Know Your Enemy

Harlow

I woke up the next morning feeling awfully giddy. It was not like me at all. I tried to shake the butterflies from my stomach as I made my way into the school, but it was not working. Just knowing I was going to see Harry at least some time during the day made my stomach do back flips. I made my way to my locker where Louis was posted, trying to look cool, but failing miserably.

“You look so awkward. Stop,” I laughed, and he glared at me.

“Good morning to you, too, sunshine,” he scoffed.

I smiled, shaking my head as I opened up my locker. “So how are you on this lovely morning?” he asked. I bit my lower lip and looked at him. His eyebrows shot up. “Tell me.”

But before I could tell him, I glanced over my shoulder, and it was like a scene from a cheesy high school movie. Harry was walking down the hallway towards me, and everything seemed to be in slow motion. He laughed at something someone said, and then his eyes landed on me, a certain spark igniting in those green orbs. He smiled, but he walked right by me.

I watched, stunned, as he continued down the hallway. Louis looked from me to him and then back to me.

“Um,” was all he said, and I slammed my locker shut. A scowl replaced my nervous smile, and I started to walk towards my first class.

“Harlow, what just happened?” Louis asked as he ran to catch up to my fast pace.

I shook my head and opened the door to my class. “Tell you later,” I yelled over my shoulder as I stormed into class. I got a confused look from my teacher, but I shrugged him off. I am not in the mood, I thought.

As class started, I could not pay attention. I kissed him. I’m so confused. You don’t just not say anything to someone after that. I mumbled to myself, and my teacher shot me a warning look. I rolled my eyes and picked up my pen, pretending to take notes. Harlow Marks was not treated like that, and it was not about to start because some pretty boy thought he could mess with her.

Image


“She wigged out on me for coming home late. She’s never done that before.” I paced back in forth in my room as Louis laid on my bed, playing with my stuffed animals.

“Maybe you guys might stay here longer. Maybe this time’s different, and she wants to be different.” He turned to stare at me as I continued to pace around my room. I sighed and dropped down on the bed at his feet.

“Well, she’s being ridiculous,” I huffed.

Louis leaned up and put a hand on my shoulder. “It will be okay, Harlow. Don’t worry about it. Now what happened with Styles?”

My face turned into a grimace at just the thought of him. “I don’t understand how can you just kiss someone and then not speak to them.” My fists tightened. The whole thing was awfully frustrating.

Louis sighed. “Harlow, Styles is not a smart cookie. He’s really dumb and ends up screwing most of his relationships over because of his stupidity. Sure, he’s smooth, but the guy sucks in the relationship department.” I looked at Louis and he shrugged. “I know it’s not the answer you want to hear, but it’s the answer I got.”

“Thanks, Lou, but I just want to be left alone. It’s been a stressful day…actually, make that weekend.” Louis nodded and got up from my bed.

“Keep your head up, babe,” he whispered.

I rolled my eyes and laid back down on my bed, and he shut the door. Sucks in the relationship department. I sighed just thinking of the whole thing. First, the fight between Clara and Lana, and now this? I was so not ready for this when we moved here.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHH! Sorry for the long period of no new updates, all my fault:( But here's something, I hope you guys like it!