Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 22

Katie was lying in the bed asleep. Her stomach was moving up and down very slowly as if breathing was painful for her. Her face was severely bruised and one of her eyes was swollen almost shut. Her arms were at her side but they too were black and blue, especially her wrists. Several monitors beeped in the background and I noticed they were hooked up to her weak body. Just the sight of her was enough to bring even more tears to the surface. How could this happen to the girl I love? More importantly, who would do this to the girl I love?

Brian gently pushed me further into the room and gestured for me to sit in the chair that was pulled up next to her bed.

"I'm going to go call the others outside. You gonna be ok man?" I looked into his eyes and managed a nod before falling into the chair. He quietly closed the door behind him and I turned back to the girl that laid before my very eyes. I eyed her hand a few times but all the bruising made me afraid to even touch her in fear of causing more pain. I hesitantly reached out my hand and gently grabbed her own. I bent my head down and gave her a kiss on the hand. I can't believe this all happened. Whoever did this will pay and I'll make sure of it.

I just sat there for awhile hoping, praying even, that she would be ok. Brian was yet to come back but when he did I wasn't expecting him to be alone. Katie was now part of the Avenged family and the nurses would probably shoot Brian when he came back with the rest of the guys along with the girls too most likely.

Katie stirred slightly before she gave my hand a slight squeeze.

~xXx~

I felt someone holding my right hand letting me know I was no longer alone in the room. I opened my eyes the best I could to see Zacky sitting in a chair holding my hand. His eyes were red and puffy informing me that he had been crying. I managed a weak smile which he returned as more tears fell from his eyes.

"Hey babe." I whispered as best I could. My stomach was still very sore and it hurt to talk. But talking to the man I love would be worth the pain. I was just glad he was here.

"Hey hun. Shit baby I can't believe this happened. I'm so sorry. I should have gone with you. Running would be good for me these days. Hell I should have gone looking for you when you took too long. I…"

"Zack you're rambling." I laughed slightly before wincing in pain.

"Oh shit. I am so sorry. No more laughing for you. Does your stomach hurt?"

I nodded. "Yeah. My whole body aches right now. Zack I didn’t even know the guy. How did he know who I was?" My voice was hoarse as I closed my eyes for a moment.

Before he could answer there was a slight knock on the door and a police officer entered a moment later. He looked to be in his thirties and his expression was stern until he saw the two of us sitting there.

"Ms. Zellmer and Mr. Baker correct?"

"Yes, that's us." Zacky answered for me as I nodded my head.

"Would you mind me asking a few questions as to the incident that occurred this morning?"

"No, just please find the guys who did this. Please."

"We'll try miss. Can you give us a description of the man who assaulted you?"

I nodded before continuing. "He was tall, maybe six feet. Had the build of a body guard. He was very stocky. I didn’t really take notice of his face because his hair took the attention away from it. It was black with bright green stripes in it."

"Wait, you said bright green stripes?" Zacky asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah bright green."

"Damn it. I know that guy. His name is Mike Garry officer. He was the man my ex- girlfriend, Gena, left me for. Well she was only in the relationship for the money but the night we broke up in a club she left with him. I should have known they would have something to do with this. Shit!" Zacky slammed his fist on the arm of his chair before looking up to the officer.

"Please get him. I can't believe they went this far."

"Now that we have a name we can track him down." The officer asked me a few more questions about the incident before bowing his head and leaving saying they would be in touch when they catch him.

Zacky and I just sat there for several minutes. His head was down and occasionally he would look up but once our eyes would meet he would return his gaze to his lap. Finally I had had enough of it and I squeezed his hand since he still had a hold of it.

"Zacky look at me." His green eyes were filled with regret and I knew he was thinking this was his fault.

"I want you to know that this is not your fault. Not in the slightest. Please don't beat yourself up over it. One of us in this shape is bad enough." I smiled as he chuckled slightly.

"Even in the roughest of times you still manage to have a sense of humor. You amaze me Katie. And I know this isn't my fault but I just can't believe they went this far."

"I know babe. But hey, I'll survive and get better. They told me I just had to stay overnight and I can go home tomorrow."

"And when you do get home I'm going to spoil you rotten until you are back to normal." His grin increased slightly.

"That's fine with me. Just do me one thing, don't treat me like I'm going to break. I just want to be treated normally."

"Alright. I can do that." He stood up from his chair and leaned over to place a loving kiss on my forehead. Just as he was sitting down we heard a scuffle outside the door and it opened and in fell Jimmy, Leana, Johnny and Lacey followed closely by Matt, Val, and Michelle as they were being forcefully pushed from behind by Brian. It was quite the sight as they were all complaining and trying to get into the room without being stepped on by the person that was trailing them. Once they were within the confines of my room Brian pushed the door and let out a sigh.

