Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 12

”Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!”

Not only was I being yelled at but my bed also happened to be moving up and down. Oh what a wonderful way to start the day.

Wait a minute… who could possibly be in my house this early? Opening up my eyes I saw it was none other than Jimmy and Johnny who were pouncing on my bed trying to bring me out of my slumber that I was quite enjoying.

“How the hell did you guys get in here?” I asked as I pulled the comforter up to my chin trying to stay cozy.

”Well” began Jimmy “We ran into your old landlady and told her we were the movers for you but you wouldn’t answer your door. She gladly gave us a key… I think she’s anxious for you to leave.”

I rolled my eyes. “Old hag… I hate her.”

Finally Johnny decided to speak up for the first time after his lovely wake up call for me. “So we’ll leave you to get all prettied up while we load up the rest of your stuff into Jimmy’s truck and then we’ll be on our way. So get up!!! Come on we don’t have all day.” And with that he pulled the covers off of me leaving me laying there in my blue pj pants and my black tank. Shivering I stood up and grabbed my dufflebag before disappearing into the bathroom to shower. Twenty minutes later I was dressed in a pair of black drainpipes along with a bright blue tee and my usual studded belt. My make-up was all finished and all I needed to do was my hair. I decided to straighten it today, not something I normally do. It’s typically straight but it looks even better when I straighten it so that’s what I did. Walking back into my room I pulled on my black converse. It looked like they had already taken everything else from my room since it was completely empty. Grabbing my bag once again I made my way into the living room, which was also empty and saw all five guys standing there with triumphant grins on their faces.

”Are you all ready to leave this shithole behind you?” Brian asked me all while smiling.

”Well that depends. Did you get everything packed into the cars?” I counter questioned.

Matt stepped in this time. “Sure did! Well actually it’s mostly packed into your car which is hooked up to the back of Jimmy’s truck and his flat bed is filled up too.”

”Ummm ok, so since my car is being pulled who else brought a car?” I questioned while looking between them all. We all couldn’t fit in just one car I assumed.

Zacky took up his typical smirk. “Well babe, that’s the only car we brought. This means that you get to sit on my lap the whole way since it only seats five.”

”What?!?! You guys only brought one car? Oh shit. Can’t we tie someone to the roof? How about oh smirky one over there?” I asked while pointing to Zacky.

They all just laughed and Zacky ran over and threw me over his shoulder and smacked me butt before heading towards the door.

”Hey wait!! I have snacks and stuff!!! And don’t forget my bag!” I yelled while we walked. Zacky took this opportunity to pinch me on the butt and told me to “be quiet they’ll get it all.” Not being very pleased with having my butt pinched I reached down and pinched his ass back. He in turn jumped. “Hmm don’t like that much now do you?” I asked.

Looking back up I saw Brian was carrying my bag and Matt and Johnny had the snacks and sodas in their hands. Jimmy was twirling his keys around his finger while whistling and as soon as we got out to the car he jumped up and down yelling “ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!”

Laughing, Zack put me down and climbed in before I was picked up from behind by Matt and set on Zacky’s lap before being bucked in. There was no escaping now I guess. Jimmy was, of course, driving and Johnny was sitting shotgun. Zack and I were in the middle and Brian and Matt were on either side of us. I did have to admit Jimmy’s truck was pretty spacious. Even though Brian and Matt were both pretty big guys we still had plenty of room in the middle.

Five minutes later we were just getting on The Five (Highway 5) and were on our way. I noticed the roads were a little bumpy at parts so I took this opportunity to tell Zack “If you even get a boner from all of these bumps I’m switching laps.”

All of the guys laughed and Zack smiled and said “Hun I don’t think it’ll matter who’s lap you’re on.” This of course made the guys laugh even harder while I crossed my arms and pouted.

~xXx~

We hadn’t even made it out of San Diego yet and we had already hit traffic.

”Are you kidding me?” I groaned and put my head in my hands. This was going to be a very long car ride.

”Hey Katie, what’s the San Diego rock station? Or a good station to listen to anyway?” Johnny turned around to ask.

