Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 11

Monday just seemed like a huge blur to me. The guys had dropped me off at my apartment that morning and picked up some of my stuff to take back with them. Johnny had offered to stay with me since he didn’t have anything to do back at home but I shooed him with the others telling him I’d be alright for one day. He came to the conclusion that he could help Zacky get the house ready for me.

I spent the day just going to friends houses telling them I was leaving, I went and quit my job and got my final pay check, and I called my parents to tell them about me moving. They were pretty excited I had a new job lined up and even a place to stay, even though it was with a guy.

Afternoon came and I spent most of it down at the beach on my silver Razr phone talking to my best friend in Hawaii. I loved to have phone conversations down at the beach. It always relaxed me. I could be beyond stressed and the beach would somehow make me forget about it all.

”Will, trust me! I’ll be fine with them. Somehow I don’t think Zacky is going to rape and murder me in my sleep.” A small laugh came out of my mouth and I could tell he was still unconvinced. Yes, my best friend was also a guy. He and I had been like brother and sister since high school in Japan. He now lived in Hawaii but he did come out to visit me when he could.

”I just want to make sure. You know I get protective of you sometimes. So tell me more about these guys. You said they are in a band, which band? Is it one I know?” he flooded me with more questions.

Smirking I planned out my reply carefully.

”Well, you know that band that your friend Craig went to see awhile back? The one that you wanted to go to but weren’t going to be home for it? Umm yeah it’s that band.”

I heard a clank and it wounded like he had dropped the phone on me. I could hear him scrambling to pick up the phone and when he got it back up to his ear he practically started yelling at me.

”Holy shit!!! You’ve living and working with Avenged Sevenfold? Damn now I really have to come visit you more often. I can’t believe it! You are one lucky chick.” By the way he said it I could tell his eyes were wide and he was still trying to figure it all out.

We talked for what felt like forever and finally I noticed the sun was starting to set. I stood up from my spot on the sand and headed towards where my car was parked. I hadn’t brought anything with me, just my wallet, cell phone, and car keys. I just needed to get away and not worry about anything.

”Hey Will I’ve got to go. I need to finish making sure everything’s in place for tomorrow. Wow I can’t believe I’m actually moving. It all seems so sudden and real.” I said with a sigh. I sure hope I would really be happy with all this.

”Aw Katie you’ll have a blast! And if anything goes wrong you can come live with me!” he finished with a laugh. Will and I had always joked about living together someday since we were so close.

”Call me if you ever need anything ok?” he told me.

”Don’t I always call you Will? Don’t worry I will.” I ended with a chuckle.

We said our goodbyes and I climbed into my car and headed home. On the way though, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some snacks for the car ride tomorrow. I had driven to L.A. plenty of times and if you hit traffic, boy were you in for it. A forty-five minute drive could easily turn into a three hour one. So I picked up some chips and some candy along with a twelve pack of coke. I wasn’t sure exactly who was coming to pick me up tomorrow. All I knew was there would be at least two cars. So I wanted to have enough.

When I reached my apartment I realized there really was nothing to do there since everything was all packed. My tv wasn’t hooked up, my internet had been disconnected, there was nothing left to do. So after putting the cokes in the fridge so they would get cold, I grabbed my laptop case and headed back to my car. Starbucks was open late and I could use a decaf coffee so that’s where I headed. Even though I normally walked to Starbucks, it was dark and that probably wasn’t the best idea, so I drove.

Within five minutes I was inside the corner building and was setting up camp. I had ordered my coffee, well frappachino to be exact, and was currently waiting for it. My laptop was starting up as I waited patiently and I heard my name being called. After retrieving my delicious looking frap I settled into the squishy chair I had picked out and was trying to find something to do. Photoshop had always been a fun thing for me to mess around with so I decided to fuse some pictures together for the heck of it.

An hour later my decaf frap was causing me to start yawning and I was thinking it would probably be a good time to head back home to bed. Over the space of an hour I had edited a few pictures of the guys I found online and had even put me into one of them. Shutting down I made my way back to the car and drove home. Hey, at least it killed some time.

Once inside, I dug into my already packed duffle bag and pulled out my pajamas and headed toward the bathroom. My eyes kept drooping on me while I washed my face. I guess I had had a pretty busy couple of days. I finally walked back out and found the comforts of my bed that would be taken tomorrow and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.