Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 13

Once we all piled out of the car the guys started to get out some of the boxes from my car. Of course the only piece of furniture that I owned was in fact my bed considering the rest was part of the apartment. I just kind of stood off to the side trying to take it all in. This was it, a new start for me. I pulled myself out of my daze and helped the guys get some of the boxes out. I followed them into the house and looked around. For a guy, Zacky's house was very nice. It wasn't messy at all but looked rather well kept. The living room was simple. It was big and had several black couches along with a huge flat screen tv mounted to the wall. There was a fireplace in the corner along with a dvd and cd holder standing against the wall.

My wandering eyes were interrupted however by a small black puppy barking and running around my feet. I set my box down on the floor and leaned down to pet the dog I knew as Ichabod. He was absolutely the cutest dog ever.

"I see you've met Ichabod." Zacky said as he came down the stairs, hands now free of boxes.

"And it seems he really likes you. Come here Ich. Let's get you outside so you don’t get underfoot while we bring things in." It was almost as if Ichabod understood Zacky because as Zack turned to head for the back door Ich followed at his heels.

Realizing I had no idea where I was supposed to put my stuff I stood there waiting for someone to come back. Zack returned first and looked at me like I was nuts for just standing there holding a box.

"Don’t look at me like that. How am I supposed to know where to take my stuff when you haven't told me yet?" I shrugged my shoulders. He just looked at me and laughed.

"Oh yeah, that might help huh? Follow me." he led me up the stairs and down a hallway that had several doors leading off of it. We stopped at the second door on the right and Zacky just stood in front of it, not opening it yet.

"Before we go in there's a few things I need to tell you. Yesterday we did some decorating with the few boxes we brought back with us. If you don't like it, we can re-do it. Also, you won't need your bed since there's already one in there along with a dresser and all that fun stuff. Anything you don't need that is yours Johnny is going to take back to his house and keep it in his basement with all his extra stuff he doesn’t use."

"Just so you're aware of the other rooms, mine is right across from yours and the bathroom is to your left. The room with the black door is a den type room and the white door is an extra bedroom. You have your own bathroom connected to your room as do I." he finished explaining.

"So you ready to see your sexy new room?" he smirked.

"Duh. Of course I am." I smiled.

"Good. But, it'll cost you to go in." I knew that smirk was for a reason. I sighed and looked up at him.

"What's it going to cost me?" I asked. Inside I was scared of the answer. I had an idea what it was going to be but part of me was still nervous. He took the box out of my hands and set it on the floor next to him. Before I could move he had grabbed my wrists and spun me around so I was pinned between the door and his own body. If he hadn’t still been holding my wrists I would have reached for the handle and opened the door behind me. But in my current position there really was no way to get out.

I kept looking into Zacky's eyes as he moved closer to me. Our lips were getting closer to meeting when suddenly the door was flung open from the inside and we both went falling backwards in my case, forwards in Zack's. Zacky was lucky enough to regain his balance before falling but I on the other hand wasn’t so lucky. I was expecting to feel the floor against my back but instead I was met with the feeling of someone's strong arms keeping me up. I opened up my eyes and started at where the ceiling was but instead I was greeted with Matt's smiling face along with those dimples of his.

"So nice of you to drop in! What took you so long?" he asked with an eyebrow raised. "Were two people having fun against the door?" he then smirked. He lifted me back up into a standing position and then he looked to Zacky.

"Well we would have been having fun if someone hadn’t of flung the damn door open." He threw his arms in the air and walked into the room. He headed over toward the bed and flopped down onto it.

"I'll get my payment later. So what do you think?" he spread his arms out.

I finally looked around and was pretty happy with what I saw. The walls were off-white and were covered with black paint splatters. On one wall my posters had all been hung up. When I looked over to my dresser I saw it was black and blue and had some of my pictures arranged on the top of it. The bed was a king size bed and had a bright blue comforter on it. The carpet was black and very squishy. On the opposite wall of my posters there sat a pretty big desk with a huge stereo on top of it. That certainly wasn't mine.

"Umm guys. Where did the stereo come from?" I didn’t have a stereo as sad as that sounds. That one was really fancy too.

"That's yours! We bought it for you when we realized you didn’t have one. Now we can have volume battles between rooms." Zack laughed. He really shouldn’t have bought me that. I don’t want them all to spend tons of money on me.

"You guys really shouldn’t have." I grinned. "But where are the speakers? I don’t see any." I walked over to the stereo to get a closer look and sure enough there weren’t any speakers that I could see.

"We put them up in the corners of your room to give you the surround sound feeling." Matt pointed to the four speakers that were mounted in the corners of the ceilings. Wow they really had worked on my room for me.

"Wow. You guys are so sweet to have worked on all this for me." I smiled and walked over to Matt and gave him a hug before turning to Zacky. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Thank you." I whispered in his ear.

"You're very welcome." He whispered back. "I figured you should have a cool room since we pretty much forced you up here with us. Plus you're worth it."

I pulled back and noticed Matt had ducked out of the room. I wonder where the other guys had gotten to. I smiled at Zack and headed to open my closet and when I did, I learned it was a walk in one. I went to grab my dufflebag but when I turned back around Zacky was standing there holding it along with a box of my clothes and some hangers. He set them down on the floor and immediately I saw the look on his face go from a happy one to a nervous one.

"Umm Katie, I know you just got here today and all and um if you don’t want to tonight that’s alright, but I was wondering if um maybe if you would want to go have dinner with just me tonight?" Now I knew why he was so nervous. Wow he goes from being a cocky little thing to being nervous about asking me to dinner. Never would have seen that one coming.

I must have taken a few seconds to think because his gaze dropped down to the floor. I leaned forward and lifted his chin back up.

"I would love to go to dinner with you tonight Zacky. Is there any particular way I should dress?" I smiled.

"Just jeans, flip flops and a tee are fine. It's nothing fancy or anything." He chuckled. He sure looked relieved now. "I'll leave you to get unpacked. The guys will bring more boxes up. How about if we go around six tonight?"

Looking at the clock on the stereo I saw it was now 3:30. That gave me plenty of time to do some unpacking as well as explore the rest of the house.

"Sounds great. How about it I get these all these clothes unpacked and then you can show me the rest of the house?"

"Ok. I'll be downstairs with the guys if you need anything." And with that he turned and walked out of the room. I leaned out of my door once I knew he was downstairs.

"So did she say yes?" I heard Jimmy ask Zack.

"Yeah, she did." All of the guys immediately made some wolfwhistles and I heard Zacky laugh and tell them to shut up before I stepped back into my room and headed back to the closet.
♠ ♠ ♠
soooo i know some of these chapters are short and for that i appologize. the later ones are much longer!