Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 36

"So tell me again, why are Val and Michelle taking me to a spa for the afternoon?" I questioned as I finished getting my things packed up for my outing.

"Because I have some things to do with Matt and Syn. And you'll enjoy it." Zacky had his head buried in his bag looking for who knows what. This man confused me sometimes. Here I thought it was just going to be the two of us for the rest of the weekend. So much for that idea I guess. But I guess the spa would be fun. I never really have been to one before.

A knock on our door made Zacky perk up. He went over and opened it to let Matt, Val, Brian, and Michelle all in. I checked myself once more in the mirror and headed out to greet them.

"You ready?" Michelle and Val both had their small bags packed and looked excited for this. I saw Zacky giving Matt and Brian looks. The kind of look you give when something is up.

"Yeah I'm ready. Especially since 'mister something's going on and Katie doesn’t know about it' is giving weird looks now. Let's go." I gave Zacky a peck on the lips as he rolled his eyes at my new nickname for him. We said bye and they practically shoved us out the door.

"Well. That was odd. Zacky sure has been acting strange this morning." They smiled at me as we reached Matt's Hummer. "Oh so you guys know what's going on. I see how it is." I huffed as I climbed into the back seat while they both took the front.

"Just relax girl. This is Zacky we're talking about. He knows what he's doing." Michelle turned around to look at me as she spoke. I just rolled my eyes as we drove.

***

"Damn this feels so good!" Val exclaimed as the masseuse worked the knots out of all of our backs. I had to agree. This was heavenly. We had already had manicures and pedicures done and were now onto the third stage out of four. The last was a facial, and I was looking forward to that. I still had no idea what the purpose of this visit was, but right now, I wasn't complaining. It felt too good to complain.

Brian and Matt had each called Val and Michelle a few times, but strangely enough, I hadn’t heard from Zack. It was especially odd since they were all together. I couldn’t help but wonder what was going on.

"Alright miss, you're all finished." The masseuse told me as I stood up and wrapped my robe carefully around me. I felt great. There was not one kink or knot in my body. This was certainly something I needed and I was enjoying every second of it. I need to have Zacky start doing this for me.

"To the facial room!" Michelle said as she led the way down the hallway. Apparently facials were her favorite part. Val just rolled her eyes at her twin sister.

"She's mental sometimes I swear!" She whispered in a hushed tone as Michelle pranced down the hallway.

I had to agree with Michelle though. The facials were wonderful.

"I can't see anything." I muttered as I laid there with the cucumbers on my eyes. It was kind of an odd feeling.

"Well duh! That's the point!" Michelle exclaimed from her spot on my right. "Well, maybe not the point, since the point is to help the skin around your eyes, but still!" Val and I both laughed at her explanation.

"So are either of you going to tell me what's been going on today?" I tried to ask casually, hoping one of them might let is slip.

"Nope." They both answered having a twin moment. I didn't have to see them to tell they both wore wide grins.

"Oh you both suck." I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest. That did me no good. "I'm pouting." I informed them. They just laughed again at my lack of eyesight.

"Shut up. It’s not funny." I continued to whine. I seriously wish I knew what was going on. Being like an ostrich with your head in the sand is never a good idea, nor is it fun.

I was very rarely left in the dark about things, but let me tell you, when it happened I didn’t like it one bit. I mean sure. Sometimes the mysteriousness of it all was exciting, but other times, when you were the only one to not know, it got annoying and aggravating.

"Sorry hun, but we were sworn to secrecy. But we can tell you that we think you'll enjoy whatever it is." Val spoke. I lifted my head and pulled off a cucumber before looking to see she had a huge grin on her face. I sighed before laying back down and replacing the cucumber.

***

"I can't freaking believe they dropped me off at the hotel and left." I muttered as I stood in front of our hotel with my bags in hand. They had pulled up into the loading zone, told me they had some stuff to do, pushed me out and drove off. Some friends I have.

The hotel was oddly quiet as I made my way toward the elevator. Looking at my cell phone I saw it was only five in the evening. I would have expected people to be coming and going around this time.

As I entered the elevator I sighed and leaned up against the wall. Today had been a really good day, but I knew it was far from over. I just didn't know how far from over it was.

The hallway felt creepy as I stepped out into it. It was deserted and quiet. Maybe it was the fact that I was expecting something to happen that made it feel different. I don’t know. I slid my key into the slot and pushed open the door.

Looking around, I saw that the living room area was empty.

"Zacky?" I called out but received no answer. I set my bags down and made my way into the bedroom. A small gasp came out of my mouth as I stared at a gorgeous dress that was laying on the bed with a note.

Katie,
I hope you like this. When I saw it, it screamed out your name. Get changed, and head to room 689.
– Z


The dress was absolutely stunning. Zacky sure had good taste. The dress was black and long. It had a high slit up the side that came to high thigh level. It came together in an X sort of fashion and was brought together in the front by a giant diamond broach. Lying next to the dress, were two jewelry boxes. I carefully picked up the small one to see a pair of dangly diamond earrings and in the other box was an accompanying necklace. They were to die for. Zacky had really outdone himself this time. I felt a tear start to slide down my cheek and I hastily wiped it away. No guy had ever done something like for me before. I didn't even know what this something was, but it was sure starting out great. I truly had a wonderful man on my hands.

I quickly changed into the dress and found that it fit perfectly in all areas. How he knew my size I will never know but he was good. I gently put the earrings and necklace on before looking to see if there were shoes anywhere. Sure enough, he hadn't missed a beat. There sitting on the floor next to the bed were a pair of black stilettos. I slipped them on and made my way into the bathroom to try and fix my hair up. I had been fixing my dress as I walked and failed to notice the red sticky note that was taped to the mirror until it was staring me in the face.

Don't worry about your hair or makeup. Just go to room 689. Is what was scrawled in Zacky's messy handwriting. I took the note off the mirror and shook my head as I set it down on the counter. I snagged my purse and headed out and down the hall where I gently knocked on the appropriate door.

"Ahhh! You look gorgeous!" Leana squealed as she threw the door open. I was kind of in shock at her excitement as she ushered me into the room.

"You do look amazing." I turned to see Jimmy was lounging on the couch with his glasses on and a book lying face down on his chest. Sort of an odd sight, Jimmy reading.

"Thank you. I'm still not sure what's going on but thanks." I chuckled nervously. Leana placed her hand on my back and led me in to the bathroom while Jimmy just laughed and gave me a small wave which I returned from the door.

"So my job, is to make you look irresistible!" She squealed as she pushed me down into a chair that she must have brought in. "And where is my partner in crime? She's late." She mumbled as she pulled out her make-up bag.

"I'm here babycakes!" A voice I recognized to be Lacey's called out from the other room before she came barging through the door.

"So let me get this straight." I paused cocking an eyebrow at the two women who stood before me, one with a make-up bag in hand, the other with hair accessories. "Today was a group effort right? Val and Michelle took me to the spa, and now you two get to get me dolled up for whatever Zacky has planned?" Smiles erupted on their faces as they both nodded vigorously before setting to work as I groaned.

What a night this is going to turn out to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Thiiiiiiissssss is the dress!

So i didn't like this one very much. A little foreshadowing going on I guess. Buuut all will be revealed soon! And I have a feeling it might not be what some of you are thinking.