Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 2

“KATIE!!!! Oh my gosh what’s wrong???” Those were the words that came from my co-worker CJ’s mouth as soon as she saw me. CJ had always been there for me. She was one of my only local friends. The rest were spread out all over the country.

“Are you okay? What happened? Do I need to kick someone’s ass?” she frantically asked me.

See that was what I loved about her. She was always just there and just seeing her made my tears subside for the moment. She had long brown hair that cascaded down her back and light brown eyes that were stunning. I just so happened to be two inches taller than her and I loved every minute of it. She and I had been friends for the past three years. We met in our calculus class in college. She had sat next to me on the first day and made some comment during the professor’s lecture that had the whole class rolling in laughter and yet it almost had her kicked out of the class. Ever since then I knew we were going to be great friends.

“I, I, I have two weeks to move out!!! That old bag of a landlord wants to renovate the entire building… Ceej I have no where to go!” I cried hysterically, trying to maintain my composure yet failing miserably.

“Aww babe you’ll find somewhere. I’ll help you look around!” CJ replied with a kind smile that made me feel slightly better.

Now, I’m sure by now you are probably wondering why she didn’t offer for me to stay with her as any good friend would. Well, she was currently living with her other friend Candice whom I despised with a passion. Candice was your typical preppy girl with the bleached blonde hair and fake boobs that every guy drooled over. Yet when you spoke to her it was like talking to a five year old! She annoyed me to death and CJ knew that. How she could put up with her was beyond me. So living with her was out of the question before it was even asked.

Two white chocolate mochas later I was out of tears to shed and done reading and replying to emails on my laptop. I gently closed the lid and put it safely back into my messenger bag. Walking up to the counter I said my good byes to CJ and we made plans to go apartment hunting tomorrow afternoon after my shift. My feet carried me out the door and down the street toward the place where in two weeks time I would no longer call ‘mine’. After walking in pure silence with nothing but the sound of passing cars to greet my ears for several minutes I was pleased to hear the Davey Havok’s voice singing Miss Murder to me. Reaching into my pocket I pulled out my silver Razr phone and looked at the caller id. ‘Well that’s odd’ I thought. ‘I don’t recognize the number. Should I answer it?’ Hoping that someone would be able to make my day a little brighter I flipped the phone open and answered with a semi-cheery “Hello?”
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you guys liked it!