Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 1

Life holds many unexpected turns. Sometimes we may not like them but as I've come to learn over the years, everything happens for a reason. That was why I, on this lovely sunny warm summer afternoon, could be found staring at a note taped on my apartment door. Apparently my evil landlord, Mrs. Smithson, wanted to renovate all of the apartments in the building, which meant, according to the note, I had two weeks to move out. Two weeks to find another apartment. Two weeks to find a second job that would pay for another apartment. I always knew why the apartments here needed renovating seeing as they were practically dead looking, but finding one cheaper in San Diego would be near impossible. The tears started falling and I found myself wandering down the street to my job at Starbucks for a refreshing cup of coffee to try and calm me down. Typical, I know. Why did I not have an interesting job? Something that would pay better money? The answers to those questions baffled me just as much as I am sure they baffled you. But seeing as you, the reader know nothing about me that would not come as a big surprise I'm sure.

The name I was born with just so happens to be Katelyn Celeste Zellmer. The only time I hear that name is when I've done something wrong though. Everyone typically calls me Katie or Kate. I'm your average 22 year old young woman trying to make it in the world. I can be found standing at 5 feet 5 inches tall and am for the most part very slender. My hair reaches my shoulders and is a striking shade of natural strawberry-blonde that is rare to come by these days. The tips of them however are a vivid bright blue. My eyes match my hair and maintain a piercing shade of blue that I seem to have gotten from my grandfather. Piercings are not too common on this body though. The ears are done twice and I happen to have my nose on my right side done but that's about it. As for tattoos I only have two. One adorns my lower back and is a simple heart made of barbed wire. The second one can be found on my ankle and is a Japanese Kanji that means "forever". Now don't go assuming I am just following the latest trend of Japanese items because I, unlike many, have a special connection to the Japanese culture. But you will find out about that later on. And before you guess... no I am not in any way Japanese. Just your typical Californian.

As for the job problem, you would think having a degree in music recording would account for something right? Probably in Los Angeles but not in San Diego. The music scene simply wasn’t big enough here and I didn’t have enough money to move to LA. Hence the reason I am still stuck here. I mean don’t get me wrong I absolutely love San Diego with all my heart, but it just doesn’t feel like home to me. Growing up I was a military brat so moving a lot is normal to me. My family and I are very tight knit but they are currently living in Japan, the very same place I lived for my high school years and graduated from. I guess with all the moving I just haven’t found a place that I consider to be home.

Home… that one word was enough to make my tears spill again as I walked through the glass door to Starbucks.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this story is still posted on Quizilla... but i hope you guys like it! i have a total of 33 chapters so far and im still writing more haha.