Status: On going :)

St. Helenas Orphanarium

Two

I stood up instantly, my hands at my sides, scared. I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't get the words out. He smiled at me as did the couple behind him, looking up at me with warming faces. The kind of expression I hadn't seen for years.
“Frank, boy, come down here at once and meet them”
I stumbled down the winding creaking stairs, keeping my eyes on them as I walked. I was scared, I don’t know why, but the more I looked at the family the more something looked kind of off, and although the couple looked pleasant and warming, I couldn't help but wonder why the young man was glaring at me, stood tall with his arms crossed firmly, he looked pissed off.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs I bowed my head to the family instinctively, they both smiled and the woman shook her head at me.
“You have no need to bow at us Frank”
The young man next to them sneered and said something that sounded suspiciously like ‘yes, yes he does’
She smacked him on the side of the head, even though he was considerably taller than her, and he glared at her. I walked forward and stood next to the warden as he put a big hand on my small shoulder and smiled down at me fakely. The warden had never liked me, he took time out to make my life as well as a few others a personal hell, the last couple of years in this place were not fun, now that I had learned to fight back, despite my small size, I have accumulated many bruises from him teaching me a lesson. Never the less he kept smiling and talking to the couple as i stood there with my head down occasionally looking up at their clean faces. They were walking about taking me away, how they had known my family before they left me here, they said they had a huge house just outside the city and planned to take me away.

Most orphans would be thrilled, but after spending years in a place like this you turn numb, you find more happiness helping others than trying to dig yourself out of the hole that you had been thrown in yourself, you would rather see them get out alive than yourself. Now the day had come, I was torn, I would miss everyone I had met, all of them. Even the ones that had left, even the ones that had died before they had a chance to escape, even the ones that deserved this more than me.

I looked up and saw the young mans face, now that I could see him more clearly I realized he must of been a few years older than me. Shadow graced his chin and long silky black hair fell down to his jaw passed his ears, his eyes still glared at me coldly, wishing for me to go away. I may not want to leave this place just yet, I may miss the simplicity of it, the order and the lack of emotions, I may miss the love I got from my only friend bob, but one thing I knew for sure after seeing this mans face, was that the view would be much nicer than the one from my damp cold window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Number two, It will pick up soon, I'll write the next chapter tomorow after thearpy :)
-xoL