Status: updating weekly, subscribe!

Dirty Little Secret

fortyfive

I ring my hands nervously as Liz and I wait for Steve to get home from work. I had read all of the pamphlets and researched all of my options until I was an expert. The only thing left to do was to tell Steve, my parents and worst of all Tate. Luckily it was his night to call and I wouldn't have to wait long to make a decision.

Steve came home and was surprised but thrilled to see me. He pulled me into a welcoming hug and kissed the top of my hair like any father would do. I became emotional again and tears spilled out of my eyes.

"No crying, everything will be okay," he told me as he rubbed my back.

I was crying because of how good it felt to be surrounded by people that truly love you. I was so stupid to give this up.

"Tate calls around nine, so we have a few hours. If you want to tell your parents now, we'll go with you. We don't want you to be alone during this," Liz said calmly.

"Really?"

"Cori, you'll always be family. We still love you no matter your situation with Tate."

"I'd like it if you came with me."

"Let's go now then."

Liz and Steve wouldn't let me drive again, so I sat in the backseat of Steve's car while I gave them directions to my house. It was just my luck that both the cars were parked in the driveway. Normally when I wanted either of them they were miles away, out of state, or even out of the country. Now when I don't want either of them to be home, here they are.

"Mom, Dad?" I called out from the foyer. One of the maids came from the hallway.

"Yes, Miss. Corinne?" She asked politely.

"Can you get my parents for me? It's urgent."

She nodded and retreated to a different part of the house. I showed Liz and Steve into my living room. They both took a seat on either end of one of the couches. I sat patiently beside them and waited for the arrival of my parents.

"What do you want? I was in the middle of business call?" My dad said as he walked into the living room first.

Steve stood and held out his hand for my father to shake. "Richard Page, my name is Steve Daniels and this is my wife Liz."

My dad shook Steve's hand then shook Liz's hand right as my mom was entering the room. "What is going on?"

"Honey, this is Steve and Liz Daniels," My dad said apprehensively.

"Yes, hello my name is Ann. What do you want? Has my daughter done anything to upset you? I'm sure we won't need to bother the police with whatever she has done, what's the damage?"

"No damage, ma'am. Please sit, both of you," Liz said politely.

"Don't tell me what to do in my house," mom snarled as she took a seat on the couch opposite the one we were sitting on.

"Don't be a bitch," I lash out at her.

"Cori," Liz said quietly as she took my hand in hers.

"Corinne, what is this about?" my dad asked in his best authority figure voice.

"Well I'm sure you're unaware of this but earlier this year I stopped living here-"

"Why would you do that? Is this not sufficient enough for you?" My mom interrupted me.

"I stopped living here because I started dating Steve and Liz's son, Tate. I've been living there ever since."

"Why?" My dad asked confused.

"They've been more parent figures to me than both of you ever had," I said as I reached for Steve and Liz's hands to hold in my lap.

"That's ridiculous," my mom huffed but I ignored her.

"Well earlier today I found out something," I pause to gather together all the confidence I had before blurting, "I'm pregnant."

I looked up at my parents they were in disbelief. My mom was the first to comprehend what I just said. "You filthy whore!" She shouted unexpectedly.

I look at her confused and hurt but she continues. "I will not have some floozy tramp wreck my family name! You better get that taken care of or you're no child of mine!" she yelled.

I jumped from the couch, "You just made my decision a whole lot easier. I'm keeping my baby and I promise you I am going to be a yell of a lot better mother than you ever would."

"Then you better pack your shit now, I want you out tonight. And you can hand over the credit card too," She held out her hand for me to deposit the cards in. I riffle through wallet and shove each card forcefully into her hand.

"Ann, be reasonable," My dad said in a even tone.

"No Richard. She is ungrateful and a sorry excuse for a daughter. She has made her bed now it is time for her to lay in it. She is no daughter of mine."

Liz puts her hand over her mouth and I can see Steve biting his tongue. I knew that they had plenty of things to say to my mom. Finally Liz said, "Cori, go pack some of your things, we'll get the rest tomorrow."

I stormed up into my room and in a rage I started throwing different clothes into the black trash bags in a pile in the corner of my closet. As each bag was full I dropped it over the railing and into the foyer. With each bag my mom would yell at me from the living room. With each gross word she said to me, the more I wanted to punch her. I gathered everything expensive and worth value so she wouldn't have a chance to steal it before I got the rest tomorrow.

Back down stairs my mom is nowhere to be found. My dad along with Liz and Steve are in the foyer. Liz and Steve have some of the bags in their hands.

"Corinne, you don't have to leave," my dad said. "You can stay here even if you decide to keep this baby."

"I did decide to keep this baby."

"That's fine, but you don't have to leave. Your mother is being irrational."

"I'm not staying here as long as that monster is in the house."

My dad nodded and silently he produced his wallet where he took one of his credit cards out and handed it to me. "I'm guessing your mom has already cut up your cards and is calling the banks to let them know but she doesn't have access to this account; it's my personal one."

"Thanks dad."

Then my dad did something expectant. He pulled me into an awkward hug. And once we pulled apart he said, "I'm sorry that it is like this. I wish I could have been there for you more. I would like to be a part of your child's life, if you'd let me."

"Of course," I nod, not knowing exactly what to do. "I'll talk to you later I guess."

"I'll have my secretary contact you with the doctor that delivered you, he's the best in the state."

"Okay, thanks."

After piling all of the bags into the trunk we set off to Liz and Steve's house. It was going to be weird living here again, especially without Tate and without dating him.

"We'll turn the guest room into your room for now," Liz said as she helped me with my bags.

I nodded, looking around the room. It was smaller than Tate's or the one at my parents’ house but I'd manage. I didn't have time to get settled in or even think about what has happened before the house phone starts to ring.

As I make my way into the kitchen I hear Liz saying that I needed to say something then she handed the phone to me.

"Cori, what's wrong?" Tate asked once I put the phone up to my ear.

"Oh Tate, I'm so sorry," I begin to cry again. It was so good hearing such a familiar voice.

"Cori, what is it? Tell me," he urges.

"I'm pregnant."

"Well shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I didn't hold it hostage but I might hold the next one hostage.
I don't really follow Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, All Time Low, or Paramore. I used to but not anymore. ):
Any other suggestions, or I'm going to have to come up with something on my own.
But I really want to get to 100 comments so EVERYONE comment!
Tell me what you did/doing for the forth of July.
Shout out to everyone who has defended our country!

Later Alligator.
xox.