‹ Prequel: Drop the Hammer
Status: im not crying there's just a ship in my eye

Young Lovers' Rage

Love Isn't Easy

Matt woke up the next morning to an empty bed. He rolled over expecting to see Jake but found only a bunch of messy sheets.

He sat up and looked around. He spotted Jake's cell phone sitting on the dresser so he knew he was still in the house. Jake never left without his phone. He was like a teenage girl that way.

"Jake?" Matt called out. No answer. He rolled over and got out of bed. He headed down the hallway to the bathroom. Matt heard the shower running and opened the bathroom door. "Jake?" He asked.

"Well who else would it be?" Jake replied. Matt smiled. Same old Jake, he thought.

"I don't know." Matt answered.

"Need anything?" Jake asked, poking his head out from the shower.

"No." Matt responded. "I woke up and you weren't in bed so I didn't know where you were."

"Jeeze, you're such a lost dog, Matt." Jake laughed.

Matt looked down at his feet. He always felt so needy. "Sorry." He replied.

"Matt, I'm kidding." Jake stated. "Come here."

Matt walked over the Jake.

Jake grabbed Matt's face with his wet hands. "I love you." Jake said. He gave Matt a light kiss on the lips.

"You're an ass." Matt said, wiping the water off his face. "But I love you, too."

Jake smiled at Matt and went back to his shower.

"Want some breakfast?" Matt asked before he left the bathroom.

Jake sighed. "As much as you can't cook, I'd love some."

"Rude." Matt responded as he turned and left the bathroom. He went into the kitchen and turned on the stove. He put a pan on it and took some eggs and a pack of bacon out of the fridge.

What Jake said was true, though. Matt couldn't cook. But that didn't stop him. Usually Jake cooked the meals for the two. He was much better at cooking than Matt was.

Matt scrambled the eggs, just the way Jake liked them. He cooked the bacon and poured them both a glass of orange juice. He put everything on plates and set them on the kitchen table.

Jake walked out. "Just in time." He said, sitting down at the table.

"I hope you like it. I made it the way you like it." Matt said sheepishly.

"It looks good." Jake admitted to Matt, which caused Matt to smile. "That's saying a lot since you made it."

Matt's face dropped and he glared at Jake. "Thanks." He mumbled.

Jake took a bite of the eggs. He chewed for a moment the stopped. "Hmm." He said as he swallowed.

"What?" Matt asked.

"These are actually really good." Jake told Matt as he took another bite.

Matt grinned widely. This was the first time that Jake had ever complimented his cooking.

The two sat in silence for the remainder of the meal. Matt finished first. He sat there and watched Jake eat the last of his bacon.

"Well?" He asked Jake once he finished.

"That was really good, Matt. Thank you." Jake replied.

"You're welcome, babe." Matt responded. He got up and collected the empty dishes and placed them in the sink.

Jake smiled simply at Matt. "So what are you going to do today?" He asked. Jake got up from the table and stood in the hallway entrance.

"I was thinking that we'd just stay home today and relax. Maybe rent a movie or something." Matt answered.

"Oh, well, I was going to go out to lunch to see an old friend of mine who is in town." Jake called out from their bedroom.

Matt frowned. He had really wanted to spend the day with Jake. "Oh... Okay. I was hoping we would hang out but it's whatever." He lied.

"I can cancel if you want? I can always reschedule." Jake offered.

"No, it's fine." Matt said. He walked over to the kitchen table and saw Jake's phone light up. One new message from "Alex"? He didn't know an Alex. Now normally Matt would have respected Jake's privacy, but he felt like he had to read the message.

He picked up Jake's phone and went to the message. He read it and was confused, so he decided to read the previous conversation.

Jake: Hey, we still going for lunch at 12:30?
Alex: You bet! :)
Jake: Good :) I was hoping you weren't going to cancel on me
Alex: Awe, Jake! I'd never cancel on you! I miss you! :)<3
Jake: I miss you, too <3
Alex: You better miss me ;)
Jake: I can't wait to see my favorite girl again ;)
Alex: I can't wait to see you either! It's been too long! ;)


Matt was shocked. He couldn't believe what he had just read. Jake was planning on meeting up with a... girl? He knew that Jake wouldn't do anything with her but he couldn't help but feel like crying.

