Status: Fin.

No One

No One

Izawa Riiko truly did have the worst luck in love.

I’m doomed to be alone forever, she thought solemnly, her chilly fingers wrapped loosely around the white mug of heated cocoa. Her dark eyes glanced outside of her apartment’s balcony door, gazing out at the night sky with little interest. She wasn’t quite sure about what to do with herself now. Soushi probably won’t be coming home tonight again.

Her boyfriend of almost a year, Asamoto Soushi, was having a fling with another woman. Much to her displeasure, she had discovered it was a woman from his workplace. Riiko had seen the other woman and it was obvious she was everything Riiko wasn’t and more – she was gorgeous, smart, and big-chested, which was just about everything that some men wanted in a partner. Riiko let out a humorless chuckle when she remembered how Soushi would refer to her as “tit-less” and how he supposedly loved her even if she was lacking in that department. Apparently there were just some things love couldn’t help with.

Sighing silently, she took a sip of the sweet, warm liquid, it washing over her taste buds and flowing down her throat, creating a melting sensation from within her. It was a feeling that she adored and enjoyed whenever it came upon her. It was that same feeling that she would experience whenever she was with Night, the figure whom she loved before receiving Soushi’s feelings.

Riiko smiled and placed a hand over her heart which seemed to emit a certain warmth at the thought of him. I miss him, she thought, tears beginning to brim her eyes as a painful lump swelled in her throat.

Her fingers began to play with the ring Night had given her as his vow to love her, and the tears flowed freely when she was reminded of the emotions they held that morning. It was the morning after they had made love for the first time.

He’d be so upset if he saw me right now. He’d probably throw a fit and take me away to cheer me up. Doing her best to rid her face of the wet streaks left by her tears, she shook her head and rose from the sofa she sat upon, looking around the room and partly wishing that Night would come through one of the doors, yelling her name with his usual enthusiasm.

She walked about the apartment as if searching for him, and when she couldn’t find him, she was heartbroken, slumping against the wall and becoming unable to stop the swell of emotions that were unleashed within her. Bringing up her knees to her chest, she buried her face into them to muffle the sobs. “Night!” She yelled his name through pained cries, hoping that he would come to her so they could be together again, so that she could be whole again.

“Riiko, don’t cry anymore,”

She could barely hear his soft voice over her cries, but she continued to grieve and let her emotions spill out, not fully believing her ears. The voice called over and over, begging and pleading for her to end her crying, though Riiko couldn’t even if she wanted to. It wasn’t until two warm hands ran through her hair and two thumbs wiped away the tears that she could see and realize her mind wasn’t playing dirty tricks on her.

Night stood before her in a regular t-shirt and jeans, his blond hair askew as usual and dark eyes glossy from seeing a shattered Riiko. What had happened while he was nonoperational?

“Night…?”

“Riiko, don’t cry anymore,” he persisted, wiping away more tears from her blotchy, stained cheeks. “You need to smile more.” Night gave a small smile to try and receive one from her, and in return, he got a hug.

“Night, is it really you?” Riiko whispered.

“Yes, it’s me, Riiko.”

More tears fell, but instead of them being from sorrow, they were from joy. “Night,” she sobbed. “You woke up. You woke up!”

“Yes, I woke up,” he breathed in her scent and smiled into her neck. This was most definitely his Riiko. “I woke up a few weeks ago. The company told me my hardware took some time to reboot and when I could remember everything, I came back.”

Riiko slowly began to calm down, and soon she was picked up and placed onto her feet. “I’ve missed you so much, Night.”

Night smiled and Riiko’s heart fluttered within her chest, though a grimace made its way upon Night’s face. “Soushi… is out with another woman.”

Her heart dropped when Night brought up Soushi and she stared down at her feet. “I know,” she whispered. “Night, please… let’s go. I wanna leave here. Soushi doesn’t make me as happy as you do.”

Night’s frown left and he nodded. “I love you, Riiko.”

“I love you, too, Night.” She sighed. “You won’t leave me for another person, will you?” Riiko blushed as she inquired this of Night, part of her felt it was a stupid question, but after being betrayed by Soushi, there was another part of her that felt like anything could happen.

“I can see no one but you… There’s no one but you.” Night leaned down and stole her thin pink lips with his own, and Riiko could only smile as they soon began their new life together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Pretty much how I feel about this one-shot. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this. Please comment and recommend if possible! Thank you!