”Umm well I listen to 91x. Channel 91.1, they play a lot of good stuff, but if you want heavier music then 105.3 would work too. Whatever you guys want.” I said while shrugging my shoulders. I typically listened to whatever. Lately though I had been enjoying my ipod to be exact. Seconds later it seemed as if Johnny had read my mind.

”Naw just give me your ipod. You’ve gotta have some good stuff on there.” I reached into my mini purse that Brian had also grabbed (thankfully) and pulled it out and passed it up front. Johnny scrolled through it occasionally asking the guys what band they wanted to listen to. I didn’t have much of the music they liked; I’m more into the recent stuff, like My Chem, Linkin Park, Afi, Fall Out Boy, stuff like that.

”Oh holy shit. Guys she has our joke song on here. Maybe we should play that for her.” He said while laughing.

”Joke song?” I raised my eyebrow at the mention of a joke song.

Jimmy looked at me through the rear view mirror and explained.

"It’s not a song we wrote, but one we’ve heard and like to make a joke out of it. Zack why don’t you do vocals this time?” he asked him through the mirror.

”It would be my pleasure!!” he clapped his hands. Obviously these guys liked this song. Only problem was, I still didn’t know what song they were talking about.

My problem was quickly solved however when I heard all the guys at once start singing “Hey hey you you” and Zacky follow with “I don’t like your boyfriend!” Oh my gosh. An Avril Lavigne song was the last thing I ever imagined these guys to sing.

By the end of their charade I was dying of laughter in Zack’s lap. What was even funnier though was the fact that they had their windows all rolled down and the music blasting while we were sitting in traffic. I’m sure the sight of five heavily tattooed guys singing to Avril would be a shock for anyone, not just me. We did get some pretty weird looks.

Johnny changed the song to Miss Murder by Afi and apparently I was told it was my turn to sing since I skipped out on the last song.

”Oh come on Katie!!! Just sing… and you better do the scream part at the end too!” Matt practically scolded me.

”But you guys” I whined. “I’m not good at singing. You guys are pros… literally.”

”And we don’t care.” Brian added. I thought he would be on my side but no. So I tried my puppy dog eyes on Zack, who in turn told me hell no and to sing.

”Alright… fine.” I huffed and began my song.

Afi has always been my favorite band to sing to. Their lyrics are just so perfect to me and I have a blast bouncing around to them. And secretly, I loved the screamy parts. I could do those pretty well, although I’d never admit to it. By the time I reached the scream the guys jaws were already on the floor, I just hoped it was for a good reason.

Putting all my voice into it I finished the last line.

”Reaching for that golden ring we'd never let go, but who would ever let us put our filthy hands upon it?” and with that I finished off the rest of the song. When I was finished I had all five guys looking at me and suddenly Matt wrapped his arms around my middle from beside me and shouted for all the world to hear.

”I fucking love you!!!!!!!” Zack however, had punched Matt in the arm and in turn wrapped his arms around me.

”No way dude, I love her more. She’s all mine. You’re taken already.” This statement caused me to laugh.

”So I was ok then?” I asked timidly.

”Are you kidding?” Brian asked with wide eyes. “You were fucking amazing! If you ever come on tour with us you have got to sing with us on a song. In fact, maybe you could help us out with vocals on a song on the record!!”

”Ok let’s just not get too carried away with this yet. At least let me get all settled in before you drag me into the studio.” I was anxious to start working but I knew I would need a few days to get settled in. I always do when I move somewhere new. It takes some adjustment time.

An hour later we were out of traffic and were nearing Los Angeles. The guys had just about eaten every snack I brought and I was still enjoying my coke. Jimmy looked back at me with a semi-worried face and it made me wonder what was wrong.

”Umm Katie, just to warn you, the road up here is kind of bumpy. They’ve been working on this part of the freeway for some time now.”

”Oh shit.” I turned my head around to look at Zack with pleading eyes and he just smirked. “I can’t help it babe.” He said while shrugging his shoulders. The bumps came and I tried my very hardest to hold as still as possible. Unfortunately, that turned out to be something not worth fighting.

I turned around to smack Zacky’s arm all while he smirked.

”Jimmy find me a bathroom now!” I told him all while trying to sit up out of Zack’s lap which now contained a lovely sized boner.

