Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 53

The ocean waves crashed in the background as the sun set beyond the horizon. Beer cans were scattered around in the sand and some still remained untouched in one of the coolers. Laughter erupted from almost everyone's mouths as a joke was told. My fingers were wiggling as they stretched out in front of me to reach closer to the bon fire that the guys had built.

It felt good to be home. Let me rephrase that, it felt great to be home. As great as the week away was it was nice to be back in familiar territory.

My arms were pulled back by Zacky's own tattooed ones as he pulled me from my seat and into his lap. His arms wrapped around my waist as he placed a kiss on my neck.

"Damn didn't you guys get enough fucking in while you were gone?" Brian exclaimed as he took another swig of his beer.

"Shut the fuck up Haner! But since you asked, yes we got plenty of fucking in and man let me tell you it was mind blowing wasn't it baby?" Everyone's gaze shifted to mine for a split second as they awaited my reply.

"It was indeed. I could go for another round right about now couldn’t you Zack?"

"Fucking hell man! You two are sick!" Jimmy said as he tossed a poorly aimed beer can at us only for it to land a good five feet to our left.

Zacky and I let our laughter ring out as our friends just groaned. I rolled my eyes knowing that they were all just about as bad as us.

"You all have no room to talk." I gave them a knowing look and the girls all sort of blushed a tad while the guys just grinned.

"Anyone up for a smore?" I asked as I stood up from Zack's lap and walked around to where the pile of marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers sat beside Matt and Val.

"Babe you can give me s'more anytime." Zacky said as he pinched my ass as I returned with a metal roasting stick and some supplies in hand. The guys cracked up laughing at Zacky's rather lame but well played take on my words.

I scowled as I sat back down in his lap and leaned a bit forward so I was closer to the flames that danced across the wood that was smoldering.

"You better watch yourself Mr. Vengeance." I teased as I watched my marshmallow start to cook.

"Actually Mrs. Vengeance I think I'd much rather watch you instead." His hands tickled at my hips making me jerk backward and fling my stick upward. Luckily the hot piece of metal remained in my hand. Not so luckily the marshmallow had decided to go flying off and land right on Jimmy's leg. I gasped as I tried to hold in my laughter as he tried to pick the goo off of his leg but only succeeded in making it smear more.

"Fuck you Zack! This is all your fault." He huffed as Leana took a napkin and easily wiped it off for him.

"Sorry Jim but I don't think my wife would like that very much." I didn't even reply to Zacky because I was too busy giggling as I put another sticky treat onto the end of my metal pole.

Zacky kept his arms wrapped around my waist this time and it allowed me to finally roast a perfect marshmallow. I grinned as I pulled it off of the stick but then was turned so I was facing Zacky more. His head leaned forward and opened his mouth as if he wanted it.

"I think you can roast your own." I smirked as I stuffed it into my own mouth. I closed my eyes and pretended to be overly enjoying it. After swallowing I looked back at Zack who seemed to be annoyed but in a playful way. He forced his mouth to mine and was quick to take a quick taste inside of my lips. He pulled away and smirked.

"That tastes good. Can you please make me one?" I rolled my eyes before agreeing.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Johnny sneakily rolling a marshmallow over his tongue before grasping it in two fingers and smirking at Brian who was giving a lovely kiss to Michelle. I nudged Zacky and nodded in Johnny and Lacey's direction before preparing for the scene to unfold.

The now sticky projectile flew through the air and hit Brian smack in the forehead. He pulled away growling before turning to rejoin the group and to give a general glare.

"Alright fuckers. Who was it?" I scoffed at the small white round dot that was now placed on his head. Unfortunately for him these guys could pull some incredible poker faces and it was nearly impossible to tell which guy had thrown the white ball.

Without warning he grabbed a handful of marshmallows and launched one at each guy as best he could with there being a girl on each of their lap.

It only took one marshmallow before a full blown war had broken out. I squealed as I scooted off of the warmth of Zack's lap and cowered on the ground not wanting to be hit.

"Ah ouch!" I heard Val mumble as she fell beside me. "They are so immature sometimes! I just hope no one trips and ends up in the fire." I looked up to see more projectiles flying and looked back at her to nod in agreement.

It had only been a minute before a loud whistle was heard and all noise seemed to stop.

Lifting my head up I saw that Leana was standing with her hands on her hips and was pointing to her head where a lovely glob was stuck in her hair. Her face said it all; she wasn't happy. The guys all had guilt written across their faces as they all put the marshmallows back into the bag before going over to help her get it out.

Val and I sat back in our chairs and were soon joined by Lacey and Michelle who had ducked for cover behind the cooler.

I leaned over the side and pulled out one of Zacky's sweatshirts from my bag and tugged it over my head. Nights on the beach always seemed to be a bit cold no matter what time of the year it was.

I cuddled back into the chair and inhaled the scent that was radiating from the fabric.

It took the guys a few minutes to help undo the mess that they had created and they were soon all seated once more with beers back in hand. Zacky's was almost empty and I rolled my eyes as he stood up to get another one. My expression was turned to surprise as he reached out for my hand and pulled me up with him.

"We'll be back guys." He said as he pulled me through the sand.

"No fucking on the beach! Remember this is open to the public!" Jimmy yelled only to receive the finger over Zack's head as we walked.

