.

I smile, looking over at Tate who is shaking his head. "That is true."

"And you were voted homecoming queen. I was homecoming queen my senior year."

"Yeah I was," I didn't know was to say. I sensed Tate's awkwardness.

"I never went to any of my school dances. I was never cool enough. I was a nerdy kid in high school that got made fun of, but look where I am now. Married to the most beautiful woman in the world."

"Oh Steve," Mrs. Daniels says bashfully.

I smile along with Mrs. Daniels. My parents never showed any amount of affection. I wasn't even sure if they shared the same bed. I could tell that this sort of love was common in the Daniels household, and it was a nice change to pace.

When we got to the docks we were greeted by an older gentleman. "Well, well if it isn't the Daniels clan."

"Hey Alex, how's she doing?"

"Great. I took her out for a little rest and relaxation yesterday."

"Good to hear, how is Mary and the kids?"

"Mary is up to her neck in sick kids. I'm telling you, it's one after the other."

"I remember when Tate was that age, it seemed like every time I sent him to daycare I'd pick him up sicker than a dog," Liz says before giving Alex a brief hug and a swift kiss on the cheek.

"He's turned out just fine. How ya doing son?"

"I'm doing pretty good grandpa."

"And who is this young lady?" He asks acknowledging me.

"This is Cori Page," Mrs. Daniels introduces me before Tate has a chance to.

"Well aren't you something pretty to look at? Tate better be careful, I'm in the market for a new wife," Alex winks at me.

"Dad," Mrs. Daniels gasps at his boldness.

"Hey, I'm old, I am aloud to say stuff like that," Alex laughs and I join him. Tate rolls his eyes but the smile plastered on his face meant he wasn't bothered.

The boat ride to Marco Island was short and in now time we drifted into the private docking area for Hank Greenwall. From the house balcony we could see a few people scattered along wearing their best pool attire.

"Steve!" A man shouts as make the final climb up the steps and onto the balcony that overlooks the gulf.

"Hank, thanks for having us. Where is Michelle?" Steve asks as Hanks points to a young girl with a frilly pink bathing suit on and a birthday crown on top of her wet black hair.

"She's counting her presents."

"Of course. And she's got one more," Liz produces a card from her purse and hands it to Hank.

"She'll be thrilled. I see Cori has joined us again, looking as beautiful in ever."

"It's nice seeing you again. Your house is lovely."

"Tate will have to give you the grand tour."

Mr. Greenwall certainly knows how to throw a party. A dozen or so waiters and waitresses were walking around with kid friendly horderves and sparkling punch. There were jugglers and people that swallow swords and batons on fire scattered the house. Throughout the day and well into the evening, Tate and his parents introduced me to more friends and business partners. It was nothing like the mundane business outings my dad has drug me and Eric to, where the people are dry and so is the humor.

Tate and I return hand in hand to the boat after a long goodbye from Mr. Greenwall. The sun had drained all of my energy as I lolled my head on Tate's arm as Mr. Daniels put the boat into reversed and we eased out of the dock and headed north. Tate pulls his famous jacket from a compartment under the seats and drapes it over my shoulders before pulling me into his side to keep me warm from the salty ocean breeze.

I managed to fall asleep in the short amount of time we were on the boat and I quickly resumed my sleep once I was inside Mr. Daniels truck.

"Cori, wake up," Tate softly jostled me awake.

I stretch after hopping out of the truck.

"Night guys," Mrs. Daniels quickly reaches to kiss Tate's cheek before waving me goodbye.

"I had a lot of fun today, thanks for inviting me," I say to her before her and Mr. Daniels head inside. "I had fun today," I now say turning to Tate.

"So did I," Tate smiles and wraps me in his arms. He kisses me deeply before saying, "Stay the night with me?"

I was stunned with what Tate was asking me. His parents just walked inside, they would know I had stayed over.

"Your parents are home," I say nervously.

"They're surprised that you haven't stayed over yet."

"How common is it for girls to stay over?"

"Common enough for my parents to expect your car in the driveway tomorrow morning," Tate says. "But I've changed the sheets," Tate quickly jokes once he sees my expression.

