‹ Prequel: Sweet Nothing

Hooked

There are people out there who are hated by most, and it’s hard for them to understand when someone actually does care about them. It’s so much easier to play the bad guy, especially when it’s a never-ending role. It becomes a habit after repetitive occurrences, until they can no longer see the good in themselves.

But how is it that someone else can see it? Or at the very least, believe that goodness actually exists in someone who lost sight of it themselves so long ago?

And then there are the people who are clearly good, though they make foolish choices. They give up things that are important to themselves in the hopes of receiving something they place a higher value on. But giving up a part of who you are shouldn’t be so easy.

It isn’t until you choose a new path in life that you realize things about yourself that you never realized before. That you don’t always need to be the bad guy or that your self-worth is much greater than the things you think you want.

You see, Ariel thought giving up everything for the man of her dreams was the best option. She dreamed of leaving the sea, getting legs, and falling happily ever after into the arms of her prince. Of course, things couldn’t ever be that simple.

Killian Jones, or Hook as most people knew him, only cared about one thing: revenge. Revenge for the life of the woman he loved and the hand that was taken from him.

Ariel and Hook both had what they wanted in their sights, but sometimes what you want is not all it’s cracked up to be. Things change, you meet new people, you find the truth.