”At least wait until the shitty part is over. It’ll only be about twenty more minutes.” And with that all the guys laughed.

”Oh hell no. There is no way I am waiting twenty more minutes with his boner stuck up my ass! This is not going to work. Ass rape is so not my thing.” I huffed while still trying to maintain my distance from ‘Zacky Jr.’. Zacky pulled me back into his lap and I screamed slightly while the guys just laughed.

”Oh just hold still. You know you like it.” Zack whispered in my ear and before he retreated he gave my earlobe a soft nibble. That small movement sent chills up my spine and gave me goose bumps. This boy was starting to affect me big time. No guy had ever been able to give me the chills before, so what Zacky was doing to me was starting to scare me slightly. Brain turned to look at me and smirked.

”Well it looks like Zack isn’t the only one getting turned on.” My jaw dropped and I leaned over and gave him a small pinch in the arm along with my infamous glare that I was getting quite proficient at around these guys.

Zacky figured this would be a nice time to surprise me even further and started sucking on my neck, in the exact spot that I still already had a hickey from his previous fun. Jimmy picked up on this however because he looked in the mirror and glared at Zacky.

”Oh not in my car you don’t! I don’t need any of your bodily fluids being leaked onto my seats. Wait until you get home!” Zacky pulled away with a pout on his face.

”Man Rev you always have to ruin my fun.” And with that said we turned onto the connector ramp onto the 78 freeway that would take us to Huntington Beach.

Twenty minutes later we had pulled up into the parking lot of an In-N-Out to grab some burgers and shakes for lunch and to make a bathroom stop in the case of Zacky. I was sure he had a lovely red handprint on his thigh from me slapping him. Every now and then he would thrust his hips upwards to get me to jump and I would always retaliate.

After we all ate, and had a mini french fry war thanks to Johnny, we were back in the car and on the road. Once again, we found ourselves stuck in traffic. This was definitely the one thing I hated about L.A., the traffic was a nightmare. Looking around I noticed that Matt was busy watching out the window, Brian and Johnny were having a quiet discussion about different amps they wanted to try out, Jimmy was humming to himself as he drove, and Zacky, oddly enough, was pretty quiet. I, myself, was feeling pretty tired. The stress and anxiety of the past few days was starting to catch up to me and all I wanted to do was sleep. I let out a yawn and Zack leaned his chin on my shoulder.

”You can sleep you know. I don’t mind.”

”Are you sure? I don’t want to be all spread out over you.” I turned my head to look at him.

”Of course I’m sure. You’ve had a few pretty exhausting days I’m sure. Go ahead and sleep.”

I smiled up at him and leaned my head back onto his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around my waist. It was kind of nice hearing him talk nicely to me, without his cocky tone or his smirk. I guess Brian was right. He really could be a nice guy sometimes.

~xXx~

Why do I hear clicking? I laid there with my eyes closed for another minute trying to figure out what it was I was hearing. It was then that I saw a flash of light and I opened my eyes to be greeted by Johnny’s smiling face as he held up a digital camera in front of me and Zack. Taking in my current surroundings I noticed that Zacky had his head leaned on mine and he was snoring slightly. His arms were holding me tight against him in the seat and I could tell he wasn’t going to let go anytime soon.

I looked back at Johnny and he smiled at me.

”We should be to Zack’s house in about five minutes. Why don’t you do the honors of waking him up?”

Smiling, I started to trace some of his tattoos on his arms hoping it would tickle him. His arm twitched twice and I took the opportunity to say his name.

”Zaaaaacky. Wake up. We’re going to be to your home soon. Come on sleepy, wake up!” I poked his arm a few times and he stirred. He raised his head from its place on top of mine and looked around. He let out a big yawn and smiled.

”You know, it’s going to be your home too now. You should get used to calling it home.”

Jimmy turned the truck onto a road that contained several pretty good sized houses. If one of these was Zacky’s I was sure to get lost until I learned my way around. Sure they weren’t mansions but they were still big houses.

”Welcome, my dear” he said as we pulled into the driveway of a nice off-white, two story house, “to your new home!”