Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 8

“Oh come on Katie!!! We’ve been here all day and you haven’t touched a single beer! Do it for me please????” Jimmy looked at me with puppy dog eyes begging me to have a beer. Why I have no idea. I’m not big on alcohol. Never have been. I was never one to drink as a teenager and to be honest… I’ve only had half a beer since I turned 21.

This time it was Matt’s turn to start in.

“Yeah if you don’t have at least one then we’ll sick Zacky on you to try and untie your top.” As soon as this was said Zacky’s mouth turned up into a sinister smirk and he wiggles his eyebrows up and down from his spot in his chair.

Sighing and shaking my head a little, I turned back to Jimmy and said “That’s the last ting I need right now. Pass me a beer.”

He jumped up out of his spot next to Zack and walked over to the cooler and pulled out a dripping wet can, passing it to me. I flipped it open and took a drink. Eh I guess it wasn’t as bad as I remembered. We had all just chilled out for most of the afternoon. The guys told me stories from past tours and I told them stories of my living in Japan. They told me all about Huntington Beach and I told them all about San Diego (well the things they didn’t already know anyway). They laughed, I laughed. I smiled, they smiled. I was already feeling like part of the group. It was great.

“Zack lets go grab the firewood from the cars so we can get this big ass fire started.” Brian said as he got up and started in the direction that the cars were parked. Zack got up after him and jogged a bit to catch up, but not before turning to me and smiling. I’ve only known this guy for a day and he’s already giving me butterflies in my stomach. Oh shit what have I gotten myself into? I’ve never known a guy to make me feel like this by simply looking at me before. I think the other three guys sensed this too because they all turned to me at the same time with smirks on their faces.

“Sooooo it appears that someone has a crush on you. And you seem to have one back!” Johnny exclaimed pointing a finger at me all while smirking.

Matt and Jimmy contributed by making wolf whistles. Ok so I may have a tiny crush. Like I said before, I wanted to start out as friends first. Get to know him some. I definitely wasn’t one to jump into a relationship. I’ve actually only been in one before and it didn’t end very well. It’s really something I don’t like to talk about so I’ll just leave it at that.

“You guys” I groaned. “Please don’t do this to me just yet. I barely know him yet! Ok I will admit I do think he’s hot but please don’t make this a big deal just yet. Please?” I asked hoping they would get it, while taking another sip of my half finished beer.

Matt looked at my pleading eyes and smiled. “Alright. We won’t make it a big deal. But at least we know the truth now. You do like him.”

“Like who?” came a voice from behind me. Turning around I saw it was Brian with a huge pile of wood that he set down next to the metal pit that was in the sand.

Matt was kind enough to not say names but he looked from Zack’s form that was walking towards us a ways back to me and back to Zack hoping Brian would get the hint. He did and smiled answering Matt with a drawn out “Ohhhhhhh.”

He winked at me as Zack approached and set his pile down next to Brian’s. The two of them were joined by Matt as they started piling wood in the ring and drenched it in some lighter fluid, throwing a match in to top it all off. I stood up and grabbed my chair, taking it over next to the fire so I could get warmer. I hadn’t even thought about bringing a jacket for once the sun started to set, so the warmth of the fire was very welcomed. I drained what was left of my beer and set the can next to my chair, leaning back up and settling in, ready to enjoy the heat that was being produced. Looking around me I saw the other guys had followed my lead and repositioned their chairs around the fire as well. Well, all except for one certain guy with snakebites in hissexy lips. As I turned around to see what he was doing I was blinded by some sort of material hitting me in the face. Pulling it down I saw it was a black Metallica sweatshirt that Zacky had thrown at me. As he set his chair down next to mine he looked at me and smiled innocently as I glared back at him.

“What? You looked cold!” he defended himself. “Just put it on.”

Smiling at him I pulled the sweatshirt over my head and inhaled the scent that was Zacky Vengeance. Damn he smelled good.

“Thanks. I was kind of chilly. You would think me living here I would have remembered it gets cold at night near the water.” I said while laughing a little. How could I have been so stupid?

“No problem.” he smirked. “By the way, you look hot in my clothes.”

It’s a good thing I didn’t have anything to drink in my mouth because it surely would have been spit right back out from shock. The guys of course started laughing at my reaction while Zacky still smirked.

“Just stating the facts babe.” He chuckled turning back to face the fire.

The guys were still laughing as I scowled at them all in turn.

“Alright fine, laugh at me. I see how you guys are.” I said while crossing my arms and faking to pout.

“Awww Katie you know we all love you!” Brian yelled as he got up and ran over to me, picking me up and spinning me around causing me to laugh. As he set me back down he kissed my cheek and I of course blushed. Psh, you would too if Synyster Gates just kissed you on the cheek!

“So Brian, you’ve seen Katie’s apartment. How much stuff does she have? How many cars are we going to need?” Jimmy asked him while he looked between Brian and me. I really hadn’t thought of how I was going to get all of my things up to Huntington Beach just yet, or when I was going up there.

“Not too many, maybe like three cars. Not to be mean or anything, but you really don’t have a lot of things Katie.”

“Oh trust me, I know. I really only kept what I needed. The rest of my things are with my parents in Japan. I like to just go simple.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“When are you guys planning on whisking me away from my humble abode?”

