Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 18

"Wake up babe. We've gotta go." I heard someone say as they shook me awake. I rolled over and looked at my clock. Hoping it would say 8am, I was shocked to see that it was only 6 in the morning. Rolling over I glanced up at Zacky before I groaned and pulled the covers back up over my head.

Today was going to be my first day in the studio with the guys. Zacky and I were meeting the rest of the gang there and seeing as we had to drive all the way to Burbank we had to get up early in order to be there and avoid traffic. The guys wanted to try and get as much done as possible today and that meant an early start.

"Come on Katie. Get up and dressed and then you can go back to sleep in the car." And with that he yanked the covers completely off of the bed leaving me lying there in my pjs. I shivered before sitting up and swinging my legs off of the bed.

"That's my girl. Now go shower and get ready. I'll even stop and get you a Starbucks before we leave town. Sound good?"

"Mmm ok. Sounds good." I stood up from the bed and Zacky leaned over and gave me a kiss on the forehead before leaving my room to let me get ready. After I showered I tugged on a shirt along with my black jeans and converse before grabbing a hoodie. I had yet to show Zacky what all I bought a few days ago. He'd see the swimsuit this weekend though. As I came down the stairs I saw him sitting on the couch putting his shoes on. He now had on a hoodie as well. I had come to learn that mornings in Huntington Beach tended to be chilly no matter what season it was. But that’s a typical beach city for you.

"Are you ready?" He asked as I sunk down into the couch cushions beside him.

"Yeah. I'm ready to go. And I'm ready for my coffee too." I sighed as I leaned my head back and shut my eyes.

"Ok let me just make sure Ichabod has food and water for today and I've got to open his doggy door then we'll head out and get you your coffee, you addict." I still sat there as I felt him get up and walk away. I had a feeling this was going to be a very long day. I had been informed that today, despite it being my first day, I'd be trying out the vocal part they wanted me to sing. I'll admit I was nervous but Zacky did a pretty good job at reassuring me. He made me sing for him a few times over the week but they were just random songs. He wouldn't tell me which song I would be singing on the album. But he did tell me it was a very different song for them.

I heard Zack's feet against the floor coming through the kitchen which meant he was returning. Sure enough when I opened my eyes he stood in front of me with his car keys as well as my purse in hand and his black L.A. Angels hat on his head.

"Ok let's go get you your daily dose of caffeine." He smiled before reaching out to grab my hand and pull me off the couch. He handed me my purse and we walked to the door before stepping out into the pitch black and chilly morning air.

Zacky drove down the empty streets of Huntington Beach. I knew there was a Starbucks here somewhere but I still didn't know the area well enough to tell you how to get to it. It wasn't long though before we pulled into the parking lot and hopped out of the car.

"Hi can I get two venti white mochas please?" Zacky told the young girl behind the counter. Her eyes widened from their original half-asleep state to being as wide as saucers. It was obvious she knew who he was.

"Yeah sure. Is this a friend of yours?" The girl asked while eyeing me skeptically. Although it was really none of her business Zacky was nice enough to smile back and grace her with a reply.

"This is my girlfriend actually."

"Oh. Alright cool. Just give me a minute and I'll have your drinks ready for you." She gave him a fake smile before returning to make our coffees. Zacky looked at me before slightly rolling his eyes. We walked over to a small table and sat while we waited. I couldn’t help but feel slightly agitated at the girl's reaction to me being Zacky's girlfriend and Zacky noticed this. He reached across and grabbed my hands.

"Don't worry. Not all the fans are like this. Just the young girls." He whispered this last part before giving me a wink which made me feel slightly better. The last thing I wanted were the fans hating me because I was the new girlfriend.

"She must be new because I've never seen her here before. Most of the people that work here know me and the guys since we are in here so often. The other people are cool."

"Oh ok." I whispered. Zacky could tell I was still worried though because he squeezed my hand before leaning across the table to place a small but loving kiss on my lips.

"Ahem, your drinks are ready." The girl behind the counter said as she placed our morning wake up calls on the counter before smiling at Zacky once more and turning to go into the back room.

