Status: updating weekly, subscribe!

Dirty Little Secret

fiftyone

I knew that this moment would come. The moment where I would have to watch Tate's plane takes off. The moment where Tate would leave me for the second time.

I held him tight, breathing in deep so I could remember what he smelled like. I held back the tears that threatened to spill out of my eyes. Tate didn't need any extra stress; he was already having such a hard time leaving as it was.

"It's only eight weeks," He told me, whispering it in my ear.

"I know and you'll be able to call every night and I'll send pictures of our baby."

"At what week can the baby start to hear things?"

"I'm not sure, why?"

Tate dropped down to where he was bent down on one knee. He put his lips close to my Ramones t-shirt that covered my pregnant belly. "I love you Baby. Don't forget about me, I'll be home soon," Tate kissed my tummy then returned to standing position. "I love you too."

"And I love you. We both love you."

A lady over the loud speakers stated that Tate's plane would be boarding soon, that meant this would be our final good byes. I watched as he kissed his mom's cheek, and then exchanged hugs with Steve. Tate kissed me one more time before starting for his gate before turning back around. "I almost forgot," Tate said as he dug into his uniform pocket. He produced something shiny and held it out to me.

I gasped; it was my old promise ring, that didn't look like a promise ring at all. Tate slid it back onto my left ring finger and smiled. "Now I really got to go. I'll call you once I land. Love you," he shouts over his shoulder as he disappears in the crowd of people.

*

Eight weeks doesn't seem that long but when you're counting down the days it feels like a lifetime. Since all of my friends were off at college and Tate's parents including my dad were always working, I needed something to keep my mind off Tate. Since I missed the deadline to enroll in the community college here I decided to start the work force.

Now five days a week, Monday through Friday from eight till three, I worked at a small clothing boutique that specialized in maternity clothing. Though I didn't really need maternity clothing, it was still nice knowing that I could get a discount.

The owner and designer of the clothing is a mother of four. She got tired of how matronly maternity clothing looked and started to design her own on her second kid. The business took off from there. Shelly was a great person to talk to being pregnant so many times. She had multiples answers for all the questions I asked her and was always flexible with my hours so I could still go to my doctor’s appointments.

"I still can't believe you don't know what you're having! I think I started asking my doctors if they knew what it was at like ten weeks," Shelly said as sat in the backroom together.

I had clocked out nearly thirty minutes ago but I didn't want to go home to an empty house.

"I really don't mind. I think it'll make the moment even more special," I tell her, twirling my empty water bottle on its side.

"Do you have names picked out?" I bite my lip and shake my head no. "You're killing me girl!"

"I have the room all done. I put together the crib by myself. I know Tate will be pissed about that but I don't want to spend the three days we have together putting baby stuff together."

"When does he get back again?"

"I pick him up tomorrow at noon," I grin widely.

**

It was just me that was picking Tate up at the airport. I was so nervous, I felt like I was going on a blind date. I cautiously picked out my outfit so that when Tate finally does see me after all this time he'll be blown away.

I nervously waited with many other people that were picking up people from the airport. Every few minutes I looked up to the LED sign that showed all of the flights that had landed; Tate's flight was on there. Any minute I'd get to see him.

I spotted a few people making their way down to the baggage claim where most people were waiting. I saw no one in a marine’s uniform but I kept my eyes peeled. Then I saw him; blue pants and a black coat top with red trim and shiny gold buttons along with a pendent. His white belt and white hat that he carried between his arm and body completely his uniform.

I squealed in delight and rushed towards him. I would have jumped on him if it wasn't for the growing waistline. I flung my arms around Tate's neck and Tate secured his arms around my waist, picking me up and twirling me in the air.

Time stopped as I crashed my lips against Tate's. I didn't care about the PDA, I was just glad that I got to be in Tate's arms at last. Tate set my feet back on the ground, his hands going to my stomach.

"You're huge!" He said, immediately regretting what he said. "Not fat, just your stomach. I love you," he said quickly.

I laughed. I knew what he meant. "I know I'm huge. Baby Daniels weighs just over a pound and a half and is around twelve inches long. The doctor thinks that it'll be a big baby."

"Big is good, big is healthy," Tate kissed my forehead, intertwining our fingers together as we headed over to the baggage claim to pick up his suitcase.

"So," Tate said once he took the driver's seat of my car. "I have three days to spend with you. What do you want to do?"

"Well I can think of one thing that I want to do before we have dinner with your parents and my dad tonight," I said with a flirty smile. Tate was now in a rush to get home.

**

My dad took all of us out for dinner that night. He had made sure that at least once a week we had a dinner together. He also was dropping hints that he spent even less time at home and my now spent almost all of her time in New York. I was suspecting a divorce but I wasn't going to say anything until he told me himself.

Tate kept his hand on my thigh all throughout dinner. "So Mr. Page how's business?"

"It's Richard and it's doing well. Got a lot of big cases and we're going to win them all. How was school?"

"It was good. I'd actually like to talk to you about some business stuff. Do you mind if I stop by tomorrow morning?"

"Sure, sure. I have a lot of meetings tomorrow, how early are you willing to stop by?"

"The earlier the better."

"I'll see you at eight A.M. then."

In bed, I curled my body around Tate. He was almost asleep but I was wide awake. It was getting harder to sleep. I was constantly tossing and turning; trying to get comfortable.

"Tate," I whisper.

"Hm?" He asks without opening his eyes.

"Why do you want to talk business with my Dad?"

"Need to find something to do when I get out of the service. Might as well start with people I know," Tate said simply.

"Oh."

**

Sunday afternoon rolled around and Tate took me to the beach, where everything had officially started. We became each other’s dirty little secrets the night of homecoming when he took me here and we danced on the sand in the moonlight.

The beach was secluded. October wasn't a hot month for beach goes. But it was a nice day and the breeze was just right. I didn't allow myself to think about Tate leaving me again tomorrow. I didn't want to ruin the little time I had left with him.

I smiled, looking up at Tate who was sitting next to me staring off into the water. He suddenly turned to look at me and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too," I grin. I would never get tired of him telling me that.

"I loved you the moment you told me your name in Mr. Tregus' class, like I had no clue who you were."

"Really, you loved me then? You had a funny way of showing it."

"I did, I was just so scared of being hurt."

"I did hurt you though," I can't help but to say it quietly.

"In a way I'm glad that you cheated, if you didn't then you wouldn't be pregnant and I wouldn't be in the military and you also wouldn't be talking to your dad. A lot of good came from such a bad thing."

"Well I'm glad you see it that way."

"I do," Tate smiled. "I love that we're having a baby."

"I can't wait to meet Baby Daniels. I hope it has your eyes so when you're gone I can look into its little eyes and see yours."

"The only thing I want the baby to have of mine is my last name," Tate said smiling like he was up to something. "You know what I'd also like?"

"What?"

"For you to have my last name."

I stared at Tate with a confused look on my face. Tate grinned that goofy grin while he dug in the pocket of his jeans and produced a shiny engagement ring. "Corinne Page, will you marry me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So who loves me right now? (:
haha, who's crying right now?
anyways, I updated Pretty Girl so make sure you read that when you're done commenting and comment on that story and also recommend!!
okay done promoting my stories.

Later Alligator.
xox.