‹ Prequel: Red Petals
Sequel: Final Curtain
Status: TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdj2NFsfkxk

Storm Brew

Chapter 3

Of all the times I've been in a bar or club where Nate was present things hadn't gone so well. The first time, Frederic and Nate went at it while I was strangled. The second time, Nate showed up and was pissed because I almost kissed a random guy—he dragged me away with me screaming all the clever curses I could come up with and the third, well... he was got super jealous. Aren't those enough reasons for me to be skeptical about hitting one in Richmond? I'd say so.

Nate wasn't taking 'no' for an answer—the only way he would relent was if I told him how I found him. Yeah, not happening. I needed the practice in front a mirror before confessing that face-to-face... So, once again, I found myself wearing that really short skirt and the top that exposed my navel. I was glad the cold had apparently been taken away by the storm.

Nate was wearing a tight shirt—three buttons undone—and light jeans. His necklace glinted with each swing the white red neon lights took at us. I was sweating from all the proximity to everyone else. As Nate's hands glided down my legs I was reminded of Derek—the last guy I'd danced with. There was no comparing this touch, to his. Nathaniel was all over me. He knew exactly where to touch—he didn't dance half-bad either. It wasn't like he'd breakdance, but he didn't just stand there while I danced around him, most guys did just that.

We were dancing to We found love from Rihanna. This was the kind of song Nate wouldn't listen to, looking at his face, though, I didn't think he minded. The arm I had locked behind his neck closed, propelling me closer.

"I thought you hated this type of music," I whispered loudly in his ear.

Both his hands kept me smacked into him.

"It depends what I'm doing," The deepness of his tone made a sigh escape my mouth. "And who I'm doing it with." I would've fallen onto the dance floor if it wasn't for his grip. I don't think his voice was ever that sensual.

My waist was seized by his hands—I wanted to kiss him, he wouldn't let me get close enough, teasing me by tipping his blond head away continuously. I ran my fingers down his navy shirt—feeling the abs underneath. My hair was everywhere—over my shoulders, sticking to my face, you named it—as we spun around following the crowd. Nate's fingers sunk into my left legs, softly. I squeezed his shoulders, my eyes followed the graceful movements on him, how Nathaniel's muscles rippled. I stood on my tiptoes pressing a kiss to his neck.

"Dirty dancing fan, are you?" I smirked at the taunt.

We bounced lightly, Nate's sexy-dangerous smirk invited me closer. I bit my lip going, leaning my forehead to his as he bent down. My hips swayed, arms tangled behind his neck—Nathaniel ravaged my mouth heatedly, leaving me no space to breathe. I had to hang on with all my might before... Somewhere along that disorienting kiss we'd shouldered everyone into a hallway—we were pressed up to one another so much I couldn't see beyond him. My hands worked on the remaining buttons, I wanted to yell at my fingers to stop. This was nuts—we were in the middle of a club! Nate's traveling hands made it all the more difficult, they'd reached my bra. I was locked into a wall, his body kept pushing itself onto me—my head spun with the lack of oxygen.

"Hmm," He moaned as my mouth got loose from his. Finally, I thought.

Nathaniel's golden complexion was shadowed by a redness that came from heat. I was sure my face was an exact replica—no, it was probably redder, since I was paler than him. I took my fair share of breaths, aquamarine eyes descended to his shirt. I'd been successful with unbuttoning two of them. Thank God I'd stopped on time. I felt my bra clasp, still in place. Good.

"What was that...?" I asked still winded.

Nate's eyes were looking drunken, only that couldn't be the case. We hadn't consumed anything, yet.

Both his palms were firmly placed on either side of me, it caused my back to hit the wall once again. The intensity of his gaze was... it gave me the sense Nathaniel was insatiable. It turned me on sending my spine ablaze, and it scared me a little too.

"Nate...?" I found myself calling when he showed to inclining of answering.

