Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 39

"Zacky would you calm down? It's just my parents! The house doesn’t need to be perfect." I chuckled as I watched Zacky run around like a chicken with his head cut off. He had a duster in his hand and a rag in the other. Seeing that he wasn’t going to listen to me I stood up from my spot on the couch and made my way over to where he was dusting. I grabbed his face in my hands and made him stand up and face me.

"Relax." His eyes bore into mine as he slowly nodded his head. I gave him a quick peck before releasing his face and making my way back over to the couch. Zacky had done nothing but fret over the arrival of my parents for the entire week. They were only here for a day, so why he was cleaning the house like they were moving in was beyond me. He made his way over and sat next to me. His arm snaked around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him.

"I'm just nervous." Come on Zack. Tell me something I don't already know. He was cute when he was nervous though. It was a rare side of Zacky Vengeance that wasn’t shown often.

"I know babe. But there's no reason for you to be. They are going to love you. I know it." I gave him a reassuring smile which was returned slightly.

"They could be here any minute though! Shit I'm so not ready for this." I watched as his eyebrows furrowed and his grip on my shoulders tightened. The doorbell rang causing Zacky to jump up from the couch. I followed suit and rested my hand on his shoulder.

The front door opened and I was immediately engulfed in a hug from my mom.

"Kaaaatie!!! I missed you!" My mom was shoved aside as my younger sister took her place, only she practically tackled me to the ground.

"Oh geez Karissa. Relax girl." She let go and I hugged the rest of my family. They all came in and I figured introductions were in order. Glancing around I noticed my family all had smiles on their faces at the sight of me and Zack.

"Zacky this is my dad Brent, my mom Carmen, my sister Karissa and brother Kyle. Everyone else, this is my lovely boyfriend Zacky. But you guys already knew that." My mom went over and gave Zack a hug, which he returned with a smile on his face. He shook my dad and brother's hands before Karissa stepped up to him. I could tell she was still sort of star struck seeing as she had always been a fan of the guys. Her friends were in fact all pretty jealous I was dating him, but she was so happy for me, which made me glad. Gotta love those freshman girls sometimes.

"Umm hi." I laughed as she shyly gave him a hug before pulling away to reveal her slightly red face.

"Come on in. Would you guys like anything to drink?" Zacky offered as we made our way into the living room.

"I'll get drinks. I know everyone's preference." I pushed Zacky down onto the couch before dragging my mom and sister into the kitchen with me. The look on Zacky's face as he was left with my dad and brother was rather priceless. I, of course, knew they wouldn’t grill him too much.

Reaching into the fridge I pulled out two sodas for my brother and sister along with a water for my mom and three beers, one for Zacky, my dad, and myself. I placed them all on the counter before my hand was grabbed by my sister.

"That's gorgeous!" She exclaimed as she looked at the ring on my finger.

"Thanks. It's a promise ring." My reply was sheepish but my mom had the biggest grin on her face.

"Oh honey I'm so happy for you two. I may not know much about Zacky just yet but I can tell you're really happy with him."

"I am. He's really a great guy. And so is the rest of the group. I wish you guys could meet them as well. You'd definitely get a kick out of them." Karissa helped me grab the drinks and we made our way back into the living room. The sound of laughter made me smile as I saw that Zacky and my dad were laughing at something my brother had said. We passed out the drinks and all took a seat, me beside Zacky.

We all sort of sat there for a moment, not knowing what to say. My parents had kept up with my life, I told them about our weekend out and other things that had gone on.

"So how's Japan holding up without me?"

"It's barely hanging Katie. I miss having you around." The look on Karissa's face made me want to cry. She and I are so close that it really is hard being away from her.

"Trust me Riss, I miss you more I bet." Zacky wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we sat and chatted. Kyle apparently now had a new girlfriend, one that Karissa couldn’t stand. Karissa still had no boyfriend, but she, much like me, had a lot of guy friends.

My parents asked a lot about the band and how the recording was going. They talked to Zacky a lot about himself. My dad was sort of stern at first but then he started opening up, something that was typical for him. I could tell he was getting to like Zacky which I knew he would. As for my mom, I could tell she already adored my rockstar boyfriend. Zacky was being very honest about things with them. He told them of his past, the drugs, the booze, the girls (that part earned a frown from my parents). But when he told about his nasty breakup with Gena and how he met me, things got better from there.

Ichabod had decided to finally make an appearance and my sister was cooing all over him. It was cute the way she picked him up and sat him on her lap while she pet him. He seemed to really like her.