"You guys were supposed to go fast! She said there were only two people allowed but if we all hurried we could all come in, and you all decide to take your sweet time!" Zacky laughed and let out a cough to let them know that we were watching them.

All eyes turned to me and the guys' eyes went wide as the girls all let out gasps. As I looked at Val and Leana I saw they had started crying.

"Oh my gosh Katie." Lacey put her hand over her mouth. I gave a weak smile to them all. I'll say it was quite odd having them all stare at me. I started to get the feeling of weakness, not only physically but also emotionally this time. I hated being seen like this. Matt pulled a chair over to my other side of the bed that was opposite Zacky and Val sat in his lap as she gripped my other hand, the tears falling silently from her eyes. Jimmy walked over and tied some balloons onto my nightstand, most of them had some sort of get well message on them. He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead much like Zack had before returning to another chair in the room. Apparently I had failed to notice that Matt and Johnny had both brought in several more chairs in their scuffle to get through the door without getting caught.

"How ya holding up hun?" Brian questioned from his seat. They were all settled now and it had been silent until he decided to speak up.

"I'm hanging. Sore of course. It's kind of hard to breath but I'm managing. I can't believe you all came." I smiled.

"Oh come on Kate, be realistic. I will admit it was a handful getting all these chicks to keep it together on the way but we made it." Johnny laughed as Lacey smacked him in the arm.

"Not the time for jokes babe." She scowled. He pouted in response and I couldn’t help but smile at the two of them.

"Oh no, actually I appreciate it. I've always hated the seriousness of hospitals so I appreciate the jokes. It's just a little uncomfortable to laugh at the moment."

"Is you're stomach in bad shape?" Michelle asked timidly as if she were afraid to say something that would upset me. I nodded before looking at Zack and he took this as his cue to explain what had happened so I could rest for a few minutes.

Throughout the story telling, there were many gasps and by the end the guys all looked livid. As I looked at Matt I had never seen his eyes look so firey before. I looked down to see his hand was clenched resting on my bed and I released mine from Val's to grab his. Once I did he settled his gaze upon mine.

"Hey, relax. You look like you're going to murder someone and that's not your place trust me. I'll get better soon enough and then we'll press charges. Please, the last thing I need right now is you all being in a pissed off mood." His hand unclenched and grasped my own in return. Not to mention I didn't need to have to bail someone out of jail because of me.

"I know you'll pull through. You are one tough chick as we've learned. It's just the thought that he had enough guts to hurt you that pisses us off. We don't put up with anyone's shit."

"I know I know. As much as I hate looking like total crap it's just not worth it."

"Even when you look like crap you're still completely beautiful to me." Zacky snipped in quietly. Sobbing then emitted from Val once more and everyone turned to face her, Jimmy and Johnny both with raised brows.

"I'm sorry." She sniffled. "You guys are just too cute and I'm way too emotional right now." Laughs came from everyone even a small one which caused me to wince slightly but thankfully Zack was the only one who noticed.

The rest of the afternoon was spent just chatting. Everyone had put off their plans, much to my chagrin and had decided to spend the day with me. It was nice having them all there to keep me company. Visiting hours had come to an end however and everyone was getting ready to leave, Zack being the exception. They had come in and said that he could stay since he was the boyfriend but everyone else had to leave. They even brought in a cot for him to sleep in for the night.

We all said our goodbyes and they all assured me that they would be around tomorrow once I got home. I got gentle hugs from everyone and Val once again teared up. She had done so well but I guess just couldn’t keep it in any longer.

"We'll see you tomorrow kiddo." Jimmy winked at me.

"Ok. Night guys."

Everyone had vacated the room and it was back to just being Zacky and I.

"And you missy, should get some sleep too. I can tell you're getting tired again."

"Hey Zack?" He turned to face me once more.

"Can you sing to me?" My eyes were slowly drifting shut and I could tell I would be out in no time flat but it was just comforting to hear his voice still.

"Of course babe. Anything for you." He sat back down in his chair and held my hand once again. He rubbed small circles with his thumb over my bruised skin but somehow it felt relaxing.

His voice was so sincere as he sang.

"Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around when I'm much too far away."

All I knew before my eyes shut for the night was that I hoped Zacky was never too far away.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok every say it...... "awwwwww"

haha. hmmmm soooooo gena was behind it...... shocking? maybe? maybe not?