“As soon as possible” Matt laughed “We head home on Sunday. So seeing as today’s Friday that gives us tomorrow to help you pack and then we can come back on Tuesday to pick you up. Sound ok guys?”

A chorus of ‘yeah’s were heard from around the circle and when I looked around a smile adorned each of their faces. Wow these guys really were anxious to have me up there.

“Oooooooh!!!! We have got to make some damn smores now!!! I’ve been waiting all day and almost forgot about them!” Johnny yelled as he jumped up and ran to the table to get the stuff out. Laughing I got up as well to help him pull everything out. I love smores too and it’s been so long since I last had one.

We pulled out the metal wires they had to roast the marshmallows on and filled each one with two marshmallows before passing them out to the guys and taking our seats once again. When I looked around at the guys they all had a different facial expression on. Johnny was staring intently at his marshmallows as if trying to get them toasted just right. Brian was leaning back lazily in his chair slowly twirling his wire around in a circle. Jimmy on the other hand was waving his quickly through the flames as if daring it to catch on fire while Matt watched him and laughed, and Zacky, well he was just relaxing and had his just sitting above the flames. Jimmy let out a shriek as he started waving his now on fire marshmallows in the air trying to get rid of the fire. All the guys started howling in laughter and finally Brian leaned over since he was sitting next to Jimmy, grabbed his wire and blew on the flames causing them to go out.

“Oh yeah, laugh it up guys.” Jimmy stated with a very sad looking frown upon his face as he looked at his now black snack.

“Oh quit pouting dumbass. Bring those burnt suckers over here I’ll eat them.” Zacky told Jimmy as he laughed and switched poles with Jimmy. Zack pulled them off and stuffed them into his mouth before he got up and walked over to the table going to grab some more marshmallows. Looking back at my own I saw they were the perfect shade of golden brown so I followed Zack’s actions and got up as well, my feet carrying myself to the table as well. When I got there Zack looked at me and held up a graham cracker with chocolate on it. I set my marshmallows on top and he put the other half on and pulled them off my wire. Then smirking he took a huge bite and held the rest out to me. My jaw had dropped and he just laughed, put two more on my pole, handed it back to me and walked back to his seat where he sat and extended his pole back over the flames.

Walking back over to the guys they all looked between Zacky, who was chewing on my smore, and me who still had my jaw dropped and was holding the other half that wasn’t currently in Zacky’s mouth. They all just laughed and went back to what they were doing.

Tons of smores and several hours later the fire had stared to die down and we all started to pack up our things. The day had been filled with many laughs as well as a lot of flirting on Zacky’s part. After we hauled everything back to the cars we climbed back into them and took off. Once we were back over the bridge I noticed we weren’t taking the familiar route back to my apartment complex, but were rather making our way towards Hotel Circle.

“Ummm Brian, aren’t you forgetting something?” I asked while looking at him from the backseat. I had insisted that Zacky sat up front on the way back since I had it to begin with. He looked at me through the mirror and acted confused as he said a simple “No I don’t think I am.”

Zacky on the other hand turned around and smirked at me for what seemed like the billionth time that night. I decided to just let it go and see what they had in store. Once we arrived at the Marriott we all got out and Johnny walked back to me with an evil grin on his face.

“Guess we decided not to take you home. You’re stuck with us for the night then.”

Rolling my eyes I followed them into the hotel and into the elevator.

“Alright since I’ve been kidnapped who’s room am I staying in?” I asked sort of afraid of the answer.

“You, my dear, and staying with me and Zack tonight.” Brian said with a smile on his face.

I said good night to the other guys and followed Brian and Zack down the hall to their room.

“Just so long as no one rapes me I guess it’s alright.” I muttered and they both turned around to look at me with evil grins on their faces.

We piled into the room and Zacky went over to his dufflebag and pulled out a pair of black boxers and an Anaheim Angels t-shirt. He tossed them to me before walking over to the bathroom and saying he was going to shower really fast. I decided to let Brian go after Zack and I would go last. We were all sandy and still had the smell of salt water on us. While Zack was in there I decided to go visit the other guys. Brian tossed me a room key and also told me that they had two showers in there so I could probably use one of theirs if I wanted. I carried Zacky’s clothes down the hall and knocked on the door quietly but loud enough so they would hear me.

Jimmy opened up the door and ushered me in and over towards one of the bathrooms where he shoved me in and closed the door without saying a word. “Well that was nice of him.” I muttered. After I had showered I changed into Zacky’s clothes that were extremely comfortable and walked out, seeing all of the guys sprawled out in various places in the room. I said good night and thanked them for letting me use the shower and then returned to the room.

As soon as I closed the door my clothes were ripped out of my hands and throw on the floor as Zack picked me up and carried me over to the bed where Brian was already laying. He tossed me in the middle and climbed in as well.

“Well this is new for me” I chuckled. “Being in bed with two guys. Aren’t I lucky tonight.” I laughed. They chuckled as well and Zack replied with “Honey I think we’re the lucky ones tonight.” He winked and leaned over turning out the light. As he rolled back over I closed my eyes and started to doze off, but not before I felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around my waist and pull me close.