My gaze never left his, my hands moved to his chest. Nate broke a sensual, dazed grin.

"You drive me crazy, Melissa." My chin was caught between thumb and index finger. "If we were at our room..." I blushed as he whispered very, very naughty things. Things Anna would encourage—but I would like to take slow. Especially with Nate. He wasn't like Parker, he wasn't just physical.

I smiled shaking my head.

"Huh... no." I chuckled smacking his chest. "And we should be going."

He groaned rolling his eyes. Hmm, when did I become a buzz killer? Oh yeah, since we could be jumped by Order members, bounty hunter and God knows what more! I had just gotten Nate back, I was so not ready to lose him again, I didn't even want to take chances.

"We have to grab some drinks first," I did my best to disapprove. "You know you want it." His hands began reaching for mine, untangling my crossed arms. "Just a few drinks and then we're out of here—promise." His lower lip did its best to stuck out, pouting.

"Two drinks," I relented.

A new smirk swept the pout away.

"Two drinks."

Two drinks, ha! I thought steering us into the right direction. I couldn't even trust my own boyfriend to keep a promise that simple? When did he become so reckless with our—

"Not that way, that's a wall." I pulled on his arms forcing him to turn left where our room door was. "Stop—Nate." I warned searching for the key inside his jean's pockets. He was distracting me with nudges to my forehead—it was sweet, but right now I only recognized it as annoying, insistent and... "Stop!" I yelled losing patience. Startled his eyes blinked open and closed several times, though soon they were back to their half-lidded expression, a playful smile on his face. "I can't—" I don't know how but his finger found its way to my lips, he shushed me looking around.

"Hear that...? I think there are bee's in the walls..." He gasped a laugh.

I sighed deeply batting his finger.

"I think you drank too much." I retrieved the key plunging it into the hole. "Ah—come here Nate." I whispered taking two steps to grab his shoulders.

"What... don't you like honey...? Honey?"

I rolled my eyes guiding him to the couch that came into view as soon as people walked in. I turned to lock the door. Leaning my forehead into the door, I exhaled.

Nate was drunk. He'd drank way more than two drinks. Of course I couldn't just leave, he had the car keys. After he drained a Four Horseman I had to drag him outside, that was too much. Turning around I shook my head.

"Nate," I shook his shoulder. "Nate," I tried with more vigor.

He didn't move a muscle. I think... I crouched down and poked his head watching as it tumbled easily to the side.

He fell asleep.

"Some date," I muttered. "Guess the bed's all mine tonight." I mumbled doing my best to lay him in a more comfortable pose.

There was no way I was hoisting is limp body to bed. I hoped to never have to carry an unconscious Nathaniel. Once was enough, my shoulder didn't stop hurting for a week.

I took his shoes off, and then I ripped one comforter from bed so I could cover him. When I finished tucking him in—or trying to I didn't resist kneeling down in front of the couch.

Brushing a wavy strand from his forehead I leant in, placing a smooth kiss to his head. When I was ready for bed I made sure to leave the bedside light on in case Nate woke up during the night. I wouldn't want him to freak. I turned on my side.

I drunk one shot of vodka. One. I'd wanted to drink more, I'd wanted to drink like Nate had done—but then we'd both pass out. I didn't want to take unnecessary risks... and if getting drunk was one of those, I wouldn't do it. Nate's motive had been nice, but... that wasn't exactly what I'd call a date. It was more a night-out kind of thing. A date was going to a movie, dinner, picnic—stuff like that. I knew he didn't know those things but I loved that he tried.

I lifted my head looking over to the far off couch. There was no movement. Well, at least he was sleeping.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Yellow diamonds in the light
And we're standing side by side
As your shadow crosses mine

We found love in a hopeless place
We found love in a hopeless place
We found love in a hopeless place
We found love in a hopeless place
" - Rihanna

Nate got sloppy and has a lot to learn about dates. Comment :)