Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 20

"So how many cases of beer are you planning on getting again?" I questioned skeptically while we were driving to the store to pick up the booze for the party. We were all dressed and ready to go. I had on my new suit under a t-shirt and some tan cargo shorts along with a simple pair of black flip flops. My hair was twisted up in a clip and I had my sunglasses pulled over my eyes as the sun poured through the windshield. Zacky was dressed very similarly to how I was except he had on his board shorts/swimsuit instead of regular shorts.

"Oh you know, enough to last the day." He smiled at me before turning back to face the road.

"Sorry hun but you can't hide it from me. Val and Leana said you like to go overboard. So how many again?" I smirked at him as a pout came over his face.

"Some confidence they have in me. And I call them friends…" He mumbled before chuckling.

"I'm getting five cases. Last time we all hung out we had eight and that was way too much. We had enough to last us another entire week. So I'm just grabbing five. And those coolers you asked for." We had pulled up in front of store and headed in grabbing a cart along the way. We stopped in front of the case and Zacky immediately grabbed five cases of what I assumed were the types the guys liked best. I snagged a few cases of coolers like Leana had asked and we headed to the register. I'm sure we were quite the sight with a full basket of beer.

~xXx~

It only took us a few minutes to get down to the beach where Jimmy and Leana lived. As we pulled up in front of their house I couldn’t help but notice what a perfect location it had. Just across the street was the ocean. Their living room overlooked it. Zacky got out and walked over to my side before helping me out. We grabbed our bags that had our towels and extra clothes and Zacky reached out and grabbed my hand.

"Aren't we going to grab the beer?" I asked as he drug me toward the door.

"Brian and I will come back and get it. Don't worry."

Zack opened the door and we were greeted with the sound of people laughing. He turned to smile at me before leading me through the gorgeous house into the kitchen. Standing against the sink was Brian holding Michelle around the waist as she leaned against him. Jimmy and Leana were both sitting on the island in the middle of the kitchen as were Matt and Val. As I looked over at the table I saw Johnny with Lacey sitting in his lap on one of the chairs. At once all the attention turned to us as we stood there.

Almost at once I was pushed away from Zack as I was engulfed into a hug by both Lacey and Michelle.

"Damn, let her breathe some." Matt chuckled as they released their grip on me.

"So you're the infamous Katie." Michelle smirked.

"Yep and let me guess… you've heard a lot about me." I smiled.

Lacey returned to her seat on Johnny. "That would be correct."

"Go figure. Whoever said guys don't gossip has obviously never been around these guys before." This earned a round of laughter from the group as everyone climbed down from their spots.

"You guys are just in time. We're getting things all packed up to head across the street and get this party started. We've already got the barbecue, tables, chairs, and the cabana all set up. All we need is the food and booze." Jimmy rubbed his hands together before grabbing a plate of burgers and some barbecue tongs. Matt and Johnny both grabbed plates of food as well before saying they were heading over.

"Well we shall grab the juice from the car and meet you ladies over there as well." Zacky gave my hand one more squeeze before letting go and heading out front with Brian.

"Awww. You two are too cute together. I'm glad Zack found someone worth his time." Lacey cooed.

"Well, I'm sure you've heard the story, but these guys really helped me out, big time. And Zack has been nothing but a sweetheart to me, despite his occasional perverted comments." Leana led us into the living room where we all picked up our bags and towels.

"Trust me hun, all the guys have their moments. And they are even more common when they are all together. So prepare yourself." Leana winked at me before we all stepped outside.

"Yeah I've got that figured out. And I'm sure today will be no exception."

Walking across the road, we saw the guys all hovered around the barbecue that had to have been Jimmy and Leana's that they had brought over. As we neared, we gave each other quizzical looks before setting our things down under the cabana and meandering over to see what the problem is.

"Aw come on man… why won't you start? It worked the other night I swear!" Jimmy sighed exasperatedly.

"Um Jimmy, remember last time we had to use the lighter because the built in igniter was out of fluid?" Leana said sweetly as she hugged him from around before she pinched his butt causing him to jump slightly.

"Oh yeah! That's right!"

"Oh come on Rev…" Matt laughed as Jimmy pulled out a lighter from one of the drawers on the barbecue and proceeded to light it.

"Dude shut up. We all have our forgetful moments."

We girls all decided to take a seat in some of the chairs that had been brought out while the guys opted to still stand around the barbecue.

"Anyone up for a beer?" Val climbed out of her seat and wandered over to the cooler that held the drinks.

She receive some sort of confirmation from each of us and returned with an armful.

We basically sat chatting for awhile about nothing in particular.

"Burgers are done ladies." Brian yelled over to us from the table that had all of the food all spread out over it.

It felt so nice to just be able to relax with people that I now called friends. It had been quite some time that I actually had people that I considered friends who also happened to live near me. So this was a very welcomed change.