"So Zacky you're treating her well I assume?" My dad smiled warmly at him, already knowing the answer to his own question.

"I do believe so sir. She hasn’t complained." My dad chuckled at Zack's answer as I shook my head at the two of them. "And well, I'd like to marry her someday, if that's alright with you." My dad eyed the ring on my finger, knowing it was promise ring, before looking back to Zacky.

"I think I can speak for everyone when I say we'd love to have you be a part of the family." My dad winked at me. He was something else. I looked next to me to see Zacky was practically glowing. He had gained the family approval, something he had been worried about.

"So is anyone hungry? Anyone care to come help me?" Everyone got up and followed me into the kitchen. I handed Zacky the steaks and he headed out back with Kyle and Karissa in toe.

"I'm happy for you hun. He's perfect for you." My dad whispered in my ear as he gave me a hug.

"Thanks dad. That means a lot to me. He really is amazing and I couldn’t ask for anyone better. The rest of the guys are great as well. It's like one big family." I could tell I was glowing while talking about the guys and girls. It was a great feeling to know I was loved by so many people.

***

"Kyle you're captain of the varsity football team?!? Why did I not hear of this???" My brother had just informed me of this news over dessert and I was shocked yet ecstatic at the same time.

"Wow! Congrats man!" Zack chimed in after me.

"Thanks. I guess I kind of forgot. Things have just been so crazy lately." Kyle scratched the back of his neck, obviously embarrassed that he forgot to tell me that.

"Yeah, busy going out with your girlfriend." Karissa taunted back. Those two were always like that.

"Karissa!" My mom scolded not looking impressed.

"Well it's true!" If there was one thing Karissa was good at it was keeping up with my brother when it came to remarks.

"They sound like me and my brother when we were younger." Zacky chuckled beside me.

My parents stood up from their spot and I knew where this was going; it was time for them to leave. It just didn’t seem fair to me. It had been so long and yet they only come for a day. They were off to see other family members, something I was jealous of. Well sort of.

"Ugh do we really have to go to grandma and grandpa's? You know how bored we get there." Karissa's statement was true. These were my dad's parents and they were way too conservative with everything. Come to think about it, I'm sure my grandma would have a heart attack if she ever met Zacky. She was completely anti-piercings and anti-tattoos. Claimed they "ruined your body".

"Yes Riss. Just deal with it alright?" My brother rolled his eyes while giving me a hug and a kiss. When it was her turn she begged me not to make her go, but we both knew she had no choice. I pulled away and turned to my parents, tears starting to form in my eyes. I hugged them both and Zacky did the same.

"Oh hun. We'll be back soon enough. Maybe for a wedding eventually." My mom gave Zacky a wink causing me to laugh.

"You take good care of her Zack." My dad turned to him.

"I will sir." He grinned at me before giving me a quick peck on the lips. I heard my mom sniffle and we both turned to see she was crying.

"Oh mom."

"I'm just so happy for you two!" My dad's face held an amused face and Kyle looked like he was going to puke while Karissa just smiled.

"Alright let's get this show on the road." They all climbed into their rental car and waved as they drove off. We got back into the house and I let my tears fall.

"Why don't you go take a shower and I'll get dinner cleaned up alright?" I nodded as Zacky kissed me once more before sending me up the stairs.

Fuck I was going to miss them.
♠ ♠ ♠
ALRIGHTY!!! sorry for the delay with this... and i'm sorry its short! I HAAAATE writing short chapters but i struggled with this one. And sadly the end is coming up soon.... BUT THERES A SEQUAL!!!

now i know that there hasnt been much drama in this story, and there wont be. sorry if you dont like it but thats how i had it planned.

now for the IMPORTANT PART!!!!

if you dont already know... my family is moving from san diego to washington dc... me included. the movers come MONDAY!!! so my life has been a three ring circus lately! its absoultely insane and ive literally had NO time to write. once my crap is gone then i should have more time. but its just rough.

so thats why this took a while to get out. ive been running my butt off with things to do before monday. and not to mention a friend and myself are going up to Huntington Beach thursday... HEHEH!!!! be jealous!!!!! lol jk jk. but yeah. it's like my last hooray before the move. should be fun.

but thanks for sticking with me! let me know what you think of it!

PSSSSSSS!!!!!! go read my dear friend Faunalynn's stuff!!!!! shes got some AWESOME stories going on!