Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 26

A week had passed since "the incident", as we had now dubbed it. I spent most of my time relaxing either at home or at the studio with the guys. The police had called a few days after I returned home and said they had the guy in custody. Needless to say, we pressed chargers. Zacky also got the opportunity to tell Gena off and place a restraining order on her for both he and I. Val came by everyday to keep me company and give me some girl time. My bruises on my face were gone by now but the stomach ones were still there, just not as bad.

As much as we tried to keep this whole mess under the radar, it didn’t work. Soon after, an article came out in the paper and the fans were starting to find out. Apparently there was a lot of confusion as to who I was since people didn't know that Zacky had a new girlfriend already. Well let's just say we had some damage control to do. The guys posted a blog on their myspace and their website about the incident and informed the fans that Zack and I were together and that I was working with the band on the album. Now I just had to watch out for the fans that didn't like me over Gena, which Zack said should be few.

This particular morning found myself at the studio with Syn and Jimmy. The other three said they had some errands to run on their way here. I had caught a ride with these two since Syn had a guitar part he wanted to finish.

"Brian… what the heck do you think you're doing? You don’t record the original with reverb… you do that after. And who the hell messed with my settings?" I turned slowly to face Jimmy who was smiling innocently at me. Drummers… they always messed with the console. Mainly because the drums didn't have fun buttons to push.

"Heh, sorry hun. Couldn't help myself." I glared once more before turning to Brian who was looking at me like I was insane.

"We always record with reverb first though."

"Well you might do that, but I don’t. Just trust me this one time and if you don't find it any easier, we'll do it your way." He looked skeptical but nodded his head all the same. Silly boys, don't they know music recording is for girls? Apparently not.

Brian played the intro for a song that was going to be titled Afterlife. He claimed the night before he had an epiphany and just had to see how it would sound with the rest of the track that was already mostly done for the most part. Once he had finished playing, and I had added his beloved reverb, I played it back for him.

"Damn, how does it sound that clean?" He questioned after hearing the clarity of the track.

"That my dear is what happens when you add the reverb after the original recording." I smirked as I was embraced in two large tattooed arms.

"You are the best." I took a bow as Brian gave me a compliment that made my spirit to soar. Hey if you were told you were the best by one of the greatest guitarists out there you would be soaring too.

"What's up my homies we got tickets!" Zacky yelled through the studio in what was supposed to be a gangster accent. Too bad for him it was a lame attempt on his part.

"Yo homeslice. Tickets for what?" I asked as I turned on my spinning chair to face Zack, Johnny, and Matt who had just entered and were now standing with gangster poses in front of us. I couldn’t help but laugh. All three of them had on multiple bandanas, hats, sunglasses, somewhat baggy pants, you know, the usual, except their poses is what did me in. Matt stood in the middle with his arms crossed with Zack and Johnny on either side both stretched out with their arms crossed as well.

In the midst of my laughter Matt held out what looked like a bunch of tickets to something. I stood up and went to look but as soon as I reached out to grab them Matt pulled them behind his back.

I raised an eyebrow at his action and stood there having a mini staring contest with him.

"Well? Are you gonna let me see them or not?" I could hear Jimmy and Brian snickering behind me and I whipped around to glare at them as well. Obviously they knew what the tickets were for.

"Nope. I don’t think we will, just yet." And with that Matt picked me up off my feet and placed me outside the door to the studio before closing and locking it behind me. What the hell? I turned to face the door and started pounding on it. What were these guys playing at now?

"Come on guys! What's going on! And why am I freaking stuck out in the hallway???" I hollered. I stood there pounding on the door for several minutes before giving up and taking a seat on the floor with my back against the door. This was so not cool. After about fifteen minutes I was getting rather pissed off at the guys.

The door behind me was suddenly flung open and I fell flat on my back only to stare up at the green eyes that I was in love with, however at the moment I was aggravated with them.

"Well hello there." Zack chuckled down at me as I narrowed my eyes up at him.

"Care to join us?" He asked.

"Nope. I don’t think I do. Not when you guys kick me out of the room without even telling me why." I crossed my arms and pouted.

"You're too cute. Come on get up." He chuckled.

"Nope I think I'm perfectly comfortable where I am thanks."

"Ok then." With that he reached down and picked me up effortlessly before carrying me back into the room where the guys were all seated in chairs with guitars and such placed on their lap. Basically they were doing nothing productive which made my mood even worse. Zacky suddenly dropped me onto the couch, only it didn’t feel like a couch. More like it was someone's lap. That someone happened to be Brian.

"You guys could have at least got something done while I was being exiled in the hallway you know." They all laughed and my head moved up and down from its spot on Brian's lap.

"So, explanation please?" If they had the guts to lock me in the hallway, I wanted to know why.

I stared up at Brian before he pinched my cheek which frankly annoyed me even further. I was not one for secrets nor little games like this. I smacked his arm quickly which made him release my face. Today was not the day for them to be picking on me.

"You'll find out when we get home later." Zacky replied from where he sat tuning his guitar.

So wait… I went through all that for nothing? Are you kidding me? Oh here comes the blow up.

"What the fuck guys? You lock me outside for fifteen minutes after flashing tickets for something in my face and decide not to tell me?!" Ok so I was having a hormonal day. Sue me. We all have em. I was about to get up from the couch and go to the control room when I was pulled back down by Brian.

"Brian, let go." I said dangerously. I swear when I'm having one of my ultra rare days, you better not mess with me, and they were doing just that.

"But I don’t feel like it." He smirked. I turned to glare at him and gave him a swift punch in the arm which made him let go. I walked over to Zacky, gave him another glare and unhooked his car keys from his belt loop before turning to tell the guys I'd be back later and heading out the door.

There was only one place and thing that would calm me down now, and that was Starbucks.
♠ ♠ ♠
mmm Starbucks. the one place that keeps me sane these days.