Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 4

The next morning I awoke to “Dead!” by My Chemical Romance blasting through my stereo. Looking at my clock I saw it was only 8. I could have sworn I set that thing for 9. It’s no use trying to go back to sleep. I’m one of those people where once I’m awake I stay awake. Getting up and out of bed I wandered into the bathroom and turned on the shower hoping it would help me wake up. Some days I was a morning person and others I wasn’t. This just so happened to be one of those days where I wasn’t. Once I got home last night I had called CJ and told her my situation and she said she would gladly cover for me. We also had to re-schedule looking for an apartment but I mean come on… this is one of those chance in a lifetime things!

After finishing in the shower I wandered over to my closet and attempted to find something to wear for the day. Since we were going to the beach it was obvious I was going to wear a swimsuit but the question became which one? After dragging them all out I settled on a two piece that was dark blue with bright green Hawaiian flowers on it. After putting it on I was now faced with the decision of what to wear over it. This is the first time I’ve ever met the guys so I want to make a good impression yet I also want to be myself. I pulled out a pair of simple jean shorts and threw on my black belt with bright blue studs. Fishing through my shirts I decided on a black tee that said ‘Life’s a beach’ on the front and on the back stated ‘So go surfing’. Heading back into the bathroom I put on my foundation along with black eyeliner and waterproof black mascara to top it all off. I certainly am not a big make-up whore. Simple works for me. Walking out of the bathroom and over to my desk I put on my white puka shell necklace and put a pair of bright blue spike ball earrings in my first set of holes followed by simple black balls in the second set. Now most people would judge by today’s choice of clothing that I was a surfer type chick. Well you’d only be part right. I’ll wear just about anything but I can mostly be found sporting surf shirts or band tees. One day I can look like a surfer and the next I’ll look punkish. It really just depends on how I’m feeling.
Looking back at my clock I saw it was only 9:30. Yeah I know I take awhile to get ready. It happens. Seeing that I had an hour and a half left to kill I thought I might as well check my email and mess around on the internet for a bit. Walking into the kitchen I plopped down at the table in front of my ever so lovely laptop. Logging into hotmail I was pretty shocked to see I had twenty-two new emails.

“You have got to be kidding me” I muttered with a fitting frown placed upon my face. I hardly ever got that many emails overnight.

“Well at least this gives me something to do.”

An hour and a half later I finally found myself at 11 o’clock. By then I had finished up my emails and packed up my bag with my beach towel and sunscreen and had placed my favorite pair of black sunglasses on top of my head. I slipped on my black flip flops and sat down on my couch awaiting the arrival of Brian who I was hoping didn’t get lost on me. Right as I flipped on the tv however, my doorbell rang and immediately my nerves came back to me.