Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 10

By mid afternoon most of my stuff was packed up in boxes with the exception of my bedroom. I hadn’t allowed the guys to go near there yet seeing as I still had to get a few things out for myself to use for the next few days. Matt and Jimmy had gone off to pick up some lunch for us about fifteen minutes ago and had yet to return. Zacky, Brian and Johnny on the other hand were all in the living room watching tv while I had made my way to my room to try and figure out what all I would need to keep out. I had just reached in my closet to pull out my dark blue dufflebag to put everything in when I heard a soft knock on my door. Peering out I saw Zacky was now entering my room and he sat on my bed as I came back out with my bag.

“Mind if I help you? Syn and Johnny were too boring for me.” he said with a slight laugh as he looked at me with hopeful eyes.

“Sure. I just need to get clothes out for a few days so I can pack the rest. Normally I wouldn’t let a guy twenty feet near my closet especially when it comes to picking out clothes but I guess this time its ok.” I smiled at him. I didn’t have too much to be scared of. It’s really only dangerous when you let them near your lingerie drawer.

“You have a really cool room by the way.” He said while he looked around. My room wasn’t the greatest but I had made it mine. The walls were an off-white color and they were covered with posters of bands and surfing things. I hated having a central theme so I just decided to put whatever up. It suits me perfectly.

“Woah! You play guitar too? Why didn’t you mention that to us yesterday?” he asked while looking over at my blue and green Fernandez electric guitar. It really wasn’t anything special but I loved it to pieces. When I lived in Japan my friend taught me how to play. I would go over to his house everyday after school and he would teach me. I haven’t stopped playing since.

“Yeah I play. I’m not very good though. That’s why I didn’t say anything. You guys are so incredible and I pretty much suck.” I said while laughing.

He looked at me with a smile.

“Well I guess I’ll have to help you out some then. I have a studio in my basement so it’ll be fun. It’s got plenty of practice space.” He had since picked up the guitar and was strumming it when we heard the call from the next room that lunch was here. I headed for the doorway and looked back at Zacky to see if he was coming too when he said that he’d be right out. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my sandwich from Matt, pulled out a Coke from the fridge and sat down at the table to eat along with the other guys who were already chowing down.

As I was about to take a bite I looked up and saw Zacky standing in the doorway with that well-known smirk on his face. Oh what had he done now? Looking at me he pulled his hand around from his back and was holding one of my bright blue lacy thongs around his finger.

“So Katie, since we’re going to be living together, do I get to see this on you sometime?” he said while smirking at me.

Oh my gosh. Someone kill me now. The guys snickered at Zacky’s comment while I on the other hand flew out of my chair, grabbed the thong out of his hand, and stormed to my room were I proceeded to stuff the garment back in my drawer. I walked back to the kitchen and glared at Zacky who had since taken my seat at the table.

“I can’t believe you did that!!! I leave you alone for three seconds and you go through my drawer! I should have known.” I muttered while shaking me head.

“Well you did tell me I could help you pack. You never specified what I could pull out.” He said while laughing.

“You’re just lucky I find this somewhat funny and haven’t slapped you yet. Now give me my seat back.” I demanded and he could tell I wasn’t joking. He got up and moved to the other empty chair while I sat back down and took another bite of my sandwich. I was still slightly embarrassed and I guess my cheek color showed that.

“Don’t be embarrassed. We’re used to this kind of stuff.” Matt said while winking at me. “Just another lovely trait of Zacky V you have to get used to.”

“Oh joy. I get to live with a guy who goes through my clothes. How lovely.” I said while rolling my eyes and taking another bite of my sandwich. When I had finished I threw my trash away and downed the rest of my soda before heading back into my room. A minute or two later the rest of the guys piled in as well.

“So…” Zacky started while making his way back over to my dresser.

“Oh no you don’t! Once is enough for you today I think.” I had moved in between him and the dresser as he laughed and went back over to my guitar to pack it up for me. I turned to my closet and pulled out a pair of jeans along with a few shirts before stuffing them in my bag. I then pulled out all the undergarments I would need and quickly put them in there as well but not before receiving a whistle from Zacky who had been watching me. I figured I would leave my make-up and stuff out anyway since I would need it tomorrow.

An hour or so later I surveyed my room. It looked so sad now. The walls were bare and the floor contained a few boxes that were taped shut. It was rather depressing if you ask me.
The guys had insisted that I stay the night with them again since my house was so bare. They said that the hotel had a pool and they were planning on ordering drinks and taking them down there. They had reserved it for only them after hours I guess. Perks of being a rockstar? I think so. The guys have to head back tomorrow morning and I would be going with them but I have to quit my job and finish everything concerning my apartment so I’ve got to stay here. So I guess they thought this would be a good way to end the weekend, by having me with them again.

“Zacky!!!! Put me down!” I squealed, yes squealed, as he ran towards the pool with me in his arms. We had been chilling poolside for a few hours now I knew where this was headed… and let me tell you I didn’t like it one bit. He stood over the edge of the pool dangling me above the water while he smirked. I desperately tried to cling to him so I wouldn’t fall but it was a useless attempt.

“Tell me one reason why I shouldn’t let you go.” He said with his eyebrows raised. Damn did he look sexy when he did that.

“Umm well because you love me and would never want to do anything that would cause me pain and discomfort?” I asked while smiling hopefully up at him.

Leaning down to my ear, he whispered “Oh but there is so much I would love to do to you that could potentially cause you pain and discomfort if you know what I mean.” My eyes were the size of quarters after he said that but it didn’t last for long because I was suddenly shutting them to keep from getting water in them. That bastard had dropped me! When I re-surfaced all I could see was my blue hair in my face and I was met with the ringing of laughter in the air. I climbed out of the pool and approached Zacky in his lounge chair and shook some extra water off on him before I sat in my own chair and tried to dry off with my towel.

“Hey guys I think I’m going to head upstairs and shower. I’m getting really tired. Can I snag someone’s room key?” I grinned while walking over to Brian. I held my hand out and he placed the keycard in my hand.

“Thank ya doll.” I said with a grin and headed over to the door and towards the elevator. I was once again staying with Brian and Zacky and I’m sure the sleeping arrangements would be the same this time around as well. Not that I was complaining any mind you.
Half an hour later I was showered and in my pjs in bed and the guys had yet to return still. They had all had plenty of drinks so I just hope they would make it up here ok. I was the only one to remain sober and yet I was also the only one upstairs in bed.

While I was laying there I began thinking of what Huntington Beach might have in store for me. The beaches, clubs, bars, shopping, all that good stuff. And I was sure that living with Zacky would be a very interesting experience for me. I could feel my eyes drifting closed and the last image in my mind was Zacky’s infamous smirk before they slid shut and I was out for the night.