"Come on. Let's get out of here. We've got at least a forty-five minute drive thanks to traffic." Zack informed me as we picked up our coffees and walked back out to the car. Mmm there was no better way to start the day then spending it in a car with Zacky Vengeance and drinking a Starbucks.

~xXx~

Zacky parked fifty minutes later outside of the studio. It had taken us a little bit longer then expected but the time flew since we just spent it talking. Zacky had asked me all about my family and how I grew up. My family and I are very close, even to this day. I could tell Zacky was excited to meet them someday. In return I asked him the same and discovered that his brother was quite the character and that his mom had been asking about me since the day we got back to Huntington from San Diego. Apparently she's anxious to meet me.

We climbed out of the car and Zack went around to grab his backpack before locking his car and grabbing my hand with his free one that wasn’t holding his coffee still. We entered the building, which seemed very quiet for a studio and headed toward an elevator that was at the end of the hallway we were in. Zack pressed the button for the fifth floor and shortly after we stepped out into the hallway.

"Ahh now this sounds more like a studio to me." I chuckled as the sound of Rev beating away on the drums filled my ears.

"Yeah. Trust me, by the end of the day you'll be begging for somewhere quiet."

"Hey lovebirds. It's about time you got here. What took you so long?" Matt smirked.

"Matt… it's seven in the morning. If Zacky hadn't have stopped to get me a coffee then you would have one cranky chick on your hands. So don't complain or imply." I narrowed my eyes at him playfully before plopping down on the couch next to Brian. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders before laughing at my reply.

"So are you ready for your vocal debut?" He asked while attempting to steal a sip of my coffee only to be smacked in the arm hard.

"No, and I still don't get why I have to do a vocal part. I am the one with the degree in music recording after all. Shouldn’t I be doing that instead?" Despite all of Zack's reassurances throughout the week I've still been on pins and needles about singing for the record.

"Yeah that part will come after you sing. At first Val was supposed to sing but then she decided that her voice has been heard enough on our records. And then when we said that we discovered you could sing she backed out completely. This leaves you stuck with us." Johnny piped up from his spot on another couch. His legs were propped up on the coffee table that was in the middle of the room and he had a coffee in his hands as well.

"Alright fine but don't expect me to get it on the first try." I knew this was a loosing battle so why bother. These guys were stubborn. Zacky sat down on my other side so I set my coffee down on the table and laid my head in his lap while I stretched my legs out across Brian's lap.

"Wake me up later." I informed them before closing my eyes. That was short lived however when I felt a slap on my ass that could have only come from Brian due to our positions on the sofa.

"I don’t think so Princess. You're up first this morning. Now up you go and in with Matt and Jimmy and they'll explain it all to you." Groaning I sat up and Johnny pointed me in the direction of the room that Matt and Jimmy were in. Looking toward it I could see through the glass window that they were standing looking over something on a piece of paper. I stood up and glared at Brian once more before I made my way over and disappeared on the other side of the glass as well.

"Well look what the cat drug in!" Jimmy laughed as he gave me a hug.

"You ready?" He asked before handing me a piece of paper that had lyrics on it.

"I guess. Do I at least get to hear the song so far so I can get a feel for it?" Matt nodded his head before turning to a sound board.

"The name of the song is called "A Little Piece of Heaven". It's probably the oddest song we've done so far." He laughed as he messed with some switches some more.

"The only part we're missing is your vocal part. The rest of the song is all done. We're going to leave it up to you on how to sing it. All you need are the lyrics which are in your hand. Your part is like a call and response with Matt's part. In your headphones that you'll be wearing you'll hear Matt's part so you know when to come in. It's pretty simple. All you have to do is sing." Jimmy explained.

"Ready to hear the song?" Matt dramatically placed his finger on the button that I knew to be the play button and as I nodded my head he slowly pressed the button.

The song came pouring out of speakers that were placed throughout the room and I immediately liked the feel of it. It certainly was different. I listened through my part and was able to get a rough idea of how to sing it. And then I also noticed that there was a speaking part missing during the wedding scene. When the song was over I asked my only questions.

