Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 7

The war lasted about thirty minutes until Jimmy all of a sudden started flailing his arms yelling something about jellyfish while he ran out of the water. Needless to say… the rest of us were hot on his heels.

“Are you sure you saw jellyfish?” I managed to get out in between my panting.

“Well… I think I saw one. But it’s better to be safe than sorry right? I don’t want my ass to get stung thats for sure. That’d be one nasty place to have to have someone pee on.” He said while scrunching up his nose.

“Ew ew ew ew ew. I so didn’t need to hear that thanks!” I exclaimed. What… I didn’t!
Laying my towel down on the sand I decided to lie in the sun for awhile to try and dry off. The ‘war’ had gotten everyone completely soaking wet. My towel being a two person one, it wasn’t long before I heard someone lie down next to me.

Matt’s deep voice filled my ears as he asked “So are you really okay with coming back with us? I don’t want to force you to do something if you really don’t want to do it.”
I smiled at his concern and consideration.

“No I’d love to come back with you guys. I’m not normally one to make quick decisions but I really don’t have a choice since I only have two weeks left anyway. It’ll be a nice change for me. And I’ll get to work with one of my all time favorite bands… as well as live with one of the members.” I said and smiled. The thought of getting to live with Zacky really hadn’t settled into my mind until now. Wow, this was going to be interesting.

“You know,” Matt started. “Zacky hasn’t been this into a girl since… well, ever. He didn’t even let Gena live with him. He must think you’re really special.”

“Yeah… I guess. I just hope he isn’t using me as some sort of rebound. Damn I’m sounding like we’re dating or something. Is he really like people say he is? You know, all cocky and everything?” I smiled nervously… afraid of the answer.

Matt just chuckled.
“Sometimes he is. But most of the time it’s just an act. He’s actually a really nice guy as I’m sure you’ve seen today. Like I said before, he’s not normally like this around girls. Most of the time he tries to get in their pants right away.”

“Oh. Alright. Well I guess we’ll see how it all plays out then.”

Matt got up and once again I was left to myself. I could hear the guys all sitting, laughing at something Johnny had done. I think I could get used to this. I missed being around guys so much! While I lived in Japan for three years, my two best friends were both guys. Yet it’s been a few years since I’ve seen either one of them. We talk on the phone and email all the time but it just isn’t the same. I missed the jokes, the flirting, the obnoxiousness, the grossness, everything! You name it, chances are I miss it.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the feeling of tiny circles being drawn over my bare back. The feeling was so comforting it made me not want to move a muscle. Not even to turn my head to see who it was… although I thought I already knew.

“What makes you different? I can tell you’re not like other girls. I just haven’t quite figured out why.” Zacky’s soft voice floated over to me. Yep, I was right. It was him. I closed my eyes as he continued to draw on my back with his fingertips.

“Well, for one I’m not a whore like a lot of girls tend to be now a days. I don’t go running to the first hot guy I see. I’d rather start off as friends and work from there. I’m really easy going. Not high maintenance. I’m afraid, Mr. Vengeance, that you’ll have to figure the rest out on your own.” I finished with a smirk. He stopped moving his fingertips and instead rolled me over so that I was lying next to him. He casually draped his arm over my waist and whispered in my ear.

“Well I guess I’d better settle for being friends for now then.”

Yep. I could get used to this alright.