Status: This is based on the 2012 TMNT so just be aware of that everyone!

Ninja Stars

Chapter 6

Walking along the platform of the sewers, my hand dug into my pocket, as a random song started bursting from my phone like a megaphone. The colour red started flashing from my phone, and a picture of a certain blonde girl, over sized sunglasses perched high on her nose,was the picture.

I grinned happily and, deepening my voice while I turned the corner and climbed the ladder, bellowed, "Helga's house of strippers, you pick 'em, we strip 'em. Helga speaking."

An exasperated sigh was drawn out through the speakers. "Hiya Onyx. Stop being do weird."

"Aw, but it's fun, Mackie."

"You know I hate South Park."

"Mackie D's"

"Onyx...

"Mack-a-tron."

"Onyx."

Stopping in the alley way, just as I passed April's car shoved in the tight space, I crossed my arms in mid-air. "OPPA MACKIE STYLE!"

"Onyx! I will seriously rip your head off and feed it to Oliver's cat!" shouted the thick British accent, making me shut up. I heard small giggles in the background of the phone, already noticing that one of the boy's was currently listening in on our conversation.

Pedo-bear's.

"But Pedro can't eat Onyx's head," screamed a scared voice. I giggled and let the intense shouting drift away into the background. New York's busy streets pulled me away from my friends arguing and back into it's magnetic and illusion-like world.

The street level of new York was mayhem. Busy passers-by bumbled past, mostly men and women with briefcases, using them as weapons against the other people walking past. Yellow taxi's and old, smoking cars were stuck in insane traffic, nothing like the traffic you'd see in normal England. My eyes traveled up the length of the buildings, seeing the setting sun reflect against the windows, casting shimmers of light across the walls beneath them.

As others pushed and crashed past me, My eyes were directed to the sky. New York was gorgeous at night. The two things that were different between America and England, was that we never had such gorgeous sun sets, even if it was a bit too early for a sunset. I briefly wondered if I'd slept in later than I thought.

Purple graced the edges of orange, reaching out like branches in the wind. Orange spread across the sky, which was once a milky blue to a dark, terrifying blue. The sun shone and shimmered over the sky-scrapers, making everything it touched a beautiful golden brown.

"Onyx? WAKE UP, YOU BUM!"

I blinked and looked away from the colourful sky, stopping at a cross road between the maze of cars. This was the first cross roads I'd seen actually in New York.

"I'm convinced that when squirrels run across the road and miss us, it's some part of a squirrel gang initiation." I announced, a thin line placed on my face. The elderly man next to me, raised one eyebrow. "O-oh my god, sir I am s-so sorry! Please don't think I'm weird I-"

"Relax, girl," he croaked, his thin lips pulling up into a wobbly smile. "My wife is like that most days. You remind me of her." I grinned at him kindly and pointed towards the light that switched to a bright, fluorescent green.

"Have a nice day, sir."

He chuckled, and nodded at me, "You too, girl." with that, all i could hear were the sounds of his cane and feet padding across the road. My eyes watched him warily, making sure he didn't get in harm's way until he reached the post office across the road.

I sighed when I could hear the echoing laughter still on the phone. "What the bloody hell was so funny?"

"I-I," gasped Mackenzie, wheezing with the effort to speak through her laughs. I crossed the street, still holding the small device against my ear. "I had y-you on speaker and...oh god, everybody heard."

Oh dear God.

My cheeks flamed and I thanked God that they couldn't see me.

"Whatever guys, talk soon. I gotta get some art supplies."

"Aw, Nyx..." cooed Jon, after the crackling sound had disappeared. A rude New Yorker rammed into my shoulder, and then shouted a swear over the rumble of traffic towards me. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. "Did we offend you, boo?"

"Jon, sometimes when I see you, I wanna hit you with a baseball bat. Then maybe your face would look better," I barked, a twisted smile escaping onto my face. "And don't, call me boo."

"Aw Hell no! Take that Johnny Smith! My little girl has skill on you!" roared Oliver from the background. I burst out laughing at his bad impression of Will Smith, and using Jon's nickname.

