Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 43

"I just wanna be famous cause fame is contagious. Now all the playboy bunnies want my money from me. Show up at the Grammies so loaded they band me the money is for nothing and the chicks are for free." I sang along with the Puddle Of Mudd cd that currently occupied the stereo. Zacky had gone over to Matt's to pick up some tour set ideas that they had written out. I was stuck at home getting ready to go out to dinner with Zack. Looking around the bathroom I realized that I had left my hair straightener in the bathroom downstairs. I wasn’t dressed yet but was only still in undergarments. No one was home except me though.

I slowly made my way down the stairs and into the bathroom while still singing at the top of my lungs. I snagged my straightener and made my way back down the hall. I closed my eyes and continued walking. A low whistle coming from what I knew to be the living room made me stop in my tracks and caused my eyes to widen. Staring at me with identical smirks were all five guys. Zacky was looking rather amused as he pressed pause on the stereo remote that was firmly in his grip.

I let out a squeal before trying to cover myself which only resulted in laughs from the guys. It was a lost cause. Good thing I at least had boy shorts on. Sighing I turned to Zacky who was still looking extremely amused.

"Thanks for telling me you wouldn't be coming home alone." I could feel the heat rising on my cheeks as the guys continued to stare at me.

"Oh you're very welcome." He replied with a laugh. I groaned before heading back to the stairs.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a dinner date to get ready for." I wiggled my eyebrows at Zack from over my shoulder.

"Dude, she looks hot with almost nothing on." There was a smack followed by an "Ow! Fuck!" and one can assume that Zacky had smacked Jimmy for his comment. Chuckling I continued up the stairs to my bedroom and into the bathroom to finish getting ready for tonight.

Zacky told me to go comfortable and not fancy. He wouldn’t tell me where we were going but he had informed me that it was someplace super casual. I made my way to my closet before changing undergarments and pulling on my tight frayed jean skirt and a light blue top. I snagged one of my black vests and tugged it on over my shirt. Although it was casual, the top was low cut so it gave Zacky a nice view yet still looked nice and not slutty.

Twenty minutes later I was surveying myself in the mirror to make sure I looked alright. My hair was lightly curled and was framing my face. My makeup was just the way I liked it, simple and not too overpowering. My earrings and necklace glittered against the mirror and I smiled at my reflection. Hoping I looked alright I made my way down stairs to go find Zacky.
Looking around I realized he must have been upstairs getting ready to go still. I laid down on the couch and decided to take a small rest while I waited. My eyes drifted shut but I wasn't able to sleep obviously.

***

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" I asked as we drove. We had just gotten in the car and taken off but if there was one thing I'd learned about Zacky Vengeance it was that he liked surprises. He grinned at me like the Cheshire Cat and shook his head.

My worries about my dress attire were washed away when Zacky had walked into the living room in a pair of faded blue jeans and one of his button down plaid short sleeved shirts. I had picked out an okay outfit and Zacky had mentioned that I looked very sexy tonight.

"We're here." My head looked out the window to see we were at the beach. Furrowing my eyebrows, as I didn't see any restaurants around, I looked over at Zack to see him still grinning. We both got out of the car and he led me toward the sand. His hand grabbed mine and he intertwined our fingers together. His thumb rubbed small circles over the skin of my hand as we moved. As we neared the water I noticed a blanket sitting on the sand. I stopped in my tracks as we got nearer and I noticed there were several candles lit and flower petals littered the blanket. There was a small basket lying off to the side that I presumed held food.

Zacky moved from my side to behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist before pushing me forward toward the romantic setting. We sat down without saying a word to eachother. I smiled as Zacky pulled out some food and set a plate before me.

"I figured my special girl deserved a special night out."

Zacky and I both ate quickly and somewhat quietly. There was some small chatter but we both were just enjoying being in the company of eachother. Once we were done he stood and held his hand out for me to take.

"Wanna go for a walk?" I nodded sheepishly as I took his hand.

"Did you do all of this yourself?" I questioned as we walked.

"For the most part. Matt helped a bit with the setup though." I'd have to be sure to thank Matt later.

The beach for the most part, was empty surprisingly. A few kids were running away from their parents here and there, a loose dog would run into the water and retrieve a ball before returning to its owner. We passed a few couples who like us, were too engrossed in eachother to care about noticing others.

Zacky stopped as we reached a somewhat secluded area of the beach. It was right near a wall of rock that separated the sand from the PCH that ran above it. It was quiet and the only noise was coming from the waves that crashed against the shore. Zacky wrapped his arm around my waist from behind once more and we stood watching the waves crash.

"This reminds me of our very first date." I whispered out. He nodded his head that was resting against mine.

"It sure does. That's why I wanted to come out here tonight." I felt his arms tighten slightly and flinch, something he only did when he was nervous.

"Well, that’s actually not the only reason I brought you out here." I could hear the uncertainty in his voice and it immediately made me worry that something was wrong. His arms released me and turned me around so that I was facing him as well as the setting sun in the background. His hands clasped against mine as he looked me in the eyes before starting to speak once more.

