Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 5

Opening up my front door I found myself staring into a pair of entrancing hazel eyes. A smile came over my face as I looked up and spotted the usual fedora that sported the one and only Synyster Gates’ head.

“Hi I’m Brian. But I bet you already knew that.” He stated with a nervous laugh.

Chuckling I smirked and replied with “Yeah I know. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Katie. But I bet you already knew that too. Why don’t you come in for a second and I’ll grab my stuff.”

“Alright.” was his reply.

He followed me into the kitchen and I could tell he was looking around as we walked. Stepping up to my laptop I shut it down and closed it. I then turned and grabbed my bag and keys off of the counter.

“This is a nice place you’ve got here.” Yep I was right. He was scoping things out.

Smiling slightly I told him “Oh don’t make me laugh. If you’re going to say that then say it to my landlord who is ever so kindly kicking me out in two weeks to renovate the place.”

“Shit. Are you serious??? Two weeks isn’t that far away. Where are you going to go?” The look on his face let me know he was concerned that I had to leave so soon and that he was going to worry if I didn’t have a plan.

But the last thing I needed was someone I had just met worrying over me, so smiling I told him, “Well as of now I don’t have anyplace to go but in a few days my friend and I are going out to look for a new place. Hopefully it won’t be too hard to find one.” And I left it at that. The look on his face however told me I’d be hearing more of it when we got with the other guys.

“Well shall we head out? We don’t want to keep the other guys waiting.” I really didn’t want to keep them waiting. I was extremely anxious to meet them all. We headed out of my apartment, I locked the door and we headed for the car.

“Yeah especially Zacky. He seemed the most anxious to meet you for some reason. He’s actually part of the reason why we came down here. I might as well tell you because if he seems kind of forward this is why. He recently broke up with his girlfriend. We had gone to a bar one night and he found Gena there with some other guy. It was pretty nasty. The other guy gave him a fucking black eye and then Gena told him she was only in it for the money. Poor guy’s been out of it for awhile. We figured he needed a break because his emotions were starting to effect our recording and then when he heard another chick was going to be with us today it cheered him up a lot. My guess is he’ll try to get into your pants although you don’t seem like that type of girl.” He ended with a laugh.

“Yeah that’s definitely not how I am and I’m sure he’ll figure that out. So the rest of you are still going strong with your girlfriends then?” I dared to ask.

“Oh yeah. Things are great for the rest of us! The girls decided to have their own weekend out as well since we came down here. I just hope Michelle doesn’t spend all my money.” He smiled and shook his head a little.

By the time we had finished this conversation we had reached his black Hummer. My eyes were wide with excitement as he opened my door for me and then went around to the driver’s side.

“Damn you have a nice car. I’ve always wanted to ride in one of these things!” Yes I was excited to ride in a Hummer. I’ve always seen them but never been in one before. After we climbed in and shut the door he started up the car and I was immediately met with the sound of Metallica blaring through his speakers. He turned it down a bit and we were off.
The fifteen minute ride to Coronado consisted mainly of small chit chat. I think he was waiting to ask the big questions until we got with the rest of the crew so I didn’t have to answer them twice. This was confirmed shortly after when he told me I would probably be grilled by the guys since they would want to know all about me.

After we had crossed over the bridge to Coronado, Brian said that he couldn’t remember the name of the café but he did know it was right next to a Starbucks on Orange Ave. We eventually found it and pulled around back to park. As we got out of the car, yet again those stupid nerves were in my stomach. It felt like I had butterflies everywhere! I think Brian could sense this because he turned to me and said “Don’t be nervous. I think the guys are all just as anxious to meet you as you are to meet them. You really impressed us with what you said in the email. They will love you I know it.”

As we entered the store I was greeted by the backs of the other four-fifths of Avenged Sevenfold. Matt was talking to the girl behind the counter telling her what he wanted while Jimmy, Johnny and Zacky all were huddled around the glass case full of pastries trying to decide what they all wanted as well.

“So did you miss me?” Brian asked as we got closer to the group.

At once they all looked over at us and Jimmy immediately asked “Did you get lost?”

“No I didn’t dipshit” Brian said as a frown made its way upon his face.

Jimmy replied with an “Aw shit.” While Johnny threw his fist in the air and said “Pay up Rev!”

“Wooo looks like we picked a hot one boys.” Was the first thing out of Zacky’s mouth once he set his eyes on me. I felt extremely self-conscious as he looked me up and down taking me in all together. He walked up to me, introduced himself and gave me a hug as did the rest of the guys.

After the introductions were made I looked back at the case of food and was trying to decide what to get while the other guys ordered but my gaze was interrupted by a heavily tattooed arm resting around my shoulders. Looking to my left I saw that the arm belonged to none other than Zacky and he told me to get whatever I wanted, that he was treating me today. Once everyone had ordered and received their food Johnny turned to me with a smirk and said “I sure hope you know what you got yourself into today babe. You’re stuck with five guys. It’s going to be an extremely long day and you may be sick of us by the time we decide to take you home… if we do decide to do that that is.”

“I think I can handle it thanks.” came my reply with a smirk of my own. Little did they know I grew up around guys all the time so anything they did I would surly be used to.

Brian, myself, and Zacky all piled into Brian’s Hummer while Matt, Jimmy and Johnny all settled into Matt’s dark green Escalade. We followed Matt out onto the road and started our 5 minute drive to the beach. Brian and Zacky were making stupid jokes about the tourists that were walking around on the street looking in all the shops.

“Ummm you two do realize that you are tourists here as well right?” I asked with a raised eyebrow. This wasn’t their turf either after all.

Zacky stuck his head up between the front seats and looked at me like I was crazy. I was going to take the back seat but he insisted that lovely ladies such as myself should sit up front. I think he was just trying to get on my good side personally.

“Well yeah but have you seen some of these people? They look like they’ve never been to the beach before! You would think they would at least have some idea of what to wear when you go to the beach.”

I always did notice that some people lacked the typical California beach apparel but who was I to criticize? A vacation is a vacation. Why care what other people think? The guys had all been wearing board shorts and tees along with flip flops. I will say it was kind of weird to see because the guys sort of pegged me as guys who would never be caught wearing flip flops and board shorts no matter where they went. But no matter they looked like typical Californians to me… even with the tattoos and piercings.

As we pulled up to the beach everyone clambered out of the cars and proceeded to open Matt’s trunk and pull out a few coolers, chairs, towels and even a few boogie boards. I also noticed they had some firewood in the back too which led me to believe they were planning on a bon fire once it got dark since they had fire rings on the beach for people to use. I tried to offer to carry something but they all shook their heads and said they could handle it. The cars were locked and we all headed out into the white sand and toward the beautiful blue ocean to start our day.