"Guys, I got to go. I'll talk later though, I found the art shop." I divulged, looking into the glass doorway of 'The Hobby Hut' with a grin. "See ya'll back in England, loves. You're skyping me when I get a damned laptop."

"'Kay. see ya' boo."

"Shut up, Jon," I teased, a taunting edge to my voice. I heard my three best friends, back across the pond, laugh. "See ya' Hacker."

"Bye Nyx. Pedro says 'Hi!'"

I giggled into the phone, crossing the less-covered street, watching out for a speeding taxi. "Tell my baby I miss him. Bye Oli!"

"Hey!" growled an agitated female voice. I giggled at her as I pushed through the door of the shop. "Do i get a goodbye?"

"No." I said plainly, and then gave a chuckle. "Bye Mack, talk soon love."

"Bye Onyx." hearing the ending dial tone ring out, I shut off the phone. Looking around the store, I grinned. The store was in sections, easel's and brushes in one corner, shelves of beads and paint and glitter ran across the walls, with stationary lined against them.

A clear white staircase rose towards a balcony, with extra sets of card stationary, masks and notebooks.

I swear I was in heaven.

Sitting on the stool next to the easel, I realized it folded easily. Digging into my pocket, I pulled out the american flag purse I carried with me everywhere, stocked with American dollars.

"Having fun, sweetie?" mused a tired voice. Spinning around, eyes wide, an old lady with curled, slight grey hair, smiled down at me. Her dark green eyes were sunken in and aging lines crinkled slightly. She looked younger than she should've.

I smiled sweetly towards her. "I love art. Especially easels." I confessed, turning to pet the smooth wood of the easel. The older woman smiled at me and put a finger up towards me.

I smiled at her as she disappeared through the doors behind her desk at the back of the store. Standing up from the stool, I stood in front of the small notebooks, flicking through a large bare one.

The door opened to the front of the store momentarily. Flicking my head towards the door, surprise cast over my face at the recognition of the old man, now carrying two coffees.

I waved my fingers towards him, earning a nod of approval. He walked towards me, until the older woman beat him too me.

"Well sweetie, I have an a-"

The old man tapped the woman's shoulder. "Hello love," he said gently, love actually in his voice as he pressed his lips to her cheek. "Nice day?"

"Walter," she clucked playfully, tapping her hand gently against his chest. "I have a guest. But thanks, Love." she placed a kiss on his cheek and took one of the coffees gratefully. 'Walter' left again, nodding towards me.

"Silly coot. Anyways," commented the woman, her bright green eyes shining with promise. "I want to show you a custom-made easel. I understand your stocking up?"

I spent most of the day in that art shop.

Snapping open my phone, I dialed April's number that she'd given me before she left a few days ago.

"Who wants me?" asked a tired and grouchy voice making me laugh. "No really, who is this? Mikey, are you pr-"

"No, it's Lucy Pevensie from Narnia, I ask of your assistance oh great and humble Obi Wan."

I heard a sigh, though amusement followed in her voice. "Hey Onyx, you OK?"

"No," I made a 'pfft' sound. "I'm dead, red. OH GOD, I RHYMED! Anyways, can you pick me up? I got loads of art supplies, and...OK, I'm just asking if I can use your car to pack up my obsession. PLEASE!?"

I heard her laugh from the other end of the phone. I told her the address and soon, in minutes, her old, beat-up truck rumbled down the road, screeching to a stop. She grinned at me, puffing away some red curls.

"Hiya Red."

"Hi Nyx. Need help?"

Shoving the three bags and easel into the flat-bed at the back of the truck, securing it down. I threw April a look. "I'm a ninja. I can handle it."

She rolled her eyes and gestured into the seat. "Sit down and move."

I put two fingers to my forehead in salute. "Aye Aye captain, though I must say," I proclaimed, wobbling as I stepped into the truck at my height. "Dora has much more freedom at the age of six then I do right now."

"Oh God."

--
♠ ♠ ♠
Author's note: Hey guys, hoped you liked this. This is just a filler chapter to show you what interests Nyx mostly and...well, how random she acts most days.

I don't even know where the squirrel thing came from.

I'm so sorry for being so stupid. Sayonara! - S x