I loved my friends. I really truly did. Not only were they my friends though, they had become my family. Never in a million years would I had foreseen myself as being friends with the band and certainly not married to the one and only Zacky Vengeance.

My life seemed to be perfect. I had a guy who I was smitten with and who loved me just as much in return. Sure he had his perv moments but what guy didn't?

"What are you thinking about?" He asked as he pulled me into his side by my waist.

"Just my life and how incredible it is. It feels like I'm living in a dream."

"I often think about the same thing. I don't deserve you Katie. I've screwed up so much in my life and honestly always wondered if I'd find myself the right girl. And then I get handed you. You're perfect in each and every way. I don’t think I could find a more incredible girl out there if I tried."

"It just all seems so surreal. I mean me, a plain average girl, captured the player's heart. How odd is that?" He chuckled knowing it was true.

"Well we all need to settle down sometime. Having a constant is good for us. And you of all people help keep me in check. The beast needed to be tamed."

"Zack somehow you're still a beast, just a beast with one lover now."

"That's too true."

I grinned as we turned around and started to head back to our friends. I think you could hear their howls of laughter from a mile away.

"They're something else aren’t they?" Zack asked as we paused to watch the outline that we knew was Johnny jump up from his spot and proceed to tackle Jimmy's tall lanky frame to the ground.

"They are but that's what makes us who we are I suppose."

"Damn right. We wouldn't be Avenged Sevenfold if we weren't a bunch of tatted, pierced, rowdy, obnoxious, perverted musicians who loved our girls more than anything in this world." He moved to stand behind me while he was speaking and now had his arms wrapped around my waist as he walked us forward back toward the group.

The closer we got the faster he pushed me forward. My eyes widened as I felt my feet get mixed up between his and the next thing I knew we were both headed straight for the sand. My stomach hit first and I felt Zacky land on my back. Sand went flying up around us and it was silent for a minute before laughter erupted from our friends who had obviously witnessed the entire thing.

"Zaaack. Get off." I whined as my cheek pressed into the sand while his head rested on top of mine. He helped me to turn over but still remained on the ground.

"Dude you guys totally ate the fucking sand!" I groaned as I turned my head to face Matt and glare at him.

Zacky's hand reached up and brushed the sand off of my cheek. Our eyes locked and he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

"Never a dull moment." He murmured against my lips.

"Never. Now can we please stand up? I think my hair is now laced with sand."

He chuckled but stood and helped me up none the less. I turned and started to brush myself off but then I felt his hands add to the mixture. They ran through my hair and then messed it up while trying to get the sand out. I pouted at him and he then flattened it back out while saying a soft apology.

He grabbed my hand and yet again led me back toward the group before we resumed our spot in the same chair as before.

"You two are a piece of work." Val stated from her spot on Matt's lap.

"But you wouldn’t want us any other way!" I smiled.

"True statement there." Leana replied as she smiled.

Things seemed to calm down from that point on. The guys had stopped drinking, which was a great shock, and every couple was now cuddling by the fire. The guys had taken turns to keep it going and it was still burning in full force. I had pulled out my phone and saw it was now only eight at night. It felt to me more like midnight. I was still trying to recuperate from our honeymoon and my body was telling me it was getting rather tired.

Zacky had since leaned the chair back so we were reclining back. I was so thankful Matt and Val had brought one of their extra full reclining beach chairs for us knowing we were still looking for some after Jimmy had broken our last set.

He had also pulled out a blanket that I had packed and now had it covering the two of us as I cuddled against his chest. My legs were resting between his and I had my arms wrapped tightly around his chest. His hands were firmly placed over my back and were gently drawing small circles under my shirt.

It was funny how we were so alike yet so different. His calloused hands were the opposite of my smooth skin yet the feeling of them moving against each other was bliss. He had far more piercings and tattoos than I did. He was a tough guy whereas I was a sweet shy girl. He was a partier and loved being the center of attention at times. I was more of a quiet, back in the shadows person.

Yet when you put the two of us together, we fit like keys to a car. Only one set could unlock the car, each key unique.

That's how I felt right now as I laid in Zacky's arms. We fit together perfectly. I had finally found my missing half.

"What's on your mind? Your foot is wiggling and you only do that when you're deep in thought." His eyes were closed and his voice was low so only I could hear him.

"You're just perfect for me Zacky. I love being inside these arms of yours and I don't think I ever want to leave them."

"Good thing you don't have to then. Because babe, these arms belong to you every second of every day. And as far as I'm concerned, I don't ever want you to leave either. I love you." He placed a small kiss on my head.

"I love you too Zack. I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
ok i don't want any crying over this chapter! not a tear! because there's a sequal!!!! yaaaay! and if you haven't already go click the link to the sequal that's up at the top and at the bottom of this note if you want to stick around for it!

i honestly can't thank you all enough for sticking with me through my sappy moments with this story. i'm so thrilled that my very first story was such a success! and here i thought writing was never my thing.

thank you to EVERYONE who ever commented on this! you guys have seriously been what motivates me to keep going. i've had several parts where i just felt like quitting espacially when it came to drama.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! and i hope you stick around for the sequal. go subscribe if you wish!

Lips That Need No Introduction