"The life of a rockstar is never an easy one. Girls come and go, some only wanting your money or fame, others just wanting to have the opportunity to say they fucked a famous person. It's rare to come across a woman who loves you for who you are and not who you try to be or who you are on stage. Each of the guys in the band found this person long ago and I was the outcast for a period of time. When Gena left I was jealous, angry, resentful and a downright asshole. And then the guys informed me that we were going on vacation to try and get rid of this new found personality I had acquired." He paused for a moment before continuing.

"Before we left, had someone told me that I would find the girl of my dreams down in San Diego, I would have laughed in their face. But little did I know, San Diego held more than the girl of my dreams, but the girl I wanted to be with for the rest of my life."

He released my hands and knelt down on one knee in the sand. By this time the tears were freely flowing out of my eyes and ran down my face. My hands covered my mouth as he continued his speech.

"Katie no girl has ever made me feel the way I do around you. I can be myself around you. You take my shit, laugh at my perverted comments, deal with me when I'm horny. You get along with my friends and fit in like a sister to them all. My family adores you, something that doesn’t typically happen, and I think my dog loves you more then he does me." He let out a light chuckle before staring into my watering eyes.

"But the one thing I am one hundred fucking percent sure of is that I love you more than anything in this world. And it would make me the luckiest guy on the planet if you would stand by my side for the rest of our lives. Katie, will you marry me?"

He reached into his pocked and pulled out a black box before opening it and revealing a ring that any girl would die to wear. I couldn’t even look at it properly due to the tears that were falling.

"Zacky." My voice choked out. "Of course I'll marry you." I bent down and threw my arms around his neck causing us both to go flying backward into the sand. I pressed my lips against his in a passionate kiss before he pulled away. I was lying on top of him as he took my hand and slid the promise ring off before replacing it with the diamond and sapphire engagement ring. He slipped the box back into his pocket before grabbing the back of my head and pulling my lips to his once more.

We ended up rolling around in the sand as we made out under the setting sun. His hands roamed under my shirt and mine were tangled in his now sandy hair.

"I love you." I mumbled against his lips as we held still. His arms were resting under the back of my shirt and mine were running through his hair lightly still. He sat us both up so I was sitting on his lap. I chuckled slightly as I saw bits of sand scattered in his black hair and across his shirt. My hands gently brushed off the sand on his shirt but his hair was a lost cause, as I'm sure mine was as well. I leaned slowly toward his ear before sucking on the lobe lightly.

"You look sexy with sand in your hair." I bit his ear once more and immediately heard him groan. I also felt a very apparent bulge growing under my ass as I sat on his lap.

"Once this sun sets we are going home and you're gonna finish what you started." He grumbled under his breath.

"Oh baby I'd be glad to." He grinned before kissing my lips gently once more.

Well this was it. I was engaged to the one and only Zacky Vengeance. A guy I never thought I could fall head over heels for. Or that could fall for me in the same manner.

And yet, it felt like my life was so complete. Wait until I told the girls tomorrow.

***

"Holy fuck! That bastard proposed and didn't even tell me?!?!" Val screeched the next day as I walked into her and Matt's house. It seemed strange that she had no idea since Matt did help Zacky out a bit after all. "I am gonna kick his ass as soon as I get a look at the ring!" Her yelling faded into a squeal as she grasped a hold of my hand before pulling the ring right up to her eye to take a good look at it. Her eyes widened before she dropped my hand and pulled me into a tight hug. Not letting go she started chanting "Katie and Zacky getting married!" over and over again until Matt walked into the room with Zacky in toe. She finally released me and turned to give a dark scowl to Zacky who grinned sheepishly.

"Umm hi Val." She marched right up to him and smacked him in the chest before glaring once more. Her demeanor didn’t last long however before she engulfed him in a hug. Matt did the same to me but he decided to pick me up and spin me as well.

"Congrats kid." He mumbled before giving me a huge grin and setting me down.

"Looks like our little Zacky is gonna be the first to settle down! Who would have thought!" A new voice joined the room as the front door was thrown open. It was easy to tell the voice belonged to Brian and he couldn't have sounded happier.

The room became a blur as I was engulfed in a dogpile on the floor by the rest of the girls. Each were screaming something about my new engagement but it was hard to tell who was saying what.

"Alright! I can't breathe!" I managed to scream out and one by one the girls peeled off of me.
They were all still bouncing on the balls of their feet as one by one I hugged the remaining guys.

"Well you both know what this means right?" Jimmy grinned. His eyes held an evil glint to them.

"Bachelor and Bachelorette parties."
♠ ♠ ♠
so I only got one comment on the last part =(
if you liek it, or think i can improve somehow. and dont just write "i love it" please tell me why. i loving getting constructive comments.

NOW..... this is not the last part.... buuuuut it is coming up really soon! like maybe 4 more parts. BUT there will be a sequel that i'm already working on hehe.

thanks to everyone who reads! i love you guys!