Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 35

"Remind me again why we volunteered to stay here and save the area?" Zacky and I were currently lying on the ground outside the castle on a blanket that Leana had brought. Zacky had volunteered us to save the seats that we had picked out to watch the fireworks from. The rest of the group had gone to get some coffee or hot chocolate and some snacks. The sky was now a lovely shade of dark blue and the lights around the Magic Kingdom had been illuminated.

"Because I felt lazy. That's why." I rolled over and he wrapped one of his arms around me, pulling me more into his embrace.

"I'm glad you're feeling back to normal finally. And that the bruises are gone." I was glad too. That week of just being able to relax really helped. And this vacation was definitely an added plus.

"Me too Zack." I paused for a moment as I watch some little kids go running by, dragging their parents by the hand. "Hey Zacky."

"Yeah babe?" His eyes were focused up at the stars that were now peeking through the night sky.

"Do you ever think about having kids someday?" I could tell my question surprised him. He rolled onto his side before watching me.

"Yeah. I have. I may not seem like the type, but I'd love to have kids someday. They make life more interesting." I could tell he was watching the same kids I was. "Why do you ask?" He turned his attention back to me.

"Just wondering." I smiled as the kids' parents made them stop to take a picture in front of the brightly lit castle. My family had a picture like that from when I was little. My parents used to bring myself and my brother and sister here often, back when it was so cheap. My family. I missed them so much. It had been so long since I last saw them. Sometimes I missed living with them. I missed my brother's witty remarks, my sister's blonde moments, my dad playing video games while we watched, my mom's cooking. I missed it all.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek before it was wiped away.

"Aw babe. What's wrong? This is supposed to be the happiest place on earth." Zacky hugged me tightly as I felt another tear fall.

"I miss my family Zacky. We used to come here all the time when I was little. And night time brings back the most memories." Was all I managed to get out before more tears spilt from my eyes.

"I'm sorry hun." Zacky cooed in my ear. He let me cry into his sweatshirt. I hadn't had a good cry since I moved out. At that time, I was ready to leave home. Now, I realized just how much I missed my family. They were so far away. And it had been a few years since I last saw them.

Zacky and I just laid there, him rubbing my back and me crying.

"Hey." I looked up to see Zacky was hovering over me now. "You'll be alright. I promise." He leaned down and kissed my lips.

"What the fuck? We leave you two alone for ten minutes and you're already getting ready to go at it." Jimmy exclaimed as we looked up and saw everyone returning back. Zacky just flipped him off and helped me sit up. Everyone else took a seat on the ground as well and Michelle passed me my coffee. Zacky reached his arm around my shoulders and ran his hand up and down my arm before pulling away and digging something out of the backpack.

"Here." He had pulled out a sweatshirt that happened to be his. He handed it to me to put on. "You've got goosebumps." I set my coffee on the ground and pulled the hoodie over my head. He placed his arm back in its spot on my shoulder.

"So we've got ten minutes till the fireworks. Anyone got any ideas for after since we've still for another three hours?" Johnny was looking at his watch as he spoke. The park was staying open until midnight tonight so we would still have time to kill. Everyone just kind of shrugged. I snuggled closer to Zacky as a small gust of wind blew and gave me the chills.

"Thunder Mountain might be fun. My family always used to go on that one at night." I said quietly.

"Yeah that sounds fun! Has anyone been on the Matterhorn yet?" Michelle asked from her spot snuggled up in Brian's arms.

Zacky nodded his head. "Yeah we have. But we can go again. That one's always fun in the dark." He squeezed me closer to him. The park lights suddenly turned off and the music for the fireworks started. I set my coffee down on the ground next to me as Zacky pulled me down so we were lying on the ground with my head on his chest, staring up at the sky.

He ran his fingers through my hair as we all watched the sky being illuminated by the fireworks. A flash nearby caught my attention. A flash that was not part of the show. I turned my head sideways and received a smile from Lacey who was holding her camera up toward Zacky and me. He just shook his head before turning back to face the sky.

The fireworks were a blast to watch. And I was sad when they were over. I was so comfortable lying on Zacky I didn’t want to get up.

"Did you like those?" Zacky questioned as we still laid there.

"Yeah. They were beautiful and fun to watch." I grinned as he kissed the top of my head.

"Kinda like you." He muttered as he continued to stroke my hair. I smiled at his remark but soon the smile left.

"Like Brian said earlier, they can't keep their hands to themselves!" Jimmy exclaimed. Zacky and I both turned to face him to find he had the video camera filming.

"Fuck you dude." Zacky flipped the camera off as I laughed.

"I think I'll let Katie fuck you thanks." He snickered as I sat up and glared at him.

Zacky sat up, causing me to fall into his lap, and not the part of his lap that was meant to lay on. I scooted down some so my head was resting on his thigh.

"Come on babe. Let's go." Zacky pinched my sides causing me to let out a giggle since it tickled. I slowly got up off of him and he stood up as well. We put everything back into our backpacks before making our way as a group toward Big Thunder Mountain.

***

"Hey babe. Wake up. We're back at the hotel." I was gently shaken awake by Zacky who had the car door open. I glanced over to see Brian was doing the same to Michelle.

"Mmm ok." I climbed out of the car before stumbling slightly. Thankfully I stumbled right into Zacky's arms.

"Woah there hun. Careful." I nodded and stood on my own. I blinked my eyes a few times and was now more alert.

"Hey we'll see you two later. Enjoy yourselves!" Brian told us with a wink. Michelle was also still half asleep so she just gave us a wave as we headed for the elevator in the parking garage. As I looked at my watch I saw that it was almost one in the morning. I just wanted to be in bed. We made it to our floor and Zacky unlocked the door before I wandered in and flopped on the bed. I heard Zacky toss his backpack on the couch in the other room before he too entered the bedroom.

"You should at least get your pjs on." He reached into my bag and pulled out my blue girl boxers and accompanying black tank top. I groaned before standing up and starting to undress right there on the spot. I was too tired to care tonight. I could tell Zacky was watching my every move. I turned to look and see that he indeed was. Once I was finished I went in and brushed my teeth before I climbed under the comfy covers. He stripped down to his boxers before he joined me.

I had never been more tired in my life. My feet ached, my arms were sore, and I now had a headache coming on.

"You need to go to sleep." Zacky informed me as he turned out the light and I cuddled up next to him. "We have another big day tomorrow." I groaned upon hearing this. That meant I wasn't getting to sleep in.

Zacky let his lips meet mine in a short but sweet kiss. "Night babe." I whispered through a yawn.

"Night sexy." He chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
ALRIGHTY!!!!! that's the last pre-typed part i have! from now on updates will be slightly slower since im still writing it haha.

let me know what you thought! thanks to everyone who's subscribed and commented!