Status: Complete

I Will Get Lost Into Your Eyes

Worldwide Emergency

"Oh for heaven's sake Florence! You will absolutely not, I forbid you. You're not well." I looked at my mum, she was shaking her head. I knew she would not agree with me unless I got my doctor to tell her for me. So I clicked the button to the nurses' station to call my doctor in.

"Is there anything I can help you with Florence?" A nurse asked in the intercom.

"Can my doctor please come in immediately to talk to me?"

"Sure. Right away." As the intercom clicked off my doctor walked in.

"Hello Florence, glad to see you awake. I'm Doctor Smith, what do you need?"

"I was wondering when I could leave?"

"First thing tomorrow morning. We just want to keep you here overnight for safety precautions," Doctor Smith explained, examining the clipboard at the end of my bed.

"See mum, I'm fine."

"But Doctor Smith, look at that bump on my daughters head. She's not ready to go home tomorrow!" My mum called out, pointing over to my head.

"Mrs. Bursnell your daughter is just fine. You may go home; your daughter needs plenty of rest for tomorrow morning."

"Okay then. But Florence are you going to be okay if I leave you here alone tonight?"

"Yes mum."

"If you need anything else Florence, just buzz for me again," Doctor Smith looked over at me and I nodded as he left my hospital room.

"Okay, I'll be off. And I'll bring some new clothes for you tomorrow morning," My mum explained looking over at me. "Goodbye," She continued, she reached down and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodbye mum," I said watching her slowly leave my hospital room.

It was quiet now, except for the loud ticking of the clock on the wall that told me it was 9:31 PM. I could not believe that I was unconscious for that long; I guess I did get hit pretty hard. As the ticking continued and became unnoticeable, I turned on the television to create some noise. When the picture flickered on an emergency weather report on the BBC came on.

"Good day everyone this is your chief meteorologist, Matt Taylor, of Bristol with a worldwide emergency weather report. And as you may have experienced this morning, we had the largest ever hail storm since 1970."