Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 28

"Zachary Baker it's about time you two got here!" Zack's mother, Sarah, exclaimed as he and I walked through the front door of his parent's house.

"Oh come on Mom, we're twenty minutes late!" Zack rolled his eyes at me from over his mother's shoulders as they hugged. She released him from her grip and turned to face me.

"And it was probably all his fault too." I just nodded as Zacky look insulted as Sarah pulled me into a hug. "It's so nice to finally see you face to face Katie."

"It was not my fault." Zacky huffed once more before giving his dad, who had just entered the room, a manly hug as well.

"It's nice to finally see you too Sarah." I had to admit, it felt weird calling his parents by their first names but they had insisted over the phone the first time I talked to them.

"Well Zack you've got yourself one good looking girl. Nice to meet you hun." Zack beamed at his dad's comment before taking me by the waist and leading me into the kitchen.

"Here ya go Zack. What'll it be Katie? We've got some of those fruit cooler thingy's that Sarah loves if you'd like one." Zack took the beer from Mike and hopped up onto the counter before his legs took the place of his arms on my waist holding me in place. "Sure I'd love one."

"So Katie, you've talked to Sarah a lot and she's passed on a lot about you, but I want to hear it from the source, how do you like it here?"

Zacky had since set his beer down and moved his hands to my shoulders. His slight message was helping me to relax. I was slightly nervous but his parents were cool enough. This was just an added helper that I was loving.

"It's great here. Huntington is sure one gorgeous city. And despite the traffic, I prefer LA over San Diego. There's more to do. I've always been a city girl so this is great. Not to mention the beach is amazing here compared to San Diego."

"That's great. Well I'm glad you're settling in here just fine." The phone rang and Mike ran off to get it saying something about it being from his work on his way into the other room.

"So dear, can I ask, how are you feeling?" I knew instantly that Sarah was referring to my bruises. Zack had called her and informed her of the accident and she instantly was worried, as any mother figure would be.

"I'm actually doing really well. I don't need to load up on the pain medication anymore so that's nice. And Zack and I are pressing charges so it should all work out since we have a witness. But overall, I'm doing great. I'm ready for this mini vacation though." One of Zacky's hands left my shoulders and when it returned it was ice cold, meaning he had taken another drink of his so far abandoned beer. Sarah nodded somberly before heading to the fridge to pull out things for dinner. "That's good dear. I'm glad things are working out, and I'm sure you'll have a blast on this trip." She turned her head to wink at me.

"Mom! Don’t spoil anything."

"I'm not I'm not Zack calm your ass down." So Sarah knew about whatever Zack had planned. That just peaked my curiosity even more.

"Do you need help with anything Sarah?" I felt out of place just standing here not helping out.

"Oh no dear I've got it all already made. Mike just needs to put the chicken on the grill. Everything else is already done. Zack be a dear and take these out to your father will you?" She set a plate of seasoned chicken on the counter next to Zacky before turning back to the fridge.

"Sure thing mom. I'll be right back." He whispered in my ear before giving me a quick peck on the cheek and releasing me from his leg grip.

"So Katie, Zack's been treating you well I assume?" Sarah asked after Zack had left the house to go out back.

"He's been wonderful. To be honest, I wasn't so sure about him at first, he is a rockstar after all." I smiled thinking back to the first time I met him on the beach and how perverted he had been.

"He's quite the handful let me tell you. But he sure loves you to death. I can see it in his eyes. He hasn’t had that spark in ages but I'm sure glad to see it once again. You sure are a one of a kind girl. Are the other guys treating you well too?"

"Yeah they are all awesome. It's nice to finally have a group of friends that I fit in with."

"Those boys, I can't tell you the number of stupid things they've done over the years, and how many times we alongside everyone else's parents have had to bail them out of their sticky situations. Nice to know they've grown up, well grown up a little." She and I both laughed. That was the thing I loved about Sarah. She was so easy to talk to and she seemed to have a good relationship with all of the guys. I had no doubt Zack was a handful throughout his youth but she and Mike did do a good job raising him and Mattie.

~xXx~

Dinner came and went so quickly it seemed. I had a blast talking to Mike and Sarah, and hearing some stories that made Zacky blush. Those were the greatest. Especially the one about him and Mattie being brought home by the cops after tp-ing Brian's house just for fun when they were in high school. That had the nice embarrassment factor on it as could be seen in Zacky's face color while his mom was re-telling the story.

We said our goodbyes and Sarah had me promise to stop by when I had time for coffee, which would be easy seeing as they did live in the same city.

"I love your parents. They're too cool." I told Zack as he drove us back home.

"I'm glad. I don’t know about my mom and her damn stories though." I burst out laughing. "Don't worry. When you meet mine eventually they will have their share of stories as well. It's a parent thing."

"I guess so, but shit, it sure sucks when they pull that stuff."

"Aww did poor Zacky Vengeance get embarrassed by his parents tonight? That's probably the only thing that could ever embarrass you isn't it." I teased as we climbed out of the car.

"Oh you're in for it now. No one teases ZV and gets away with it." My eyes widened as I headed for the front door only to remember my keys were in my purse while Zack had the other set. I frantically searched for my set but was too slow on account that Zacky had slammed me up against the door as he unlocked the door. I struggled slightly while laughing but he had me around the waist as he opened the door, preventing me from getting away.

"Now you'll feel the Vengeance that is Zacky V." I couldn't help but laugh at his corny line. I could hear the smile in his voice as he let out an evil, deep laugh before dragging me up the stairs as Ichabod continued his little barks since he hadn't been greeted properly. As we approached his bedroom door he shoved me in before turning to his little dog. "Ok boy I've got a lesson to teach so go find something to do ok?" And with that he closed the door before tackling me to the bed.

"Are you gonna say you're sorry?" Zacky asked as he attacked me with his fingers. They were trailing up and down my body tickling me and I had no escape route.

"Never." I managed to gasp out.

"Oh well then alright. If that's how you want to play…" His tickling got more intense causing me to squeal and laugh even more.

"Ok! Ok! I'm sorry."

"And who are you sorry to and for what?"

"I'm sorry oh great Zacky that is all Vengeance for teasing you!" I gasped out in between tickles.

"Now that's more like it." He stared down into my eyes searching for something, and apparently he found it because his grin increased.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I replied. "We better get packed yeah?" I questioned remembering we left tomorrow for our getaway.

"That would be a smart thing to do I believe." We both stood up and I headed for the door. Not before receiving a nice smack to the ass that is. I turned to glare at Zack but he just winked and headed for his closet leaving me to head to my own door.