"I'm not like that, you know that."

"I know, I know, and I am not expecting anything. It's late and you're tired. It would be easier if you stayed the night."

"We have school tomorrow."

"You have all your books in your car right?"

"Yeah but I don't have any clothes."

"You have a bag of clothes."

I glance down at my tote bag. "You planned this. I can't wear what I packed to school."

"What did you pack?"

"Jeans, a t-shirt and a cardigan. I can't wear that."

"Of course you can. That is exactly what I wear but replace the cardigan with this," he points at the jacket that I am still wearing.

I look up at him to see Tate smirking. His bright eyes barely visible. "Fine. But you have to give me something to sleep in."

Tate grins and clutches my face in his hands bringing my lips to his. My breath drains from my lungs and my head swoons as I grab onto Tate's shirt for support. Our tongues work together in a fiery battle. One of Tate's hands glide to my hip then to my bottom as he pulls me flush against his body.

"Okay enough of that," Tate smiles and pulls away leaving me feeling incredibly lonely.

He links our fingers together and pulls me up to the house, through the sliding glass door, out of the kitchen and into the living room where we ascend a set of stairs. Tate's room was everything I expected. A full sized bed in the middle of the room, pushed against a wall with a couple of band posters. A Dresser and a small television take up another wall. A large stereo sits on a bookshelf that has a few books and pictures. There were two doors, one leading to his closet and the other was to his bathroom. It was small but cozy and it fit Tate.

Tate rummages through his dresser as I look at the pictures. The first one that caught my eye was of a young Tate with an even younger him. I assumed it was Jackson, his brother. They looked so much alike. Tate's hair was much shorter but still had a bit of a wave. Their eyes shined and their smiles were happy. I hadn't seen Tate smile like this, I've seen him smile a lot but never this happy.

"That was the last picture taken of him," Tate says from close behind me. He wraps his hands, which have clothes in them, around my torso and leans to prop his head on my shoulder.

"You guys look a lot alike. You both seem really happy."

"We were. We went out to celebrate because my dad's cancer went into remission."

I pick up another photo, this one is of a man who looks old and worn out but his smile was young and humble and there was still a spark in his blue eyes. "Your real dad?" I ask.

"Yeah. That was after all of the chemo. When his hair was starting to fall out, he made the decision to shave it all off and he let me do it," Tate points to picture in a frame on a lower shelf.

"Who died first?"

"Jackson," Tate says softly.

"How long apart?"

"Only about a month. The cancer came back aggressively and my dad didn't want to fight anymore. It completely broke my mom to see my dad not do anything. It broke me too," I could hear the painful memories come back in Tate's voice.

"Sorry," I put the picture down and turn to face Tate, wrapping my arms around his torso. I notice his absence of a shirt. I place small kisses on his chest.

"I don't want your pity."

"I do not pity you," I say in between kisses as I trail my lips up his neck and along his hardened chin and to his lips where I place one simple kiss.

"Here are some clothes," Tate hands me the bundle of clothes he was holding in his hands.

"Thanks," I take the clothes and head into the adjoining bathroom.

I quickly strip from everything I am wearing and pull on a big white shirt that cut me mid-thigh. I then slip on a pair of Tate's boxers and look in the mirror. I liked this look for some reason, dressing in Tate's clothes.

Tate was already in bed when I walked out of the bathroom. "What do you think?"

"You look better in them than I do," Tate smiles, all traces of sadness has left his face.

I crawl into bed beside him and Tate pulls me in close to him, wrapping an arm around my waist securing me next to him. "Do you want me to turn on the television or talk to you?"

"You'd talk me to sleep again?"

"Anything for you," Tate nuzzles his face in his crook of my neck and kisses the spot beneath my ear.

"Tell me that story about the alien again?" I ask tilting my head to look at him.

"Sure," we kiss again and Tate starts the story, easing me into an effortless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy cow. Sorry that it's taken me forever to get this out. But I hope you enjoy.
Shout out to all my subscribers and people that have recommended, ya'll rule.
Also, I'm starting a new story soon. It's called Pretty Girl. Make sure you subscribe to be the first to read it.

Later Alligator.
xox.