Silent Treatment

Prologue- Doctors Visit

“When was the last time the girl talked?”

The woman clasped her hands together. She tried to swallow but couldn’t find it possible. Looking down she replied, “It has been about 3 years.”

The doctor wrote something down on his notepad and locked eyes with the woman. “And you believe the reason was because of the ‘accident’ Am I right?”

“Yes.”

“Now would you please tell me what exactly happened at this ‘accident’?”
The woman looked up and nodded. “Like I said, it was 3 years ago. I dropped Kylie off at school and went back home. Later in the day, after I woke up, I turned on the TV. It was on CNN and-and I saw my daughters middle school. The news anchor was saying that 5 High school kids were in there with guns holding hostages and I freaked I began to call my family, and the ones who could came immediately. In an act of despair some of my family members and I went down to the middle school it was a horrible experience.” The woman stopped for a few second trying not to cry.

The doctor was quiet in his seat writing down things. The woman took a deep breath and began to tell her story again. “So when we got there we saw many cars parents crying and hugging each other. I saw TV reporters and cameras people screaming sobbing I still get goose bumps just thinking about it. It was like a scene from a movie. I-I still couldn’t believe this was happening. I was praying that my daughter was okay. She was only 14 at the time. I know kids think they are so grown up, but they are still kids!” The woman screamed, the doctor just nodded as if not to ruin her process of telling the story.

“There was a bomb explosion in one of the schools bathrooms and nobody was hurt, of course we did not know this at the time, I fell to my knees crying and screaming ‘MY BABY!’. At that precise moment almost all the kids came running out of classrooms, the auditorium, the gym and all of the other places that they were hiding. As soon as the kids came out running they hugged their parents and sobbed. I eyed the whole place for Kylie but we did not see her. Then very slowly she came out, of course a police officer grabbed her and carried her over to the safety zone. I ran to her, she looked shocked, scared, petrified. She was holding a small camera and handed it to the officer saying, ‘here from the b-‘ then she blanked out completely Little did I know those were the last words she would ever speak.” The woman looked into space a tear falling down her cheeck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading this. =D I got an idea for a story and I wrote it down then I began to develope it. (Like I always do even if I just write a paragraph or two XD)