~xXx~~

The time spent eating passed rather quickly. The guys offered to take the plates and everything back into the house while we girls decided to lounge in the sun on our towels.

"Oh Katie I love your suit!" Michelle exclaimed as I pulled my shirt over my head.

"Is that the one you got when you were with Val?" Lacey asked from her spot on her towel which happened to be next to mine.

"Yeah. It is. It's about time I got a new one. Then again I never had the need for a fancy one since I always went to the beach by myself." A chuckle escaped my throat as I freed myself of my shorts and was finally able to stretch out on my towel. I pulled my sunglasses over my eyes before turning on my side so I could face the other girls.

"So why were you in San Diego to begin with? Is your family there?" Michelle questioned.

"No, my family is currently living overseas… without me. I would have liked to but I just couldn’t afford it. I was in San Diego to finish school. San Diego State offered the recording degree I was looking for. So I just decided to stick it out there and see what came my way."

"And just like that the guys stepped into your life." I smiled and nodded at Leana before continuing.

"I can’t even begin to tell you how shocked I was that day. Someone was clearly watching out for me."

"Uh oh, guys at three o'clock. I have a feeling our peacefulness is about to end." This caused us all to laugh at Leana who was rolling her eyes.

A whistle was heard from several of the guys and before long there were five thuds as they landed next to their respective girlfriend.

Zacky was lying behind me also on his side. His arm snaked around to the front of me where he set his beer in the sand before placing his arm around my waist like the other guys had all done to their girls.

"You look extremely sexy and I'm having a hard time controlling myself right now." His voice was deep and the feeling of his hot breath against my skin made it hard for me to control myself as well. But I wasn’t about to let him know that.

Lacey smirked at me suggesting that she had heard what Zack had said.

"Oh really? Just how hard is it?" I responded quietly hoping that no one, with the exception of Lacey would hear.

"Well that depends if you're talking about how hard it is to control myself, or how hard I am at the moment." I could feel him smirk against my neck as his hands drew small circles on my stomach. Both mine and Lacey's eyes went wide and Johnny was looking skeptically at her.

"Zack! Not here!" I hissed as his hand now made its way down my stomach to my thighs. Lacey now rolled over to face Johnny but not before winking at me. I placed my hand on Zack's and brought it back to my stomach, hoping things would not get out of hand while everyone else was around.

"Hey you two lovebirds had better save it till you get home. We're in a public area you know." Brian's head had popped up from down the line and his smirk was directed at both Zack and I.

Zacky groaned into my neck before jerking his head up to glare at his fellow guitarist.

"Way to ruin a moment Syn."

"Aww no problem Zacky-cakes. It's not like you've never ruined any of my moments before."

"Hey I had a good reason to… you and Michelle were falling onto my bunk and I sure didn't want to see her…."

"Baker you finish that sentence and I'll castrate you!" He was cut off by a growl from Michelle. Laughter erupted from the group as Zacky lowered his head back onto the ground beside mine.

"Fine fine." He muttered with a sad tone. I turned over as the laughter continued.

"Don’t worry bout it babe."

"But they're laughing at me." He whined.

"Well that's because it was rather funny. And maybe you shouldn’t have said that." I giggled.

"Oh you thought that was funny huh? Me being told off?"

"Mhmm. I did." And with that his frown turned into a smirk and I instantly knew something was about to not go my way.

"Well since you found that funny…we'll just see how funny you find this." The next thing I knew I was being lifted off of the ground and thrown over Zacky's shoulder. Everyone else stopped their chatter and watched as Zacky set off towards the water.

"Oh no. Oh no. Zacky please. No! Someone help!" But all I got was laughter and even a wave from Jimmy.

"Psh fine you guys. See if I ever help you again!" I yelled as we got further and further from them. I could hear the water splashing as Zacky waded out and I tried to wrap my arms around him, but I was too slow.

I felt myself being flung into the air and landed with a splash. Water instantly filled my nose and I came up sputtering for air. I pushed my hair out of my face and could see everyone laughing from the shore but it was Zacky's laughter that was the loudest considering he was standing next to me.

"Aww you look so sad. Come here babe. I'm sorry." Zacky held his arms out for me and unsuspecting of him, I splashed him before leaping into his arms and getting water all over him as well.

"Ohh Zack got served!" Matt's deep voice boomed over the laughter.

"Guess it was only fair." Zacky sighed defeatedly.

"That it was Mr. Baker." I smiled as our faces were only inches from each other. Unbeknownst to us, the rest of the gang was making their way toward the water but we were too caught up staring into eachother's eyes to notice.

"Hey Katie,"

"Yeah Zack?"

"I love you."

"Good because I love you too."

Our lips met in a fiery kiss as cheers erupted from the girls while the guys whistled.

"Damn do I ever love you." Zack murmured as we pulled away still standing in eachother's embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter 20! yay!

wow im tired tonight haha.