Status: You don’t know what it’s like to not know who your parents are, and then find out, and find out why people always avoided the topic of them, you find out what you are, and realize that you wish that you never knew who or what you were ~Eleniel All rights go to J.R.R Tolkien

Falling in Love With a Necromancer...

How Could You?!

I walked back out to find the dwarves packing, and I felt everyone’s eyes turn to me. I guess that because I was wearing all black, it did seem a bit strange. “We are leaving already?” I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

“Yes…” Bofur smiled.

“I…um…I’m going to go outside…I won’t go far…” I said, reassuringly. I walked outside, and thankfully no one was following me. As soon as I was out of sight for everyone, I opened up my wings, and I took to the sky. I loved the breeze against my face, and how good it felt to be in the air, and then I remembered why I was like this. I flew around for a little while, before setting back down again. I made it look like I came back from the woods. The dwarves had finished packing, and they were all sleeping. I snuck to my usual place in front of the fire, and to my surprise, I saw Kili and Gandalf sitting there.

“Ah…Eleniel…we were just talking about you…” Gandalf said. My eyes widened slightly.

“What about?” I asked.

“Kili had asked why the sudden change in color for you, and I told him many a things, but he saw right through it. I had to tell him…I am sorry, Eleniel…”

WHAT!? He could tell Kili when he asked, but he told me about 15 years later! What is this!?

“What!? You told him, after he asked a few times, and after I had asked many a times, you never told me until 15 years later! Gandalf how could you?! I trusted you for so long, and you never told me, of who my true parents were, or what I was!” I ended there. I was just so angry with Gandalf.

“I’ll leave you two then…” Gandalf muttered under his breath, before leaving. I had tears of betrayal, and anger streaming down my face, I turned on my heels, and I walked outside, and onto the porch. I was about to open my wings, and fly away, but I felt a hand grab my own, and Kili spun me around.

“Whoa there, where do you think you’re going?” He said.

“Away…” I answered.

“Why? Eleniel, I’m the only other one who knows…”

“What happens if the others start cluing in on it? About the staff that I have to carry? Why I have to wear black all the time? Why I am like this all of a sudden? Kili, no one else was supposed to know! No one! I can’t believe that Gandalf told you what I am, after a few questions!? It took him 15 years to tell me what I was! And he told you in a few minutes! I just…I can’t stay here…”

“But…”

“I’M WHAT HE WANTS KILI! I…I’m what the Necromancer wants. He needs another Necromancer, and I am the last one…” My voice growing gradually quieter, until it was nothing but a whisper, and my voice began to break up. Kili wrapped his arms around me, and he held me close. As soon as my head hit his chest, I broke out in sobs, as he rubbed my back soothingly.

“It’s okay, we’re all going to be okay, and everyone will know when it is their time to know…” I nodded, into his chest.

“You ready to go to bed, my love? For we have a busy day tomorrow…” I yawned, and I nodded.

Keeping an arm around me, we walked back into the house, as I shut the door with my foot. We sat down in front of the fire, and it felt comforting.

Kili turned to me, “Why didn’t you want me to find out that you were a Necromancer…?” He asked, seriously.

“I didn’t know what you would say, or how you would react…I was just scared to say anything…” I said, looking at the ground. He sighed, and he took my hand in his own, and our fingers intertwined.

“I wouldn’t care…You’re you…and I love you no matter what…” I blushed madly.

“I love you too…” I smiled, as he planted a kiss on my lips. I smiled as the kiss deepened, as it did in Rivendell, when he told me that he loved me. He broke away from me, and he smiled, as he touched the side of my face.

“You look beautiful…” I rolled my eyes, but I blushed.

“Goodnight, love…” Kili said, planting one last kiss on my lips, and he wrapped his arms around me, and we both lay beside one another on the mat.

“Good night Kili…” I said before falling asleep.