Matt placed Jake's phone back on the table and looked at the time. 12:10 pm. Knowing Jake, he'd be leaving in a few minutes. He hates to be late.

Matt went into the living room and just as he sat down on the couch, Jake walked out. He was wearing the button-up plaid shirt that he and Matt had bought together. His hair was combed neatly, and there was a faint smell of cologne emanating from him. Matt could recognize that scent from anywhere. It was the cologne that Matt had bought him the day they went out and bought the matching shirts.

Matt found it hard to be upset at Jake when he looked so damn good.

Jake strolled over to Matt, who was staring at him.

"Well?" Jake asked. "How do I look?"

Matt faked a smile. "Amazing." He replied.

"Good." Jake responded. "Stand up."

Matt stood up and Jake snaked his arms around Matt's waist.

"Are you mad at me?" Jake asked Matt, looking him in the eye.

"No." Matt replied simply.

"Okay. I have to get going now. I promise when I get back we'll watch any movie you want." Jake told Matt.

"Alright." Matt responded. He tried to not sound too upset.

"I love you." Jake said, kissing Matt's lips then walking to the door.

"Love you, too." Matt mumbled as Jake shut the door behind him.

Matt stood looking at the ground for a few moments before collapsing back onto the couch. He let out a deep sigh before he felt a hot tear roll down his cheek.

-

Matt was laying miserably on the couch when he heard the door open. It was Jake finally coming home.

He glanced at the time on the Rogers box. It read 8:18 pm. Who goes to lunch for eight hours?

"You're finally home." Matt said bitterly to Jake, who was taking his jacket off.

"Yea, I didn't think I'd be so long." Jake replied.

Matt stood up and stalked over to Jake. "So, how was your little "date" with Alex?" Matt snapped, putting air quotes around "date".

Jake looked at Matt confused. "What?"

"Don't act stupid, Jake."

"Matt-" Jake started.

Matt interrupted him. "Who is Alex, eh?"

"She's just an old friend from uni." Jake replied.

"You mean girlfriend?" Matt questioned angrily.

"No!" Jake yelled quickly.

"Don't you dare lie to me, Jake!" Matt shouted.

"Alright, fine! Yes, we dated a bit but nothing more! We're just friends now!" Jake exclaimed, reaching his hand out to touch Matt's arm.

"Don't touch me!" Matt yelled at Jake, shoving him back.

"Jesus, Matt! Why are you so angry over this?" Jake asked. "You're so over-dramatic!

Matt was furious. "No, the question is why didn't you tell me you were meeting up with one of your ex-girlfriends?"

"I didn't think I needed to tell you every fucking detail of my life! God, you're so damn clingy!" Jake screamed.

That was the last straw. Matt took a slight step back then threw his fist at Jake. It hit him right on the side of his mouth.

Jake stumbled back into the front door. He put his hand to his lip and felt blood starting to ooze from his split lip. He stood cowering against the door. He knew there was more coming. Jake may be taller that Matt, but Matt was much stronger than him.

"I am not clingy!" Matt shouted at Jake. He pushed Jake's shoulders into the door hard. Matt wound up and struck Jake again. Jake yelped in pain. "I'm sorry for fucking caring!" Matt yelled as he hit him again. "Sorry for being worried because my fucking boyfriend went out to dinner with someone who he used to fuck!"

Jake tried to push Matt away but Matt only pushed him back harder. "Matt stop! Please!" Jake cried. "I'm sorry for not telling you okay!" He said choking on tears. "Just stop, please."

Matt exhaled deeply. "Fuck." He muttered. He pushed Jake one more time before finally walking away.

Jake crumpled to the floor a sobbing mess. He clutched the left side of his face and felt it swelling up. He looked at his blood-covered hand then up at the hallway.

"One day I'm going to fight back, and you wont like it!" Jake called out.

"Fuck you!" Matt shouted from the bedroom.

"That's right, Jake. Make it worse." Jake mumbled to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
god im sorry

matt is just an angry soul who takes his anger out on jake

i love jatt
and me
bye