"Hahaha dude who did the minister's voice? And do I have to fill that part in as well? That song is amazing!"

"Zacky did the voice and yes you have to fill in that part. It's just talking though." Matt smiled as my jaw dropped when he said it was Zacky.

"He did that? Are you serious?" It sure didn’t sound like Zacky I'll tell ya that much.

Jimmy nodded his head before joining Matt in laughing at my reaction.

"Oh wow."

"Alright missy enough chit chat let's get you all ready to work." Matt grabbed my hand and led me through a door into another room that was isolated except for a microphone hanging from the ceiling. They handed me a set of headphones and I put them on before they trudged back into the sound board room and closed the door behind them. I watched them through the glass and saw Zacky, Johnny, and Brian all pile into the room as well. Great… an audience. Just what I need to calm my nerves. Taking a closer glance at Brian I saw he had my coffee in hand and was drinking it. I glared at him as he just smiled and Zacky rolled his eyes at his fellow guitarist. As I looked Zacky in the eyes it was almost as if all my nerves left my body. He smiled at me before giving me a thumbs up. All of a sudden Matt's voice came through the headphones and into my ears yet it wasn't his singing but rather him giving me instructions.

"You ready?" He asked as all the guys smiled at me. I nodded my head slowly before bringing the paper up and reading it over once again. The lines were short and simple so they were easy to remember. And part of it I just had to copy Matt so that made it easier as well. Confidence filled my mind as I looked at Zacky once more to see his smile coming at me through the glass and at once the musical part before the lyrics filled my ears. It was now or never I guess.

I closed my eyes and brought my hand up to my right headphone as I listened and repeated the words that Matt's voice sung.

I will suffer for so long
(What will you do, not long enough)
To make it up to you
(I pray to God that you do)
I'll do whatever you want me to do
(Well then I’ll grant you one chance)
And if it's not enough
(If it’s not enough, If it’s not enough)
If it's not enough
(Not enough)
Try again
(Try again)
And again
(And again)
Over and over again

Once I was done I slowly opened my eyes and prepared myself for the criticism I would receive from the guys. I was shocked however when I saw that several jaws were dropped and Zacky had the biggest smile on his face. Matt gave an exaggerated clap for me before he spoke into my headphones.

"Wow that was perfect. We're going to have you do it a few more times. But first I want you to sing that last line at the same time I did but have the ending note a little lower that what I ended on. And you were scared to sing…." Matt shook his head before the music filled my ears but it was in the middle of the lyrics this time. I sang that line and received a thumbs up from Matt before the beginning of the part started from the beginning once more.

Fifteen minutes later I took the headphones off and hooked them onto the microphone before exiting my room of sound isolation. I was immediately lifted up off the ground by none other than Jimmy the giant and spun in circles.

"You were great!!! This was already my favorite track but now it's even more my favorite. Wow that didn’t make much sense." He set me down as I smiled and received hugs from the other guys as well. I finally settled in Zacky's arms as he led me back to the couches in the main room. He handed me his coffee to have a sip of since Brian had most assuredly downed mine while I was singing.

"See I told you that you would be fine didn’t I?" He whispered in my ear before he was hit in the face by a pillow that came from Jimmy who just stood there smirking.

"Break it up lovebirds. Zack you're up next for "Lost" so get your ass in there." Zacky grunted before kissing me on the forehead and leaving to go into the room with their guitars all set up. I followed and was directed into a chair in front of the soundboard by Johnny. Typical of these laid back guys, the guitars were simply hooked up to the sound board itself and not in a separate room. So Zacky was sitting in a chair next to me already.

"Your sound board Madame." Matt spread his arms out next to the board before taking a seat on my opposite side.

"Why thank you kind sir." I nodded back before pressing a few buttons and getting things set up the way they should be.

"Alright boys. Let's get down to business."
♠ ♠ ♠
<3
thank for reading!!!
hope you like it so far.