‹ Prequel: Sweet Nothing

Hooked

Look right through me, look right through me

There goes Ariel, the town idiot. She knew no one except her was thinking that. She would actually be surprised if anyone in Storybrooke even knew her name. She just wasn’t one to go out in town very often, and when she did she wasn’t there for long. She preferred the comfort of her little apartment. It was cozy and there was no one there to hurt her.

She surprised herself when she ended up staying out, just sitting at the end of the dock in the local marina. Of course, not too long ago things changed. Memories she hadn’t known she had had returned to her. Suddenly she was remembering a life in the ocean, a handsome prince, and an evil sorceress of the deep. She ran her hands over her legs, remembering the feel of scales beneath her hands. It was hard to imagine that she was once a mermaid; that now she walked on land, in a town that was definitely not her own.

She turned her head suddenly as she heard approaching footsteps, taking in the sight of a man with dark eyes. Her eyes traveled quickly, taking in the stubble on his face and then the hook that was where another hand should be.

“Now someone as pretty as you should not look so sad,” he said. She couldn’t help but instantly like the sound of his voice. It was unfortunate that he had to flash her a lecherous smirk. She rolled her eyes and looked away. “Cat got your tongue?”

Why was this man talking to her? She ignored him, hoping he’d just go away, which after a minute she finally heard the sound of his retreating footsteps. She turned her head carefully to watch him walk away, heading to the edge of the dock where there appeared to be nothing there. She watched as he hesitated, preparing to step onto a set of stairs that couldn’t possibly be there. As she saw his head turning, she looked away quickly, hoping the mysterious stranger wouldn’t notice that she had been staring. When she turned back around a moment later though, he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
And now a short introduction to Ariel! I'm thinking Ariel story line is going to be a bit different from what was portrayed in the Disney movie.

Hopefully the next update will be longer. I'm working on it now so you may not have to wait long for it. I'm really excited about this story.

~Sally

[Chapter title credit: Mad World - Gary Jules]

I almost forgot, but I have to give a huge shoutout to GreenEyedMoon who had suggested using Ariel as the female character in this story! Thank you so much!!