‹ Prequel: Drop the Hammer
Status: im not crying there's just a ship in my eye

Young Lovers' Rage

Truth Be Told

"Fucking Reemer ruining our fun." Jake said to Matt as they angrily walked back to the table where the team sat.

"Wait." Matt said as he knelt down to tie his shoe. Jake stood beside him. "Jake?" He asked when he stood back up.

"Yea, Matt?" Jake responded.

"Did I do good?" Matt asked, seeking his boyfriend's approval.

"Yes, Matt. You did well." Jake answered. He smiled at Matt and pulled him close. "Now, let's go before our food gets cold." Jake said, grabbing Matt's hand and pulling him along.

The two walked over to the table and joined the team.

"Where were you two?" The Leafs' captain, Dion Phaneuf asked Jake and Matt as they sat down.

"Washroom." Jake replied. "I excused us but you were all too immersed in conversation.

"Well your foods been here for like, 10 minutes now." Dion responded. "Where are James and Ben?"

"They were with us." Matt answered. "Look, they're right there." He said as Ben Scrivens and James Reimer sat down at the end of the table.

Dion turned his attention to Screims and Jake looked at Matt.

"Remember, keep your mouth shut and you'll get it real good tonight." Jake whispered in Matt's ear. Matt bit his lip as he felt Jake's breath down neck. Jake knew that Matt got turned on by that, so he did it when he wanted Matt to comply. Matt nodded his head and interlaced his fingers with Jake's under the table as they began to eat.

Jake took a few bites before looking up. His eyes met Mike Kostka's, who was sitting across from him, staring at both him and Matt.

"What?" Jake snarled at Mike. "Got a problem?" This caught the attention of Matt and a couple other guys who were sitting close to them.

"Uh..." Mike hesitated. "No."

"Well then stop staring." Jake snapped.

"Jake! Don't be rude!" Matt yelled at Jake.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Jake shouted at Matt.

"I swear to fucking god." Matt threatened.

"Guys!" Nazem Kadri shrieked at the two.

"Stop yelling! You're scaring me!" James van Riemsdyk exclaimed.

"Shut up James!" Matt, Jake, and Naz yelled at JvR.

"Why does everyone yell at me?!" JvR asked, starting to tear up. He hid his face in his cupped hands, trying to hide the tears that were starting to roll down his cheeks.

"Now look what you all did! You made Reemer cry... again!" Tyler Bozak beamed at Jake, Matt, and Naz.

"I'm sorry!" Naz apologized loudly over J-baby-R's crying.

"Me too." Matt added. Everyone looked at Jake.

"What?" Jake asked.

"Apologize!" Phil Kessel answered.

"No! He's such a fucking cry baby." Jake exclaimed.

"Jake!" Half the team snapped at Jake.

"What? He is!" Jake argued. "All he ever does is cry!"

JvR started to cry even more when he heard Jake say this.

"See!" Jake yelled.

"Jake you can't just fucking say that!" Matt shouted, hitting Jake's arm. "Now apologize!"

"Don't you fucking hit me, Matt!" Jake beamed. "How many times do I have to tell you that? And you don't tell me what to do!" By now the whole table was looking at the two.

"I'm sick of you telling me me what and what not to do!" Matt yelled, standing up. "I'm a part of this relationship, too, y'know!"

Jake stood up as well and got right in Matt's face. "I can tell you what to do all I damn well please!"

"Get out of my fucking face!" Matt yelled.

"Funny, that's not what you said last night, faggot!" Jake snapped back, not meaning to say that. Everyone went silent. The team looked at Jake confused.

Matt's face dropped. He couldn't believe that Jake had just said that to him. "I can't fucking believe you." Matt spat as he turned and stormed out of the building.

Everyone watched Matt leave then turned their attention to Jake. Jake was shell shocked. Did he really just say that? In front of all of his teammates? Did he just call his own boyfriend a faggot, even though he'd be one too? He felt awful.

Jake ran out the door after Matt. He looked around but couldn't see Matt anywhere.

"Matt?" Jake called out. Silence. "Matt?" He called out again, this time louder and more frantic. There was still silence. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed Matt's number. "Damn." He said as it went straight to voicemail. "Fucker turned his phone off."

Jake sat down on a bench that was in front of the restaurant. He sat there in silence, thinking about where Matt could have went. He sat there for a minute before he heard someone cough from around the corner of the building. Jake stood up and went to investigate.

Jake walked up to the corner, and slowly looked around it. He saw Matt sitting on the ground, his back against the wall and his face hid between his legs.

Jake approached Matt slowly. "Matt?" He asked when he reached him.

"Get the fuck away from me Jake." Matt yelled at the ground between his legs.

"Matt listen to me!" Jake pleaded.

"Why? So you can call me a faggot again?" Matt said between sobs. "All I am is a fucking faggot."

"Matt stop! I'm sorry, okay! I didn't mean to say that." Jake said, starting to choke up. "I was angry and you should know I never think before I say anything when I'm mad."

"Bull shit, Jake!" Matt yelled, crying even harder.

Jake sat down beside Matt. "You're not a faggot, okay?"

"Yes I am. And you are one, too." Matt argued stubbornly.

"I'm not a faggot, and you're not a faggot." Jake stated. "You're my boyfriend and I love you more than anything in the world. You mean everything to me and I'm so sorry for calling you that, Matt. I really am. I didn't mean to and if I could go back to that moment I would have never said that. I regret is so much and I feel horrible." Tears started falling down his face as he spoke.

Matt looked up at Jake. He had never once seen Jake cry before. It made him feel awful. "Jake please don't cry." He said, crying even more than before. "I'm sorry for making you angry and I shouldn't have hit you and all the times I've hit you and I shouldn't have started to yell at you but I just got sick of you treating me like that. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault Matt, it's mine. I should never have treated you so badly I'm so sorry Matt. I'm an awful boyfriend and I wouldn't blame you if you just got up and left me right now." Jake said to Matt.

"Jake you're the best boyfriend I could ever ask for don't you ever fucking say that about yourself ever again. Anybody would be lucky to have you and I for one sure as hell don't deserve a boyfriend as perfect as you." Matt stated. "I accept your apology and I would never just get up and leave you. Ever."

Jake put his arms around Matt and pulled him close. Matt rested his head on Jake's chest.

"I love you, Matt." Jake said after a few minutes of them silently sitting together.

"I love you, too, Jake." Matt replied.

They were just about to kiss when they heard someone come around the corner. It was Dion.

"I found them!" He shouted around the corner to a few other guys. "There you guys are." Dion said to Matt and Jake. "We've been looking everywhere for you two."

"Well you didn't look hard enough." Jake said. Matt laughed. "C'mon, let's go." Jake said to Matt and they stood up. Dion headed back around the corner and they followed close behind, sneaking in a quick kiss before holding hands and going around the corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
gah i love jatt so much wow so much conflict already oops jatt has problems in their relationship

\m/