Status: updating weekly, subscribe!

Dirty Little Secret

fortythree

Everyone was seated in their proper seats for graduation; awaiting instruction from our principal in what to do during the rehearsal. Principal Anderson called my named and I walked forward, onto the stage as if I was going to give my valedictorian speech. I waited at the podium while Principal Anderson gave further instructions.

I didn't want tomorrow to come because that meant saying goodbye to Tate for good. I knew that after this I wouldn't see him again. I would be going off to college and he'd be off in a foreign country or a marine base far away.

But tomorrow did come, and it was here. I stood in at the front of the line with my blue gown on to match the rest of the girls. I clutched a folded piece of paper in my sweaty hands, not prepared to stand in front of all the staff, graduates and parents and give some inspirational speech to a bunch of kids that could probably give a speech better than me.

"Now welcome our Valedictorian, Corinne Page," our principal announced and everyone clapped as I climbed the small set of stairs and made my way to the podium. I scanned the crowd making eye contact with Allie and Courtney. They both gave me a flirty wink and an encouraging thumbs up.

"Welcome staff, family, friends, and graduating class of 2013," I begin my speech, my hands shaking slightly. "The only reason why I'm standing here instead of someone else is because I thought that if I have the highest GPA, or the most friends, or I was the prettiest, and wore the most expensive things that I would be accepted by not only every one of you but most of all by my parents, that I'm surprised are here."

I go further in my speech by talking about the four years we spent together and what else was to come. I mentioned how I would be attending Princeton and received a small applause. I ended the speech by saying, "Remember class of 2013, everyone is waiting for us to make the world better; let’s not disappoint them. I'll see you in ten years for our reunion."

A secretary began to call our names in alphabetical order to receive our diplomas. I was finally done, I was able to breathe easy now and escape my parents. I could stop pleasing people and start focusing on me. The only problem was, Tate wouldn't be there to figure out the world with me.

I met his gaze at Tate smiled for the camera as he posed with his parents. I wanted to talk to him and say a final goodbye but I didn't want to face Tate parents, they took me in and loved me as their own and I did nothing but back stab their son. I settled for a smile and a small wave which he returned, kindly.

"You really thought we weren't going to watch our only daughter graduate?" My dad asked once he and my mom spotted me standing in a crowd of over joyed parents.

"I wasn't going to hold my breath," I say seriously.

"You are so ungrateful," my mom spits. "We do everything for you and you spit in our faces."

"Most parents are proud of their kids especially if they're at the top of their class, but you guys go ahead and keep thinking I'm a disappointment."

"We don't think you're a disappointment," My dad said defensively.

"I do," my mom snorted. "We should have given her to your mother. She was the only one that wanted her."

"Love you too, Mom," I smile sarcastically before turning away to leave.

I hated my parents and I was so excited to go to New Jersey. I was excited for this new chapter in my life. I was excited to experience the snow, curl up by a fire place while reading a book, sit in lecture hall with hundreds of other people, make new friends and become the person I know I am.
♠ ♠ ♠

Sorry that this one is so short and boring, I am honestly so sick and feel like I'm going to die at any moment.
I don't know how to write a valedictorian speech so I didn't really include it as much as I should have. I didn't even go to my graduation. I said peace out assholes, ya'll can mail it to me. I really hated my main high school, but loved my vocational school.
However, the next few chapters are going to be amazing, I promise.
Thanks for all of the positive feed back.
I can't updated Pretty Girl yet because it is so personal and based heavily on a lot of things that happened to and the the people I'm closet to, so I'm not ready to put it all out.
I need something else to start writing so start messaging me ideas. I'll totally give you credit!
btw, I fixed the chapter numbers.

Later Alligator.
xox.