Status: updating weekly, subscribe!

Dirty Little Secret

thirty

Tate and I wake up early the next morning. I get dressed back into my dress and he dresses in his tux and he head to the hospital. Liz met us at the main entrance of the cardiac building, she had changed into a pair of green scrubs that looked like spouses worry when they watched the delivery of a baby, and took us up to see Steve.

"It was a mixture of high cholesterol, genes, and stress at work," Steve explains. "I have to be on a strict diet and try to take it a little easier at work. Other than that I'm healthy as a horse."

"That's good, we were worried about you," I say smiling weakly. It still hurt seeing Steve like this, lying there in a hospital bed wearing a hospital gown. An IV stuck in his hand and wires coming up from the top of the gown that attaches to a heart monitor that gave a constant, unnerving beep.

"I'm glad that you and Tate stayed to make sure that I was okay, but now that you know that I am, you're free to go back home. I'm sure you don't want to be stuck in that dress all day."

"No, it's fine."

"Cori, really. I have another test then Liz has to sign some forms and we'll be home. It would make me happier if you guys went home and enjoyed the day and wasn't cooped up in a hospital all day."

"Fine, we'll see you back home," I get up from my chair at his bedside and hug him gently after kissing his cheek.

Tate shakes his hand firmly, "Good to see that you're okay."

"Love you guys, see you soon," Steve calls after us as we exit his room.

The drive back home is long and quiet. Once we got back to the house I decided that if Steve had to go on a diet then we all were. I raided the fridge for anything fatty or the least bit unhealthy and started throwing it into the trash.

"Does this mean no more pancakes?"

"No. No more chocolate chip pancakes with syrup. You can have peanut butter on them or with fresh fruit. No more sugars or butter or red meat."

"You're telling me that you'll stop eating cheese burgers?"

"At the house, of course. I don't want Steve to feel like he's in this alone, but my stops to any fast food joint will become more frequent."

"What are we going to do for Christmas, low fat casseroles and no ham? No one likes a Scrooge."

"Holidays we can splurge a bit, but I mean it. No junk food in the house."

**

Steve and Liz came back after Tate and I sat down for dinner. Both of them weren't up for dinner and said their good nights. Liz had an early meeting and Steve claimed that lying in a hospital bed all day really took it out of a person.

Tate and I decided on taking a late night bike ride. The cool breeze whipped against me as I gripped tighter around Tate's waist. I was finding this to be my favorite place, on the back of Tate's fully restored motorcycle with my armed secured around him. I felt like I was flying, I didn't have to think or care about anything in the world.

We arrived at the beach, the spot where Tate brought me for our own private homecoming. The spot where him and I became an us.

We sit in the sand that was still warm from the evening sun. My hand intertwines with Tate's automatically. It has only been a couple short months but I couldn't be happier. I finally had a perfect balance, everything I wanted. I was popular and idolized, I finally had a family, and I had an amazing boyfriend who put up with all of me. But what was next? What happened after I was handed that diploma and I was accepted into a college a thousand miles away?

"What will happen after this?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"What are you doing after high school?"

"I don't know," he says casually.

"You've never thought about what will happen after you end your high school career?"

"Well I've thought about maybe what I would want to do but really I don't know. I don't have the same goals and dreams that you do."

"Have you thought about us? About what we were going to be after high school, if there still is even an us in five months?"

"Of course I've thought about that. You're the most important thing in my life, I'd be willing to follow you to the ends of the Earth if you'd let me."

"You'd go to Princeton or Yale with me?"

"I've always wanted to see the snow," Tate smiles hopefully.

"If I wanted to travel abroad?"

"I already have a passport."

"I'm glad," I finally take a deep breath.

I never wanted Tate to leave my side. I wanted to be with him forever and I couldn't wait until high school ended so we spend the rest of eternity together chasing each other across the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
read please;
holymotherfuckingshit, I'm at thirty chapters! can I get a hell yeah? Sadly I had no motivation to write this. It's also why this one is so slow and boring and extremely short. I didn't want the thirtieth chapter to be this one . What is happening to me?! Sorry guys, hopefully I'll feel like writing tomorrow. I feel like this should be so much better but honestly so much shit has happened lately that I haven't been writing happy things and then I have to rewrite everything so this will probably be the last chapter update until I am one hundred percent happy again and all this shit that keeps happening is done with.
Sorry for the crappy update, I still love you guys though.
I'll still get on here periodically and maybe post a blog or two; they really helped before so I think I'll try that again.
also fuck America for not voting to keep Caroline Glaser, her voice is beautiful and not only did she sing an Ed Sheeran song but a Sir Elton John song, so obviously she knows knows what good music is.

wah, okay. enough.

Later Alligator.
xox.